Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREXIT - Merged Thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agent K
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2005

As I was saying......
    Nigel Farages party says treasurer no longer has role after making unacceptable statements

Comment

• Agent K
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • May 2005

Its almost as if hes finally admitting we do have sovereignty and power and influence in the EU after all!

Comment

• Agent K
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • May 2005

Didnt see that on the side of the bus......
        Brexit has cost the British economy 550 million a week since the referendum, a report has found. Standard & Poor's suggested that since the June 2016 vote, 3 per centhas been shaved off GDP. That equates to "forgone economic activity" of 6.6 billion in each of the 10 quarters since the referendum, or 66 billion, the credit ratings agency said.

Comment

• Bruce
          Independent analyst
          • Jan 2000

Agent K - sadly, owing to the behaviour of some of the other respondents in this thread, you are arguing with yourself.

To be clear - hate speech and anti semitic behaviour will lead to an instant ban. St.John is the latest example of this.

Bruce

Comment

• 1batfastard
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jan 2013

Hi All,
            Agent K - Do you happen to know where I can view MEP's attendance records ? I have Googled but for the main just keep getting news articles no official site comes up in the search. What I did see how ever was an article claiming that all MEP's from the UK have a bad record for voting as an example, but admittedly this was an old article so would really apreciate to see an up to date figure please.

Bruce - What do you class as hate speech apart from the obvious please as I was banned from another forum for using the term snowflake, so not wishing to go the same way on here would please give some parameters ? .....

Geoff.
            Last edited by 1batfastard; 8th April 2019, 13:12.

Comment

• Bruce
              Independent analyst
              • Jan 2000

Geoff,

I certainly wouldn't be banning anyone for use of the word 'Snowflake'

There is no issue with robust debate. Its when it crosses the line and becomes personal - so personal and/or derogatory comments relating to other people in the conversation. Also derogatory comments about race, colour, creed and so on. We should be able to have a civil conversation even when the disagreement is fundamental.

Bruce

Comment

• Bruce
                Independent analyst
                • Jan 2000

As you know, I am not a fan of posting links to other peoples words on here. However, this guy is much more eloquent than I, and raises some very important points about the subject:

https://heterocephalusgabler.wordpre...QAOsTZd0HOJXpo

Comment

• Lingo Dog
                  Rank 3 Registered User
                  • Oct 2018

Wont you join our Common Market? said the spider to the fly,
                  It really is a winner and the cost is not too high.
                  I know De Gaulle said Non, but he hadnt got a clue,
                  We want you in, my friends and I, for we have plans for you.
                  Youll have to pay a little more than we do, just for now,
                  As Herr Kohl said, and I agree, We need a new milch cow,
                  Its just a Continental term, believe me, mon ami,
                  Like Vive la France or Mad Anglais or even E.E.C.
                  As to the rules, dont worry friend, theres really but a few
                  Youll find that we ignore them but they all apply to you.
                  Give and share between us, thats what its all about.
                  You do all the giving, and we all share it out.
                  Its very British, is it not, to help a friend in need?
                  Youve done it twice in two World Wars, a fact we must concede,
                  So climb aboard the Market Train, dont sit there on the side,
                  Your Continental cousins want to take you for a ride.

If only we had listened!

Comment

• 1batfastard
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                    Bruce - That Iron Triangle is coming from a remainer so he is a bit biased in his assessment applying his projections, however in my mind he is correct IMPO I would sacrifice the schedule as the cost of divorcing from the EU is continually rising. I would rather have a good quality deal (If we are forced to have one) and to give as little to the EU as possible the scheduling would obviously be a sticking point but in the end we would get what was voted on just taking a little longer than was hoped for better than the mess we are in at the moment.

As for training the thousands more to replace thousands allegedly who will lose they're jobs, that's simple enough increase the wages and workplace treatment so to entice back those who left in their thousands in the first place. It's the main reason the money grabbing overseers got themselves in to the pickle in the first place farming out jobs instead of training the next generation etc.etc.etc.

Geoff.

Comment

• Bruce
                      Independent analyst
                      • Jan 2000

Geoff,

Yes, he voted to remain, as is quite clear from the article - but I'm glad you saw sense in his words. The trouble is that too many people already think 3 years is a long time - and are unlikely to want to wait even longer.

Regarding your latter point, increasing wages (not a bad thing in and of itself) leads to an increase in prices, which puts people back to exactly where they were. Important to remember that the producers will always take their margin and pass on increased costs. There are no easy solutions.

Bruce

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                        Rank 4 Registered User
                        • Feb 2018

Image result for london grooming gang

Image result for london grooming gang

I keep on hearing about stories like this all the time in Britain. Is the EU still imposing migrants to go to Britain. I heard Merkel is cutting down on numbers. If Britain is still on the remain side and brexit is ignored will their country by any chance cut down on migration like Merkel or no?
                        Last edited by panzerfeist1; 13th April 2019, 21:08.
                        I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

• Agent K
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • May 2005

The EU can not impose anything on Britain, yet another myth youre perpetuating Panzerfeist1 (ironic you name yourself after German hardware to have a go at Germany et al). Also I think youll find these people in the newspaper cuttings come from outside the EU!!!!!

and no British people ever carried out crime did they?!

Comment

• Bruce
                            Independent analyst
                            • Jan 2000

I'm constantly amazed at the conflation of free movement within the EU, with immigration from outside the EU, and with illegal immigrants.

Its not hard to get the facts right - but its not convenient either, when its feeding the monster.

Comment

• J Boyle
                              With malice towards none
                              • Oct 2004

Just wondering...
                              is the UK still part of the EU?

If so, has Downing street been given a bill yet for their share of rebuilding Notre Dame?

There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

• Bruce
                                Independent analyst
                                • Jan 2000

Yes it is, and please don't start that one!

They have raised more than 600m Euro so far, from industry.

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                                  Rank 4 Registered User
                                  • Feb 2018

"
                                  The EU can not impose anything on Britain, yet another myth youre perpetuating Panzerfeist1"

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...tion-1.3495070

"
                                  The EU is already suing Poland, Hungary and the
                                  Czech Republic
                                  over their refusal to accept refugees, and taking separate legal action against Poland and Hungary over reforms that allegedly undermine the rule of law."

Globalism is either way going to end up as a failure.

I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

• Agent K
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • May 2005

Originally posted by J Boyle View Post
                                    Just wondering...
                                    is the UK still part of the EU?

If so, has Downing street been given a bill yet for their share of rebuilding Notre Dame?
                                    As per usual you make very little sense and show your lack of intellect. Why would this be a EU issue? Your comment aligns with the type of anti European hatred as usually stirred up by the Daily Mail.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                    X