Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes Bassist Has Paassed away.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1batfastard
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2013

Yes Bassist Has Paassed away.

Hi All,
    I am surprised this has not been mentioned the Original Bassist that co-founded the Prog-Rock group YES passed away 28/06 while battling Leukaemia, it came out of the blue as he had only just returned to his Phoenix home to have treatment for it an absolute shock to all.

RIP MR SQUIRE.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 30th June 2015, 08:52.
  • Meddle
    Rank Bajin.
    • Sep 2014

I was very saddened to hear this. 67 seems much to young, especially for such a larger than life character. A consummate musician who gave the bass guitar an authoritative voice and moved it away from the dull secondary role typical of most '60s music. Chris treated his Rickenbacker like a chamber instrument, and I cannot see how Yes will be able to continue without him.

Comment

• 1batfastard
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2013

Hi All,
      Meddle,
      Have watched the 2004 acoustic set (Below) yet ? If you haven't you should his bass playing is superb...

Geoff.

Comment

• Bob
        Bob
        Aerophile
        • Jan 2000

Picked this news up 29/6/15 - promptly stuck his solo album "Fish Out Of Water" on - early Yes albums were a big part of my 'life soundtrack'.

Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

• Meddle
          Rank Bajin.
          • Sep 2014

Fish Out of Water is a good record; lots of strident orchestration with the bass guitar high in the mix. Mel Collins and Bill Bruford are nice additions to the backing band, and Squire's lyrics are a pleasant change to Jon Anderson's impenetrable writing.

Thanks for the heads up, 1batfastard. I've seen bits and pieces of the acoustic Yes material, but I tend to view it the same way as the orchestral Yes material. For me, the solid Yes albums are with Eddie Offord sitting behind the mixing desk.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
          X