Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 shot dead in Florida

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • critter592
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by John Green View Post
    Purely as a matter of common sense, doesn't this tragic matter make it incumbent upon the homosexual 'community' to adopt a lower profile ?
    Why should we?
    If we do that, then this sends a very negative message, and ultimately means the terrorists have won.
    Also "as a matter of common sense" I feel it is time that gun control was brought in to the USA.
    Remind me again - How many mass shootings have there been in recent months, and how many of those shootings were committed by white males?

And why have you placed the word community in inverted commas? We (the LGBT community) ARE a community.
    If you think this is anything other than the case, you know nothing.
    Midlands Air Crash Research

"Lest We Forget"

Comment

• tankdriver67
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Nov 2015

I think the French also should ban assault weapons. If they had there never would have been a Paris massacre.

Comment

• Rii
        Rii
        • Oct 2010

Just for reference, this is what condoning the massacre looks like.

Comment

• Creaking Door
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Sep 2006

What is? Be more specific.
          WA$.

Comment

• snafu
            • Aug 2013

Not got the first time or probably the last, you have me baffled. I never suspected that the French police were homosexual.
            Get yourself informed...

The French government has denounced an abject act of terrorism after a man with a previous terrorist conviction carried out a gruesome knife murder of a police commander and his partner at their home outside Paris in the presence of their three-year-old son.

Larossi Abballa, a Frenchman previously convicted of taking part in a jihadi recruitment network and claiming allegiance to Islamic State, streamed a video of the fatal attack on Facebook Live.

Jean-Baptiste Salvaing, 42, had returned to his home in the quiet residential area of Magnanville 30 miles (50km) west of Paris between 8pm and 8.20pm on Monday night in plain clothes, when Larossi lay in wait for him hidden behind a gate.

Salvaing first managed to escape and shouted at neighbours to call the police, but Abballa caught up with him on the pavement and repeatedly stabbed him in the stomach, killing him.

Abballa, 25, then ran into the house and held hostage the commanders 36-year-old partner Jessica Schneider, who worked as a police administrator in a police station in nearby Mantes-la-Jolie, as well as the couples three-year-old son.

Elite police squads were called to the scene, evacuated neighbours, sealed off the area and cut off the electricity, plunging the street into darkness.
            Police negotiators attempted to talk to Abballa, who said he was a soldier for Isis and had sworn allegiance to the group. He said that he had deliberately targeted police.

The negotiations failed when Abballa first told police to stay away from the door then cut off communications. Shortly before midnight, loud explosions and shots were heard as police stormed the house and killed the attacker. They found Schneider dead from a knife-wound to the neck, and rescued the couples son alive but in a state of shock.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...i-abballa-isis

Originally posted by critter592 View Post
            And why have you placed the word community in inverted commas? We (the LGBT community) ARE a community.
            If you think this is anything other than the case, you know nothing.
            Meet John Green, one of the forums Farages, with his forthright views on life and how Britain should be run.

Don't be shy, say hello John.

Originally posted by tankdriver67 View Post
            I think the French also should ban assault weapons. If they had there never would have been a Paris massacre.
            Indeed, but are assault weapons available in France, over the counter like America? Recent experience has shown that there is weapon smuggling across borders in Europe so, although guns wouldn't be as easy to obtain as in the US, those who know know how to obtain them if they want them.

Originally posted by Creaking Door View Post
            Not absolutely sure, but I feel it might be John and his suggestion that any potential victims of a particular sexual preference go back into hiding in the closet; not that this would stop potential attacks - we are all potential targets since IS at war with all of us and have made no secret of it.

Comment

• Creaking Door
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Sep 2006

Well, if that is the case it is a very strange view on what 'condoning the massacre' looks like!

For the record I disagree that the LGBT community should be forced to, or volunteer to, change their behaviour in any way whatsoever; this (the United Kingdom) is a free country. So, apparently, is the USA.

