No announcement yet.

BREXIT - Merged thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought we'd agreed on the humour of the situation?.

I failed to see the common sense in a campaign that says money will be taken back from the EU and spent on British people in the NHS when it's actually having to go to Japanese industrialists.

As for confidence do you think the value of the pound has crashed because people don't like the pictures on the notes?. No one wants to hold sterling.

I don't think there is an argument there of any kind?. Feel free to have one if you wish though 😂
    Last edited by RaketaObezyana; 29th October 2016, 01:52.

Comment

Originally posted by RaketaObezyana View Post
      'We' didn't agree on anything - it was an opinion or statement by you ; )

Comment

I failed to see the common sense in a campaign that says money will be taken back from the EU and spent on British people in the NHS when it's actually having to go to Japanese industrialists.

As for confidence do you think the value of the pound has crashed because people don't like the pictures on the notes?. No one wants to hold sterling.

I don't think there is an argument there of any kind?. Feel free to have one if you wish though ��
        That hasn't been confirmed, it remains a rumour. The fall in the is also good not bad. The economy is doing better, despite Brexit.

Comment

Baz,

My comment was in response to John Green. He had noted the comedic value in his response where he brought in common sense. 😊

Mycroft

Your growth was meant to be 0.7% pre vote wasn't it?. It was reset downwards after the vote to 0.3% but you managed 0.5%. You're worse off than you should have been. I'm not sure if it's quite right cheering about things not being as bad as they could have been when you're damage is all self-inflicted 😆.

You need to watch your manufacturing sector though. The last figures showed a 1.5% drop and that's with a weak pound that should be pushing your exports. You import much of the materials for the things you export. That drop is only going to continue as your costs base gets worse with tariffs. At least your prime minister has shown willingness to step into the market. Expensive precedent she's started though. Hope your economy can support the subsidies for all the other sectors who demand the same deal as the Japanese are getting.

Comment

...."can support the subsidies..."

Well, there is an excellent precedent. The French and the Germans have been doing it for years.

I would tho' appreciate access to your excellent crystal ball. It seems in far better nick than mine. GB's pursuit of independence was bound to affect traditionally nervous markets waving their collective antenna, ready to detect the slightest shift that can be held to indicate a potential money making opportunity.

As I've commented many times, it is all about confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by John Green View Post
              ...."can support the subsidies..."

Well, there is an excellent precedent. The French and the Germans have been doing it for years.

I would tho' appreciate access to your excellent crystal ball. It seems in far better nick than mine. GB's pursuit of independence was bound to affect traditionally nervous markets waving their collective antenna, ready to detect the slightest shift that can be held to indicate a potential money making opportunity.

As I've commented many times, it is all about confidence.
              It appears 17 million of your people failed to understand your point about confidence John. Perhaps you can be the one to explain it as the current trend of price rises gets worse and quality of life starts to drop.

It's further amusing that at this point you talk of French and German subsidies. Something that has strangled the French most notably for decades. At a time that you are 'breaking free' of your ties with them that you should claim to copy their worst qualities is very funny.

A cunning plan is to have no plan isn't that what was said in the House of Commons recently?. The point seems very true though spoken as joke.

Thank you for the entertainment anyway. I did read that there was a new Monty Python sketch being written for The Ministry of Silly Referendums. This might have been a joke though!.

Comment

Baz,

My comment was in response to John Green. He had noted the comedic value in his response where he brought in common sense. ��

Mycroft

Your growth was meant to be 0.7% pre vote wasn't it?. It was reset downwards after the vote to 0.3% but you managed 0.5%. You're worse off than you should have been. I'm not sure if it's quite right cheering about things not being as bad as they could have been when you're damage is all self-inflicted ��.

