Dambuster George "Johnny" Johnson says what he thinks!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

From the Daily Telegraph. I was at the IBCC fund raising event on Saturday. Johnny did actually have a go at all politicians, whatever their shade.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/12177903/Britains-last-Dambuster-launches-attack-on-David-Cameron-for-failure-to-mint-Bomber-Command-medal.html

Original post

Member for

13 years

Suggested correction to the subject title:

Dambuster Johnny Johnson says what all of us think !

Member for

24 years 3 months

True!

Member for

14 years 11 months

I agree

Member for

16 years 6 months

Johnny Johnson must also be aware of the fascist dictatorship currently being installed in this country, ( And I'll bet it makes him cringe in dis-belief ) which basically is putting 2 fingers up to all our forefathers who served in WW2 and doesn't seem to care about todays UK Forces either. ( www.ukcolumn.org ) People need to wake up---fast !!!! if not for themselves but for their kids and grandkids futures.

Bill T.

Member for

16 years 8 months

Good for you "Johnnie", it comes to something when,not only is the national memorial to Bomber command funded by charity, but it is then topped by the national disgrace that this government cannot find itself to honour a campaign medal which has been denied to the surviving crewmen since 1945.

Yet (despite the fact they deserve them, no so offence intended) the French are giving the D-Day veterans long overdue Leigion D'honnour medals.

Still, I may not be in a position to offer the " Bomber Boys " a medal, but I'm glad to be part of the generation that feels they are owed the greatest respect.

I know if lead the country, I'd make sure they got one.

Member for

13 years

As a private initiative, perhaps the many in this country and abroad who feel most strongly about this omission, could gather their collective financial strength and commission a medal manufacturer to design a specific Bomber Command campaign medal to be recorded as offered 'on behalf of the people of Britain and the British Commonwealth'.

Member for

13 years

Further on this matter. I e-mailed a medal manufacturer also offering a design service. They quickly replied, writing that a medal manufacturer known as Award Medals had, as a private initiative, already - some while ago - issued a commemorative medal for Bomber Command.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Johnny Johnson must also be aware of the fascist dictatorship currently being installed in this country, ( And I'll bet it makes him cringe in dis-belief ) which basically is putting 2 fingers up to all our forefathers who served in WW2 and doesn't seem to care about todays UK Forces either. ( www.ukcolumn.org ) People need to wake up---fast !!!! if not for themselves but for their kids and grandkids futures.

Bill T.

Time for your meds I think......

Member for

11 years 6 months

Just relieved I have no "grandkids", although I do have grandchildren!!;)

Member for

15 years 10 months

Bill T.

If you are referring to our present government, agree wholeheartedly.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Just look at the alternative Silver Fox - would you really want 'Comrade Corby' running the country ? ; )

Member for

11 years 6 months

If this gets much sillier someone will be comparing us to North Korea!!:highly_amused:

Member for

18 years 7 months

At the risk of appearing to want to defend "Dave" I think all post-war Govts, starting with that led by Churchill, have badly failed the men of Bomber Command.

Member for

19 years 5 months

If this gets much sillier someone will be comparing us to North Korea!!:highly_amused:

Or perhaps various Americans which many in the UK don't like..or heaven forbid, Margaret Thatcher. They get much more scorn on this forum than North Korea or any number of dictatorships. :) :)

Member for

19 years 5 months

Or perhaps various Americans which many in the UK don't like..or heaven forbid, Margaret Thatcher. They get much more scorn on this forum than North Korea or any number of dictatorships. :) :)

Member for

11 years 6 months

I was actually making a flippant observation on the asinine assertion posted earlier comparing the current UK government to a facist dictatorship. However much it is despised by some, making that comparison, without any discernible trace of irony, is simply stupid.