Did you watch the statement by the shooter's father?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36515029

Apart from confirming his belief that homosexuality is a crime that should be punished (by god) the only thing he seemed concerned about was that his son was dead, while taking the time to point out that his son was a 'very good' educated boy, and had been married with a child (so, therefore demonstrably NOT gay, right? Wrong!)...

...and then wondering who had put 'hatred into his heart'?

Well, dad, I'd say you did with your pathetic medieval religious beliefs!

And all this in the holy month of Ramadan too.....shocker!
              Last edited by Creaking Door; 15th June 2016, 08:57.
              WA$.

Comment

• snafu
                • Aug 2013

Like I said, not absolutely sure.

The father did offer his sympathy to victims families - http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...ctims-20160613
                But then he would have been in shock that his son was dead, was the one who committed a mass killing, was having to deal with the enormity of the situation, the police and the press. Not defending him, if it is needed, but merely demonstrating that he would have had a lot on his mind.

But how about this:

SACRAMENTO A few short hours after dozens were gunned down at a gay club in Orlando, on Sunday, the Rev. Roger Jimenez delivered his sermon from his Sacramento pulpit.

"Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today? No ... I think that's great. I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida's a little safer tonight," he said to the crowd of believers in front of him.

A link on his church's Facebook page, Verity Baptist Church, directed viewers to the sermon on YouTube.

"It is unnatural for a man to be attracted to another man," he said as he preached for more than an hour.

"The tragedy is that more of them didn't die," he said.

For members of Sacramento's LGBTQ community, religious freedom is sacred, but leaders feel a vile line has been crossed.

"We as the gay community support you should be able to worship as you see fit, but it's when you use the pulpit to incite violence or demean or discredit another class of people, just utter disgust," said Donald Bentz, executive director of Sacramento's LGBTQ Community Center.

FOX40 reached out to Jimenez at his church, by phone and at his home Monday to no avail.

A congregant who lives just a few doors down from him said she fully supported her pastor, but wouldn't comment on camera about his message.

Throughout the sermon, Pastor Jimenez cited passages in the Bible from Judges 19:22, Genesis 4:1 and Romans 1:27 to back up his points.

Bentz countered that with a critique of the translation process.

"Most of those texts were originally written into Hebrew, translated into Greek, translated into Latin, translated into old English, new English and then back to English and every author that did the translations subjected them to the social mores of their time," he said.

And while Pastor Jimenez has told the faithful of his flock that Orlando is now safer without what he calls the 50 predators eliminated by a terrorist's gun, others believe the danger level in Sacramento has now increased.

"To know that this man's church is within driving distance of my home and where I work and where I'm walking at night, and his congregation members are out on the street, it's very scary," said Bentz.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...ando-is-safer/
                Now that is hate, wouldn't you agree John?.

Comment

• Rii
                  Rii
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Creaking Door View Post
                  Umm, there is a link in my post. The same story that snafu just posted. That is condoning the massacre.

Comment

• TonyT
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Oct 2006

I still cannot get my head around the right to bear arms, and the arms carried, I cannot fathom out why assault rifles are allowed, if certain states can ban fully automatic weapons, which they do, then I can see no rhythm or reason why this cannot be extended to assault weapons.
                    Banning a certain class of weapon ( which in the full automatic range ) already occurs is not preventing the right to bear arms, simply limiting it to certain weapons.

when you get drivel like this

For example in April 20, 1999, there was a Columbine High School massacre and on April 17, 2007, there was also a Virginia Techs shooting that could have been ended and lives saved if there was an armed citizen shooting the attackers.
                    http://secondamendment1.weebly.com/pros-and-cons.html

it seems to pass over their heads that if weapons were banned period, there would be no need to have armed civilians protecting anyone, as the killer would also be unarmed..
                    Now I know it is to late to put that genie back into the bottle and the USA is now stuck in a spiralling never ending path to disaster, you cannot now ban these weapons and expect miracles, there are so many out on the streets it will be a century or so before it would take effect. Perhaps the way forward would be to cease the sale of the ammunition for them.

