No announcement yet.

BREXIT - Merged thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If by 'project fear' you mean the reporting of facts, such as what the Bank of England predict, then yes, I suppose it does.

The whole concept of 'project fear' is a crock of crap made up by those desperate to avoid the facing of reality. You may be one of last people in the UK to realise this.
    www.whirlwindfighterproject.org
    It's all good. Probably.

Comment

A sad indictment of the modern age and not helped by the likes of the current American president. If you don't like what is being reported, even facts and truth, you block your ears and shout "Fake News" or "Project Fear" repetitively. However, as we are seeing, the truth sticks....

Comment

You mean your version.

Comment

As I said.....

Comment

Nothing to see here, FT lies, its all fine.....

https://www.ft.com/content/a3420266-...6-b25f8adaa111

Comment

Says it all really

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/874...y-claire-perry

Comment

No it doesn't, and Dowd did not forget anything. It is an excuse to quote a government minister at length in her criticism of the opposition (for opposing, apparently) by a newspaper that seizes on such 'opportunities' to present such things as political 'news'.

It does not say it all. In fact it says almost nothing, and what it does say is made up with the fragile 'get out' of using 'quotes' like those around the word 'forgets'.

Worse than sub-standard journalism.

What is happening here, for those prepared to step back and look at it, is a government expecting a disaster of their own making and preparing the ground to blame the opposition for it. The pretend newspapers are playing along, nicely 'on message' and following their central office brief.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of exit, the opposition want it made clear to everyone what May is risking with her 'no deal is better' strategy, and Perry was making out that it isn't necessary to have that kind of clarity - at the same time as calling it a serious national debate.

All this talk of 'ancient laws' being used as if it was some kind of dirty trick - all the opposition want is a report that the government are keeping secret made available for parliamentary scrutiny.

Strange that this wasn't the comic's take on things, isn't it? So no, the Express are definitely not saying it all.

And yes, it is a comic. They even CAPITALISE things that they want to EMPHASISE. It increasingly reads like a maladjusted teenager's Youtube comments.
                Last edited by Beermat; 2nd November 2017, 10:13.
                It's all good. Probably.

Comment

Is there a possibility that one day you will run out of lame excuses ?

Comment

Except that I have written no excuses, John. I think decades of reading tory scribllings has affected your powers of comprehension.

Seems to be rife amongst advocates of May's suicide squad approach.
                    Last edited by Beermat; 2nd November 2017, 12:38.
                    It's all good. Probably.

Comment

I think that if anyone has to take the blame for 'affecting my powers of comprehension' it would have to be you. I've tried - in vain, to decipher most of your comments. I'm now afflicted - please be patient.

Comment

Hearing you strength 5 and crystal clear Beermat and in agreement. If anybody really tries to take the once great Daily Express seriously, then I fear the issue doesn't lie in your musings.

Comment

Tell you what, John. I'll write it in tabloid-speak, so the hard-of-thinking can understand:

RED TROT Dowd wants MP's to see a report that makes GREAT country-boss May look like a plonker. A lady MP with great legs says no.

The DAILY W NK says "All labourites are STUPID, because the Government say so. OFFICIAL". Now watch this video of someone else saying that, which we recorded off the telly, to prove it's true.

Beermat SAVAGELY pointed this out.

Do you follow now?
                          Last edited by Beermat; 2nd November 2017, 14:43.
                          It's all good. Probably.

Comment

You forgot to mention Princess Diana Beeermat which, surely, is fundamental for the Daily Express speak???

Comment

You seem suspiciously well practiced, in a Fred Kite sort of way. Must be the 'shine' that that poly put on your education !

Comment

Was that supposed to be an insult aimed at me? It missed - and not just because I didn't attend a Polytechnic.

Frankly your borish and ill-informed snobbery is as tedious as it is anachronistic (Fred Kite? Really?)

We are still waiting to hear which particular hallowed seat of learning shaped you the way it did.
                                Last edited by Beermat; 2nd November 2017, 19:28.
                                It's all good. Probably.

Comment

Is the Daily Express still classified as a "newspaper"? thought it was the propaganda arm of Tory Central office, ah well we all live and learn, or possibly not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

More truly appalling Brexit news !!

For the eighth successive year exports to non EU nations have exceeded EU exports. This year the percent increase is 8.3%. Just 2.8% increase went to the EU.

Source: ONS

Comment

But if course 8.3% on a minority amount vs. 2.8% of a majority amount isn't quite so noteworthy.....

....and also these exports will have been made through the EU trade framework, and despite promises made by DD and the floundering brexit negotiators not one deal has been negotiated with any country, so once the UK leaves the EU, WTO rules will apply which I suspect will severely impact that currently minority trade anyway.

Not quite so rosy as that story may appear to the simpler amongst us.....

Comment

No, but all going in the 'right' direction !

Comment

A view expressed by the captain of the Titanic, before the iceberg got in the way.

Comment

Working...
                                          X