You need to watch your manufacturing sector though. The last figures showed a 1.5% drop and that's with a weak pound that should be pushing your exports. You import much of the materials for the things you export. That drop is only going to continue as your costs base gets worse with tariffs. At least your prime minister has shown willingness to step into the market. Expensive precedent she's started though. Hope your economy can support the subsidies for all the other sectors who demand the same deal as the Japanese are getting.
                No, the growth was below par anyway this year, but the fall in the helped it pick up and for a lot of people there are more things at stake than just the economy. A tenth or so % growth loss is a small price to pay for getting rid of the EU. How much growth did Wallonia cost countries in the EU? How much extra are millions of extra immigrants paying a small fraction of the average tax revenue costing public services? How much will one small region of the EU - like Wallonia - cost us in future trade deals? How much will future bailouts cost? How many refugees would we be allocated under EU law? You're underestimated Brexit voters if you think we care about a little expense, or even quite a lot of expense in the short term. The EU had become unpalatable and that's the reason for the vote, there is no acceptable compensation for the loss of sovereignty. We don't care how nervous markets are, they're made that way, you can't let them govern every decision.
                Last edited by Mycroft; 29th October 2016, 19:35.

Comment

......."there is no acceptable compensation...."

Precisely !

Comment

The EU has become unpalatable indeed, but only to those who are looking for scapegoats for their own inadequacy. There is sadly a mindset that will always need a scapegoat, be it immigrants, the EU or whoever. We've worked in the EU for years and have great clients there who we support without fear of undue regulation and we do great business there. EU passporting rules work well for us, as they do for many companies in our sector. However, I don't kid myself that the future looks all chipper in the post Brexit UK business world, and the new inward facing right wing UK is not somewhere I want my kids growing up. I want them to grow up with equal respect for all people, regardless of skin colour or accent. But then I guess I'm one of those liberal elite scum that the government are so vocally against these days. So, we've sold our house here, we're re-registering the company in another EU state and we're off, taking our not insignificant tax revenue to where it is appreciated. So, screw the lot of you, and thanks for all the fish.....

Comment

Well there's gratitude for you !

So that would that be 'chippie' on both shoulders then ?

Comment

I remember media images of a tour bus saying that you were going to claim back hundreds of millions a day from Europe.

The story has changed now has it?. That wasn't what you all voted for?. This keeps getting funnier.

Honestly I had to comment on the insanity of Japanese subsidies. The rest of it I'll let you make up as you see fit.

Comment

Isn't the reality of the situation that if the `stayers` are correct and that the country will go down the tubes when we leave.
                          That they had better start talking it up, being positive and making it a success otherwise your all screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mycroft View Post
                            No, the growth was below par anyway this year, but the fall in the helped it pick up and for a lot of people there are more things at stake than just the economy. A tenth or so % growth loss is a small price to pay for getting rid of the EU. How much growth did Wallonia cost countries in the EU? How much extra are millions of extra immigrants paying a small fraction of the average tax revenue costing public services? How much will one small region of the EU - like Wallonia - cost us in future trade deals? How much will future bailouts cost? How many refugees would we be allocated under EU law? You're underestimated Brexit voters if you think we care about a little expense, or even quite a lot of expense in the short term. The EU had become unpalatable and that's the reason for the vote, there is no acceptable compensation for the loss of sovereignty. We don't care how nervous markets are, they're made that way, you can't let them govern every decision.
                            This tenth of a percent we are paying as being a small loss? Let me just say it one more time - we haven't left. Nobody knows what the effect will be long term once we do actually leave. The situation is extremely fluid right now.

Neither side can make any claim based on what we have seen so far. Your glass is either half full, or half empty. Early days.

Comment

Originally posted by chippie51 View Post
                              The EU has become unpalatable indeed, but only to those who are looking for scapegoats for their own inadequacy. There is sadly a mindset that will always need a scapegoat, be it immigrants, the EU or whoever. We've worked in the EU for years and have great clients there who we support without fear of undue regulation and we do great business there. EU passporting rules work well for us, as they do for many companies in our sector. However, I don't kid myself that the future looks all chipper in the post Brexit UK business world, and the new inward facing right wing UK is not somewhere I want my kids growing up. I want them to grow up with equal respect for all people, regardless of skin colour or accent. But then I guess I'm one of those liberal elite scum that the government are so vocally against these days. So, we've sold our house here, we're re-registering the company in another EU state and we're off, taking our not insignificant tax revenue to where it is appreciated. So, screw the lot of you, and thanks for all the fish.....
                              Sorry to hear it PE. Lets have a beer before you pack the car for the final time.

Comment

I remember media images of a tour bus saying that you were going to claim back hundreds of millions a day from Europe.

The story has changed now has it?. That wasn't what you all voted for?. This keeps getting funnier.

Honestly I had to comment on the insanity of Japanese subsidies. The rest of it I'll let you make up as you see fit.
                                Hopefully you will keep on getting involved in aviation related threads in other parts of the forum Racket monkey,if you carry on in the same vein on here 'ad nauseum' it will get kinda tedious ; )
                                Last edited by bazv; 29th October 2016, 23:30.

Comment

So, you vote for Brexit, and destroy confidence in your economy in order to not have to give foreigners your money.
                                  Actually, it shows that a majority value self determination and national accountability over money. As you appear to know the cost of brexit, but not the value of it, I assume you are blind to this.

Here's a clue why many, including myself, voted leave:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-migration-ons

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-country.html

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...r-report-warns

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...orld-will.html

But sure, scream racist instead if these issues are beyond your limited comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by j_jza80 View Post
                                    Actually, it shows that a majority value self determination and national accountability over money. As you appear to know the cost of brexit, but not the value of it, I assume you are blind to this.

Here's a clue why many, including myself, voted leave:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-migration-ons

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-country.html

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...r-report-warns

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...orld-will.html

But sure, scream racist instead if these issues are beyond your limited comprehension.
                                    This gets funnier and funnier. Now you can have independence without wealth and that's what 17 million of you believe.

You were leading the world recovery. Now you are an unfathomable source of global amusement. You have a declining manufacturing sector, prices already rising and no political will to change that and fix the problems you yourselves have caused.

Your currency has crashed and it's achieved nothing of value as your exports are mostly high end items that sell on quality not price.

You will go from global power to the proudest man in the soup kitchen. The amusement will be seeing how you try and make it someone else's fault when your 17 million people realise what they've done!. The first step will be when the questions go unanswered as to why you aren't richer when you leave as you were promised. That's when the real comedy will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                                      This tenth of a percent we are paying as being a small loss? Let me just say it one more time - we haven't left. Nobody knows what the effect will be long term once we do actually leave. The situation is extremely fluid right now.

Neither side can make any claim based on what we have seen so far. Your glass is either half full, or half empty. Early days.
                                      We've paid far higher prices for sovereignty in the past. This is chump change by comparison. I only hope those members of the EU looking to impose tough conditions on the UK realise that any free stuff (benefits, education, healthcare) currently being provided to their citizens in the UK will be the first thing cut (after the EU subscription) if something needs to be as a result of their deal.

Comment

realise that any free stuff (benefits, education, healthcare) currently being provided to their citizens in the UK will be the first thing cut (after the EU subscription) if something needs to be as a result of their deal.
                                        This unfortunately shows a limited understanding of the rights of citizens from other countries who have legal residency and pay into our tax and NI systems. Bullying threats tend not to be a very effective bargaining chip if UK citizens live abroad and have similar benefits extended to them at present.
                                        Last edited by trekbuster; 30th October 2016, 10:29.

Comment

This gets funnier and funnier. Now you can have independence without wealth and that's what 17 million of you believe.

You were leading the world recovery. Now you are an unfathomable source of global amusement. You have a declining manufacturing sector, prices already rising and no political will to change that and fix the problems you yourselves have caused.

Your currency has crashed and it's achieved nothing of value as your exports are mostly high end items that sell on quality not price.

You will go from global power to the proudest man in the soup kitchen. The amusement will be seeing how you try and make it someone else's fault when your 17 million people realise what they've done!. The first step will be when the questions go unanswered as to why you aren't richer when you leave as you were promised. That's when the real comedy will begin.
                                          Many of us would gladly become poorer to try and conserve what little of our green areas we have left.

As for you, I hope you and your fellow neoliberals are content with your unimaginable wealth when your children are living in a barren concrete wasteland, devoid of all non human life.

As far as I'm concerned, you neolibs are worse than ISIS. Certainly much worse for the planet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X