Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Is Quiet

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thr62
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Feb 2007
    • 102

    Forum Is Quiet

    This forum doesn't appear to be as popular as it used to be ?

    I really used to enjoy the Trip Reports however the last report was September 2015. Maybe everyone's stopped travelling?

    The other section which doesn't appear to have a great deal of activity is Civil Aircraft Images

    Maybe it's the time of year or are users now posting on other sites ?.

    Although not a big contributor to the foum (100 posts since 2007) I always used to enjoy viewing the above sections

    Any thoughts on this ?

    Tim
    "We can all make mistakes" said the Dalek climbing off the dustbin.
  • Bruce
    Independent analyst
    • Jan 2000
    • 10224

    #2
    Forums everywhere are in decline. Thank Facebook, Instagram and other social media.

    I think they call it progress..



    Bruce

    Comment

    • ~Alan~
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Mar 2010
      • 5018

      #3
      Maybe there's nothing controversial to post about, the silly season perhaps ?
      Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

      Comment

      • TonyT
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Oct 2006
        • 9023

        #4
        Boo.....

        Comment

        • snafu
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2013
          • 2825

          #5
          Originally posted by thr62 View Post
          I really used to enjoy the Trip Reports however the last report was September 2015. Maybe everyone's stopped travelling?
          Maybe they can't afford to. How many trips have you made in the last seven months?

          Comment

          • thr62
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Feb 2007
            • 102

            #6
            MMMm - that'll be nil now let me turn that question around...How many have you made snafu ???????
            Last edited by Peter; 26th March 2016, 22:17. Reason: See rules regarding Quote use
            "We can all make mistakes" said the Dalek climbing off the dustbin.

            Comment

            • J Boyle
              With malice towards none
              • Oct 2004
              • 9793

              #7
              A lot of the older posters who made the Historic Aviation forum the best in the world have moved on.
              5 years ago, you could ask any question and get a detailed answer in minutes about any part of aviation history.

              Now it's turned into a virtual car book sale of rusty junk..."I just got this...what is it and how much is it worth?".

              Not to mention nationalistic fan boys trashing anything that isn't UK built. Oh well....
              There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

              Comment

              • charliehunt
                Nearly there!
                • Oct 2012
                • 11459

                #8
                But have they moved on to other fora or have they "retired" from internet intercourse altogether? If the former, why?
                Charlie

                Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

                Comment

                • ~Alan~
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 5018

                  #9
                  It'll liven up once the airshow season gets underway.
                  Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

                  Comment

                  • paul178
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 2925

                    #10
                    Originally posted by snafu View Post
                    Maybe they can't afford to. How many trips have you made in the last seven months?
                    Well I have been to the Doctors (8),Hospital,(4) Aldi(28) and Tesco.(50+) Do they count as trip reports?
                    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
                    I take something for it.

                    Comment

                    • John Green
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 6643

                      #11
                      Originally posted by ~Alan~ View Post
                      It'll liven up once the airshow season gets underway.

                      What 'airshow season' would that be Alan ?

                      Comment

                      • John Green
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 6643

                        #12
                        JB

                        Hadn't realised you were such a sensitive soul. We'll treat all your claims, outrageous or not, with tender loving care in future !

                        Comment

                        • Meddle
                          Rank Bajin.
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 1626

                          #13
                          Originally posted by thr62 View Post
                          The other section which doesn't appear to have a great deal of activity is Civil Aircraft Images.
                          Maybe people finally realised how boring modern civil aviation actually is.



                          Originally posted by J Boyle View Post
                          Now it's turned into a virtual car book sale of rusty junk..."I just got this...what is it and how much is it worth?".
                          Not to mention nationalistic fan boys trashing anything that isn't UK built. Oh well....
                          It has a bad side as well! (I consider recycling to be a good thing).


                          Originally posted by John Green View Post
                          What 'airshow season' would that be Alan ?
                          Some of the good people of UKAR want Thunder City to bring Lightning XS452 over here. What could possibly go wrong.

                          Comment

                          • snafu
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2013
                            • 2825

                            #14
                            Originally posted by thr62 View Post
                            MMMm - that'll be nil now let me turn that question around...How many have you made snafu ???????
                            Me? Matters not how many I have made - I am not the one asking about Trip Reports, nor one who has read Trip Reports, or even sees the point in Trip Reports; gloating about travelling on an airliner could be classified the same as travelling on a bus for some people, with a similar amount in both tallies. Did travel on a train t'other day, though - might that count?

                            Originally posted by paul178 View Post
                            Well I have been to the Doctors (8),Hospital,(4) Aldi(28) and Tesco.(50+) Do they count as trip reports?
                            Could do, but only if you can find an appropriate trip report forum to file your reports in.


                            Originally posted by Meddle View Post
                            Some of the good people of UKAR want Thunder City to bring Lightning XS452 over here. What could possibly go wrong.
                            Let us hope there will be an airshow for it to fly at, then.

                            Comment

                            Unconfigured Ad Widget

                            Collapse

                             

                            Working...
                            X