Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Mail site Hacked???

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scramble Bill
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Sep 2003

Daily Mail site Hacked???

Yes, I admit I do look at their news site.

On it today when I suddenly got a full screen warning from my Norton Anti Virus, concerning 'Angler Exploit'.......I am not very technically minded when it comes to Computers, Viruses, etc...but I have heard of this particular piece of nastiness...the warning said 'EXIT NOW'.....with a 'button' to click on so, without thinking, I clicked....REALLY HOPE THIS WASNT A KIND OF DOUBLE BLUFF AND A GENUINE WARNING......anyone else had similar???.
    Have done a full scan and used their 'Deep scan' thingy which hasn't shown any problems...FINGERS CROSSED.

IF IT IS A GENUINE WARNING, THEN I CAN ONLY CONCLUDE THE MAIL SITE IS COMPROMISED.
  • Meddle
    Rank Bajin.
    • Sep 2014

Not sure about hacked websites, but I think your shift key is broken!

Comment

• Scramble Bill
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Sep 2003

Apologies.

Comment

• Moggy C
        • Jan 2000

I read the title of the thread and assumed you had found an article in The Mail that was accurate.

Moggy
        "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• John Green
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Mar 2011

That would be a very reasonable and entirely understandable assumption to make with respect to that model of excellence; the Daily Mail.

Comment

• hampden98
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Sep 2009

Best to do a virus scan.
            Angler Exploit attempts to take over your PC by exploiting security holes (if you have any).
            It could be as benign as redirecting you to an advert or something more sinister. Most of the time they are just annoyances.

Comment

• Meddle
              Rank Bajin.
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by John Green View Post
              That would be a very reasonable and entirely understandable assumption to make with respect to that model of excellence; the Daily Mail.
              Q) How do you know when the floors in your house are level?

A) When John Green is drooling out of both sides of his mouth.

I jest. I jest.

Comment

• John Green
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Mar 2011

Never mind drooling out of both sides of my mouth the only time apart from sex when I drool all over is when you frequently get your comeuppance especially when you try to show off your aviation expertise.

Comment

• Meddle
                  Rank Bajin.
                  • Sep 2014

Thanks for that mental image. Drooling during or post coitus is not healthy. Were you having a stroke at the time?

I don't think I ever claim expertise in any aviation-related field! As mentioned before, I don't fly, I cannot fly and I'm really only interested in a fairly small corner of historic aviation. I like watching historic aircraft performing at airshows, but I fail to give a shiny ****e about paint scheme, engine types or other matters that some seem to obsess over on here. I don't recall ever getting my 'comeuppance' on here, or if I did I didn't notice. Point me in the direction of such claims, though I imagine your love of right wing gutter press means you are slightly adversed to taking an evidence-based approach to anything.

Comment

• John Green
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Mar 2011

There's not much 'evidence' attached to your rants whether 'adversed' or averse.

Comment

• trekbuster
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Moggy C View Post
                      I read the title of the thread and assumed you had found an article in The Mail that was accurate.

Moggy
                      Was it 1967 or 1968 that this occurred? Can't remember.

No I tell a lie it was 14th February 1997.
                      Last edited by trekbuster; 12th October 2015, 16:19.

Comment

• Scramble Bill
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Sep 2003

According to article in 'TECH' on BBC News sight, there HAVE been problems on Daily Mail sight....my Aunty Virus was right! and it looks like I had a lucky escape??......................?................... THIS TIME.................or did I?......................DAMN YOU SHIFT KEY.... Get a grip for goodness sake!...................................

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                        X