Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying philanthropy

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J Boyle
    With malice towards none

Flying philanthropy

Some good news from my part of the world you might find interesting. (I put it here instead of the little visited General Aviation forum because its more of a public service than private aviation).

Whitefish, Montana philanthropist Mike Goguen has funded Two Bear Air, a rescue operation that covers Western Montana and Northern Idaho. I believe "Two Bear" is the name of Goguen's ranch...so it made sense to add "air" for the rescue operation.

In Sept. 2011, Flathead County undersheriff Jordan White began to raise money for search and rescue equipment. After learning that search and rescue teams were also in need of a quality helicopter, Whitefish philanthropist Mike Goguen committed to fund all costs of the operation under the name Two Bear Air Rescue. To date, Goguen has spent more than $11 million on the program at zero cost to the taxpayers, to help his fellow citizens of Montana.

This commitment includes the purchase of the helicopters, all maintenance, operating costs, hangar facilities, pilots, crewmembers and extensive training.

He bought a Bell 429 fully equipped for rescue operations and a less comprehensively equipped MD 530F. In fact, the current MD replaces a MD 500E that was lost in a non-fatal crash while working a wildfire in 2015.
    The MD company seems to have given them a deal on the replacement aircraft. http://helihub.com/2015/10/26/two-be...with-new-530f/

Here's a link to their site that discusses some of their missions:
    http://www.twobearair.org/news/missions/

I think an $11 million dollar donation deserves to be acknowledged...especially in this time when certain factions and parties don't have a good word to say about "the rich".
    Last edited by J Boyle; 10th July 2016, 23:51.
    There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.
  • ~Alan~
    Rank 5 Registered User

There's a lot of good people about
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

• John Green
      Rank 5 Registered User

Hope his Govt. recognises his philanthropy.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
      X