First Britain - who will be next ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 11 months

Will now the 'domino' effect come into being ? Britain has led the way, who will follow ? Netherlands ? Denmark? Not France, surely ?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Will now the 'domino' effect come into being ? Britain has led the way, who will follow ? Netherlands ? Denmark? Not France, surely ?

But John,

How would the UK electorate, that were apparently not very smart because they could see through all the bullying and lies, live with themselves if such a terrible thing were to happen?

Cheers

Paul

Member for

17 years 6 months

Feeling a bit lonely, now we're out?

Member for

12 years 11 months

Yes. Isn't it lovely. A happy state of affairs - I don't think that it will last before we're joined by someone.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Let's keep all the discussion in one thread please. It's a bit confusing otherwise.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Bruce,

I rather thought that this subject was important enough to justify a separate listing. If you think differently, then merge.

Member for

17 years 5 months

What I wonder is as 50 odd percent voted to leave, and as all of the countries in Europe are supposed to be democracies, if the statistics of those countries also show a majority in favour of leaving, are their democratically elected representatives going to block and veto the wishes of a greater portion of their populace in holding a referendum, because if so that is NOT democracy. It also makes you wonder if that is why there was so much resistance for that happening here in the past, because they knew they could lose.
Part of Europe, and we are part of Europe in a geographical sense now, has spoken, and the rest of them need to sit up and take note or face the consequences from internal division ripping it apart..

As for "Call me Dave" resigning, that was inevitable, the Chancellor should follow, you cannot have someone negotiating a departure who is simply is against it. Corbyn also needs to go in my opinion, he failed miserably to address the issues and it almost felt like he was playing a survival game, distance himself from it all so he could say it was not his fault. One of their failures was not to put across anything believable, their forecasts rapidly becoming more and more ludicrous as the campaign went on, and that post Brexit budget... come one, that was Osborne's death knell.

The biggest losers are Europe, their sheer arrogance in not listening to the UK and playing lip service to Cameron's re-negotiations on immigration and the other matters by trying to pass off toothless and ineffective assurances on the assumption that the British public would be beguiled and not see straight through their agendas, well sorry, but we are not fools and we did.

Give us a wave Dave..... Byeeee

Member for

12 years 11 months

Well...... prophetic words. More and more French whispers about yes, France, as the next actor in the supporting role.

Maybe the /French working class are as conscious as ours of being relentlessly ignored and trampled upon by their equivalents of the London metropolitan elites !

Mes amis ! A la barricades.