Topper Gear

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sitting in a traffic queue yesterday (caused by a rather nasty shunt on the A14) I whiled away the time thinking about a replacement for Top Gear.

The name is easy, it would be called Topper Gear so that the sort of person who signs Clarkson petitions will be able to understand what the programme is, and might switch away from Dave for an hour or so to give it a go.

Lead presenter Suzi Perry. OK she's an ageing ladette, but she has a lot going for her.

Anything that needs driving, Plato and Needell - nobody better and they have good chemistry

All the rest of the everyday stuff James May and Richard Ayoade as a duo.

William Woollard doing historics (if he is still with us)

Jason Dawe on the industry / trade and used car market.

Guy Martin doing bikes.

Alternative suggestions welcomed.

Moggy

Original post

Member for

13 years 9 months

How about "Petrol Heads" ?. Covers everything really about cars, old and modern. May to head up the program, Tiff, well, he has a voice that sounds if his vocal chords need an M.O.T.. I would like to see a retired well known, good F1 driver to put the modern cars through their paces, and that really is all they need.
.Jim
Lincoln .7

Member for

24 years 2 months

Why an F1 driver? Plato as a saloon car champion is surely much better suited?

Member for

13 years 9 months

F1 driver because he would be better IMHO in driving the Super Cars, AND saloon cars. However, that's just my opinion.
I just want to see cars , as I have stated before, that I will never see in the "Flesh" so as to speak, Lambos, Veyron, Zonda. . The sooner Auntie Beeb gets her finger out of her "6" the better, and gets a new formatted program, the better.
I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

24 years 2 months

Think you just about described "Fifth Gear" in your opening post!.....

Member for

11 years 5 months

My thought too on reading this thread. And we know what happened to Fifth Gear......;) Forget it, BBC, think of a something new, use the collective imaginations of your vast array of producers and directors. What's Alan Yentob for, anyway.....? I suppose all we'll end up with will be Strictly Come Driving or The Great British Drive Off!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Think you just about described "Fifth Gear" in your opening post!.....

Only Plato and Needell from Fifth Gear

Suzi is the F1 commentator

May, Woollard and Dawe were Top Gear

Ayoade is Gadget Man

Member for

24 years 2 months

I did say "just about"...

Member for

17 years 6 months

I'd like to see a line-up of Jodie Kidd, Sabine Schmitz, Myleene Klass, Joss Stone and...

...er.....sorry, what were we talking about? :love-struck: