Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREXIT - Merged thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agent K
    Rank 5 Registered User

Whilst people try to tell me that brexit will take us to the sunny lit uplands of pre EEC membership with warm beer and Austin Allegros I invoking think the Dunkirk little ships flotilla idea to generate that spirit is taking things a bit too far....

I am aware, however, of a red bus, low mileage, clearly no longer able to be used that could carry well needed food and medical supplies
    Britain is drawing up plans to charter ships to bring in emergency food and medicines in the event of a no-deal Brexit next March, in a move greeted with disbelief at a stormy meeting of Theresa Mays cabinet on Tuesday.

Comment

• St. John
      Rank 3 Registered User

Have to say I don't understand this at all. WTO trading doesn't prevent imports coming from the EU, it doesn't even force us to place maximum tariffs on everything just because we can. So unless the EU has stated that it will cut off all exports to the UK in the event of a no deal, I have no idea what this is about at all.

Comment

• John Green
        Rank 5 Registered User

What it is about is the stoking of Project Fear. Dr. Goebels was an expert. Hopefully the people but, perhaps not the politicians, will have sufficient backbone.
        Last edited by John Green; 24th October 2018, 20:28.

Comment

• Agent K
          Rank 5 Registered User

I know, what would highly experienced global experts and business leaders in automotive, finance, aerospace, transport, health, pharmaceuticals et al know about their businesses when an army of highly experienced armchair warriors know so much more and can glibly issue the highly thought through and considered "project fear" repetitive response..........

Although that said, if I'm going for an operation I'd rather leave it to the experienced surgeon than the janitor to carry it out, similarly if travelling on an aircraft, I'd rather let the pilot fly it than the dispatcher.

Goebbels a master at propaganda had a number of thoughts that you still see in action today. He was famous for saying "

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it", reminds me of a red bus, money to the NHS, brexit dividend, we'll all be better off etc.......
          Last edited by Agent K; 25th October 2018, 07:52.

Comment

• St. John
            Rank 3 Registered User

Business leaders will protect their businesses ahead of the interests of the country. There will be winners and losers. Overall there will be more winners than losers, but that won't stop the losers complaining.

Comment

• John Green
              Rank 5 Registered User

Your list omitted the precious right of sovereignty. Include it next to 'Brexit dividend'.

Comment

• Agent K
                Rank 5 Registered User

"Business leaders will protect their businesses ahead of the interests of the country. There will be winners and losers. Overall there will be more winners than losers, but that won't stop the losers complaining"

Errrr.... yes, of course they will look after the interests of the business, it's what they're there for..... for example, arch faux brexit "supporter/self interested businessman" Dyson who is setting up manufacturing in Singapore..

Of course that is impossible for you to say, winners or losers, in the same way you dictate that anybody (even if well informed) who doesn't agree with you as being wrong. Let's face it, even farage backed down and stated he didn't claim we would be better off (which of course he had and it is captured on video) and jrm extended his immediate benefit out to at least 50 years.
                Last edited by Agent K; 25th October 2018, 13:17.

Comment

• Agent K
                  Rank 5 Registered User

I'm far from convinced that moving away from a democratic organisation where the UK had a vote, a veto, control, influence and leadership in shaping and implementing law and regulation to one where at best it would follow law and regulation created by others with no influence, and also where off-shore based (Belize and other) shadowy funds and organisations have (in cases illegal) influence over the whole spectrum, let alone the law changes to allow ministers to rewrite legislation with no recourse to parliament is what I would claim to be "getting our sovereignty back"

Comment

• St. John
                    Rank 3 Registered User

What good has having a vote and veto done us so far?

Comment

• St. John
                      Rank 3 Registered User

If I don't like the things happening in this country I want the UK people to be able to vote out the people whose policies caused those things. I do not want to have to rely on 27 other countries to vote them out and then vote in a person who will change them.

Comment

• Bradburger
                        Rank 5 Registered User

Stop possible second referendum on E.U. membership

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/226071

Not that a petition for his should be needed, but just in case.....

Cheers

Paul
                        Last edited by Bradburger; 26th October 2018, 21:25.
                        The most usless commodity in aerobatics is the amount of sky above you!

Comment

• Agent K
                          Rank 5 Registered User

Regained Parliamentary sovereignty?, is this what it looks like?
                          EU Committee writes to Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union on 23 October 2018

Comment

• Agent K
                            Rank 5 Registered User

Im sure we were told this would be the easiest deal in history?

Comment

• John Green
                              Rank 5 Registered User

I have nothing to report except yet more Project Fear - when will it all stop ?

The Business section of yesterday's D. Tel. features on the front page a not unattractive offering from Boeings latest investment in Project Fearland, formerly known as GB. Boeing have opened their first 'European' manufacturing site in Sheffield, which lies in northern Project Fearland.

This new manufacturing facility will produce components for system controls on the Boeing 737 and 767 aircraft.

AK, with your special expertise in aviation I can only apologise for adding to the sum of Project Fearland. We all understand that we can rely on you to even the score.

Comment

• St. John
                                Rank 3 Registered User

I imagine he's probably too busy to attend and I doubt the scrutiny of those committees will have any impact on proceedings anyway.

It should be the easiest deal in history but people underestimated the EU's will to cut off its nose to spite its face. They're basically using the risk of terrorism in Northern Ireland to try achieve a political objective that they will not achieve. It's basically terrorism by-proxy.

Comment

• Agent K
                                  Rank 5 Registered User

Or too stupid to understand fundamentals? Good grief even my old O Level geography taught me to understand the significance!
                                  Critics suggest the Brexit Secretary doesn't "understand the basics" after remarks about trade.

Comment

• St. John
                                    Rank 3 Registered User

Sensationalism.

Comment

• Agent K
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

Fact

Comment

• Agent K
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

Turkey crowns and cakes..... delicious.........
                                        Food companies worried about a "no-deal" Brexit are storing away supplies at warehouses, a boss says.

Comment

• John Green
                                          Rank 5 Registered User

There's an abundance of Project Fear Pie to feast on - delicious.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X