So how does this work?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 1 month

A Syrian migrant/refugee/terrorist has a boat ride to Europe and then is processed and heads for a EU Country with some sort of documentation.
I understands that gives him or her the right to stay here. Is that correct?

Does that then entitle them to a EU Passport?

If it does can they come to the UK with said passport or can we turn them round and kick them straight out?

Ideas or UK law on this please.

Original post

Member for

11 years 7 months

I am not aware that an EU passport exists. The EU is not yet a sovereign state, much as it tries to pretend it is.

Member for

13 years 10 months

I assume Paul, that when you state "Some sort of documentation", you mean a Passport from their own Country?. If so, they wouldn't need any other Passport, as it would give them dual Nationality,But as Chas stated, E.U. Passports don't yet exist. God forbid when they do however.

Jim
Lincoln .7

Member for

24 years 4 months

A Syrian citizen (or terrorist) holding a Syrian passport can enter the UK direct, or via the rest of Europe, only by applying for a visa

Moggy

Member for

11 years 7 months

Don't worry, Linc - you and I will never see that day, neither will our grandchildren!!;)

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 3 months

Hi All,
What I cannot get my head around is that all the time we have observed the media reporting on the refugee crisis and the migrant crisis as a whole it is widely reported that they have no ID so how all of a sudden do these people know where whoever comes from ? (Please correct if wrong)

Geoff.

Member for

17 years 3 months

once a migrant has obtained a passport from an EU country then under EU rules they have the right to free travel to other EU countries. As an example of this I work in a very multicultural city in Yorkshire and in the past week I have had at my desk 'citizens' of Norway, Italy, Sweden, Spain and Germany all of whom were born in the Middle East. Unfortunately once all the migrants are processed in an EU country and get their papers then they are free to travel where they wish.

Member for

13 years 10 months

OH, phil 103. YOUR the one we have to blame for all the influx of said illegal/legals. Go sit on the naughty step for a thousand years, or until you refuse all of them entry.

Jim
Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years 1 month

Sorry for the confusion,yes I meant a EU Country. The quicker we leave the better(along with the dross that has pitched up here!)

Member for

17 years 3 months

Haha Lincoln 7 if only I could be the person refusing entry. Unfortunately I'm just in a bank trying to find excuses not to open their accounts for them.