Star Wars Aftermath....

Read the forum code of contact

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Any Star Wars fans here ? and have you received your Aftermath book yet ? the first in the trilogy of books from Chuck Wendig that deals with the time line between ROTJ to the new film The Force Awakens that opens this Dec. I have cant wait to get started.....:cool:

Geoff.

Original post

Member for

14 years 1 month

Am I the only person never to have watched a complete stars wars film ?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well up to this week John Humphrys (BBC Radio 4 - Today programme) hadn't.

I don't think it was ever made compulsory.

Moggy

Member for

14 years 1 month

They certainly seem to be going overboard with the promotion.
I'm more of a trekkie myself :)

Member for

11 years 6 months

Nor have I Alan, but I did watch Startrek on TV prior to Patrick Stewart taking over....wall to wall publicity is the norm for big budget films now.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Am I the only person never to have watched a complete stars wars film ?

I have never watched a complete Star Wars film - nor have I seen a single minute of 'Game of Thrones'
Do I qualify as a sad loser ?

Member for

17 years 6 months

They certainly seem to be going overboard with the promotion.

Well, I think Disney have got to earn $4billion, plus interest, from the franchise before they break-even!

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
CD,
The new film is the first of three in a new trilogy+, along with spin off films. From just fans reaction Dsiney will recoup their expenditure and more as the whole Star Wars franchise takes off again. From many fans young and old the reaction has been positive to 'The Force Awakens' this is the true follow on from the original trilogy as the prequels many feel came short of the mark.

As it is it's breaking all sorts of Box Office records just as an example online pre order tickets for any opening film the highest was $25million, this film has blown that away $150million+

Geoff.

Member for

17 years 6 months

I hope it isn't just 'hype'!

I'm pretty nostalgic about the 'first' three films but was too 'grown up' by the time the next three came out; statistics for pre-ordering of tickets is no guarantee that the film will be any good but I'll definitely go see it...

...I have to.....my brother worked on it!

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
CD,
Those lucky enough to have advanced viewing and from the fans in general since it opened on general release have been very positive, with most saying definitely back and on the right road again. Tell your brother no matter how big or small his part played within working on the movie he has added to Star Wars history. He should be very proud of himself just as you should as this is history in the making and we shall in all likelihood never see the same anticipation surrounding a film franchise ever again..

As for being to grown up why ? You have not given your enthusiasm for aviation have you so what's the difference ? You don't grow out of things you liked do you I never have, I have stopped doing stuff I did when I was a kid but that is different your never to old to carry on with what you liked whenever. Just do what you want and to hell with what anybody else thinks! As an example plenty of people think all us on here are anoraks etc.etc. Or is it you who finds it embarrassing ? You shouldn't let it bother you. Being embarrassed about what you like it's your life you get one shot at it and so long as your not affecting others in a negative way what's the harm......;)

Geoff.