Receiving ITV4 ??

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

Does anyone know the secret to obtaining this station ? I'd settled down to watch France v Rumania this evening and couldn't tune to ITV4.

Had no trouble in the past.

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

Works ok here John channel 120 HD

Member for

17 years 6 months

Also plus1 at 8:30 on 206

Member for

13 years

Tony,

Just tried both stations - no joy. 120 reverts to 90 and 206 nothing. I've recalibrated what's available several times.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Its working on Freeview Ch24

Brian

Member for

13 years

Not on either of my teles. If I select 24 it reverts to 23 !

Member for

13 years

I think Moggy has cracked it!

Member for

14 years 1 month

I think Moggy has cracked it!

Vandal !!

Member for

13 years

Well, I'm at my wits end. Did another scan but, no joy. Possibly due to a 'blocked' postcode ?

Member for

13 years

Have you tried the help and advice line?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Watch online?

Moggy

Member for

13 years

Tony,

Thanks for those links. The 'Now TV box' looks the way to go and the explanation and review even I could understand. Looks like a visit - deep joy - to my local friendly Curry's beckons. I'll let you know.

Paul.

One of my first moves was to Google 'can't get ITV4'. Some of the comments went back to 2007 ! I followed various bits of advice but got nowhere. One thing I did remember from somewhere was that HD Ready which describes my TVs doesn't mean I'm receiving HD unless you're connected thru' a Freeview box.

Moggy,

Yes. With this in mind, I enrolled with ITVplayer and BBCplayer. So far as rugby is concerned I can only view after the event which in some cases is ok. Perhaps there is another level of service which is available realtime. The drawback with this system is the size of the screen and therefore the picture.

Thanks chaps for all your helpful suggestions. I'm really not up to speed with whats available.

Member for

11 years 6 months

That's odd, John. I have been watching a lot of the rugger live on ITV Player.....

Member for

13 years

Charlie,

I'm sure I'm accessing only 'catch up'. Somehow I've missed 'realtime'.

Tony

Many thanks again for these other links.

Member for

13 years

Have you sorted this yet John?

Member for

13 years

Paul, yes, thank you. As of yesterday evening. ITV4 via Namibia v Tonga burst lifelike onto my TV !

Now for a confession. If this invites the forums collective scorn then it is no more than I deserve. I was invited to give a witness statement at my local version of the Star Chamber aka Mrs. G.

I've laboured under many delusions in my varied life but, none it appears as delusional as the belief that I, at some time in the past, had bought a Freeview box which, at the insistence of Mrs. G and upon examination, proved to be a DVD box.

I did comment earlier that I really wasn't up to speed !

The shame was too much. Glueing on a false beard and waiting till after dark, I shot off to Tesco and bought a Freeview after carefully checking what it said on the box.

Bingo, in business tho' I note that the High Definition bit seems to be absent. My TV is marked 'HD Ready'.

Do not tell me I've bought the wrong TV.

Member for

17 years 6 months

ITV4 has a HD and normal channel, u watching the correct one, and are you plugged into the TV via a HD lead (HDMI) or a DVI lead, the DVI carries picture only the HDMI carries picture and sound.