Comment

• snafu
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Rii View Post
                      Umm, there is a link in my post. The same story that snafu just posted. That is condoning the massacre.
                      Ah. Don't know about anyone else but that 'link' is dark blue on white, alongside the normal black on white, and doesn't show up awfully well.

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
                      I still cannot get my head around the right to bear arms...
                      Have a look at this thread http://forum.keypublishing.com/showt...nly-in-America which might answer your questions. Or might not. But there are a few live gun nuts trying to defend their right to retain their phallic substitutes.

Comment

• Wings43
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2015

Purely as a matter of commonsense, doesn't this tragic matter make it incumbent upon the homosexual 'community' to adopt a lower profile ?
                        Would you have said that about any other community who had suffered such an awful atrocity?

I can't imagine you would have said that about soldiers in the aftermath of Lee Rigby's murder. No, you would have just condemned those who did it.

Shame on you. LGBT shouldn't hide themselves away from society in fear.

I'll expect one of your obtuse replies in short order but please don't bother.

Comment

• TonyT
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Oct 2006

Totally agree with you, why the heck should any members of society have to hide away and adopt a low profile simply because of sexual preferences, religion or race.... We have moved away from those dark days.

Comment

• John Green
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Wings43 View Post
                            Would you have said that about any other community who had suffered such an awful atrocity?

I can't imagine you would have said that about soldiers in the aftermath of Lee Rigby's murder. No, you would have just condemned those who did it.

Shame on you. LGBT shouldn't hide themselves away from society in fear.

I'll expect one of your obtuse replies in short order but please don't bother.
                            Of course I'll bother. It would be discourteous to ignore you. Your comment makes you an unthinking idiot. I don't often write that kind of stuff but, in your case I'll make an exception.

After Mr. Rigby's murder, all servicemen and women were advised to keep a low profile by not wearing uniform in public. Do you remember the outcry that resulted ? That is the 'commonsense' that I referred to.

You entirely missed the simple point that I made hence the 'idiot'.

Yes, I do utterly condemn this awful slaughter no matter who is involved.

Comment

• Wings43
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jan 2015

You are transparent and I think a lot of people see through your comments on this and a number of threads.

Comment

• Meddle
                                Rank Bajin.
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
                                We have moved away from those dark days.
                                Have you read any of John's posts on here?

Comment

• John Green
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Wings43 View Post
                                  You are transparent and I think a lot of people see through your comments on this and a number of threads.
                                  You've just accused me of being obtuse - which is it ?

Comment

• Creaking Door
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Rii View Post
                                    Ah, sorry.....I missed the fact that the word 'this' was a link (dark blue and black look pretty similar on my screen)!
                                    WA$.

Comment

• MrBlueSky
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Jan 2006

By all account the guy was a closet gay, to his family, but it now seems he had been visiting the Gay bar's for nearly a year and was known to frequent said bar where the shooting occurred.

As a Muslim, being Gay is abhorrent to the Islamic religion and is punishable by death, so, what's he going to do? If he comes out he will be vilified by people of Muslim faith, if he commits suicide, he won't go to heaven, the only option left to him would be to kill Infidels, notably Gay infidels, that way Allah will vanquish his sin of being a Buccaneer and allow him to enter Heaven, Sorted!

Mind you his 72 Virgins will be left wanting...
                                      Last edited by MrBlueSky; 15th June 2016, 23:27.

Comment

• snafu
                                        • Aug 2013

You've just accused me of being obtuse - which is it ?
                                        Some answers are quite completely you - if we were baiting you then your replies wouldn't be out of place with our desires (but we are not baiting you, I think). But you also don't answer the gist of the question so frequently, so I have no problem with someone calling you obtuse and transparent. Buy the t-shirt and smile about it, be happy!

Comment

• John Green
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Mar 2011

Some of the questions are so transparent that they create a doubt. Some of the statements are so obtuse that they completely lack any transparency sowing doubt in the mind of the reader as to whether transparency or obtuseness was intended or, merely accidental.

I have the t-shirt and I don't so much smile, as larff - in a transparent way !

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X