Strictly Come Prancing

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

Anyone on here a fan ? I know that on this and most other forums I have little credibility and that after this outburst of desperation, I'll have even less but, who cares.

I'm a fan of the sparkly sequin. I love the torrid tango; the quixotic quickstep; the whirly waltz and so on. I've watched every year for the last umpteen years and still the schmaltz, the glitter, the lovey-dovey hypocrisy and the temptation to launch a pre-emptive strike against the unlikely named Craig Revell - Horwood is unabated.

My mother taught me to dance (strict tempo) when I was a lad of about twelve. The liking for the discipline has remained with me. Strictly is of course more about show biz than dancing.

Len Goodman, to his credit, is apparently a strict tempo enthusiast who's not too enthused about the improvisation masquerading as choreography. I agree.

The girls tho' are something else. Long legged lovelies, heaving bosoms and as fit as fleas. Yummy !

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Never seen it. Doesn't look like it's my sort of thing.

Moggy

Member for

11 years 6 months

Judging by the shriekingly ecstatic screams from both presenters and audience and thumping music emanating from the adjacent room I suspect Mrs CH is enduring it as I type!!;)

Member for

12 years 10 months

Was taught it as a schoolboy including folk, dance, song, Morris and would you believe opera singing. Won some dubious prizes I am told.

Over 50 years later, the management is still captivated by strictly, but me; I currently select between Planet Rock, Gold or Classic FM as I stare at this one eyed monster, (computer!)

Member for

11 years 11 months

It's pretty much the only thing we watch as a family, kids like to dance to it tho the lad looks like he's doing the funky gibbon rather than a jive,missus loves it and I can be tempted to peruse the lovely ladies, I will also admit a sneaking admiration for someone who can really cut a rug when it took the mob 6 weeks to teach me to just about keep pace and not tick tock.

Member for

14 years 5 months

Charlie, that's what puts me off this, the x-factory and Britain's not Talented - as well as Graham Norton and similar chat/movie plug shows. It's the shrieking audience, like four Olympuses at full whack, who seem to get worked up onto a Beatlemania frenzy every few minutes at nothing in particular.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Indeed BM, you do wonder what emotional expression they have left for a REALLY exciting and awe inspiring experience rather than the pumped up frenzy for C list celebrities making exhibitions of themselves.

Member for

14 years 1 month

I took some ballroom dancing lessons back in the 70's, as my then girlfriend was a good dancer.
I can't watch these programmes though. Too many people famous for being famous.

Ch4 was a much better choice on Sunday night,

Member for

11 years 6 months

Indeed - Ch4 followed by BBC4( Quite the BBC's best channel broadcasting what BBC2 used to until it started rating chasing!).

Member for

17 years 11 months

I love it. The live band, the costumes, the sheer professionalism and skill shown in the dessmaking and the routines-absolute magic.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I like it because it keeps 'celebrities.' who otherwise wouldn't have a job off the dole!

Well done BBC