Dad's Army film - anyone seen it?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

If so is it any good? I'm not a fan of the TV series but I'm interested in the film with it being filmed on the Yorkshire coast. I don't know anyone who's seen it and I am thinking about buying it on DVD when it comes out.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

I saw it at the cinema. I enjoyed it.

Different from the TV series. Not better, not worse. Just different.

Mogg

Member for

14 years 2 months

I've seen it & enjoyed it, didn't find it as funny as the series but still funny.
Worth watching the end credits for the out takes as well.

Member for

11 years 6 months

As posted in the film thread last month. "Dad's Army. Very ordinary and sadly my original reservations when it was announced were pretty much confirmed. A few good gags but a stand out performance from Toby Jones who invested Mainwaring with so much more without taking anything away from Arthur Lowe. A harmless, innocuous and mildly amusing 100 minutes." And yes the out takes were very amusing although half the audience missed them as few seem to stay for the end credits anymore.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Saw it and much enjoyed it. I thought Catherine Zeta Jones was a good sport to play that part sending herself up with no hint of the Hollywood diva one might have expected.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Catherine wanted the part & had to explain Dads army to her husband

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks for the replies. Round here, where some of the film was made, it has been a total sell out night after night, so I will have to wait for the DVD to see it. Although I am not a big fan of the TV series the film really caught my imagination with so many familiar places being used as locations.