Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIX NATIONS

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charliehunt
    Nearly there!
    • Oct 2012

Quite agree although I thought the first game was very unbalanced and against Italy without Parisse probably no great surprise. But the other two - stunning!

John - I think two of my most enjoyable Twickenham experiences were against France in amongst French spectators, one of which we won the other lost. But great atmosphere and camaraderie at the end. And a group of us with the French went to celebrate together. Soccer? I don't think so.....
    Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Comment

• John Green
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Mar 2011

Between now and the start of the World Cup on Sept. 18th a number of Internationals are to be played:

Ireland v Barbarians May 28th

England v Barbarians May 31

Wales v Ireland Aug. 8

England v France Aug 15

France v England Aug. 22

Ireland v Wales Aug 29

Fance v Scotland Sept. 4

England v Ireland Sept. 5

Sept. 18 Rugby World cup begins.

Comment

• John Green
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Mar 2011

Ian Ritchie, Chairman of the RFU has commented on England's performance in the Six Nations. He says that they underperformed in not winning the title.

I disagree. No one within earshot of me or the people that I was with heard anything but positive comments about England's performance in beating the French - well, what else would you expect ?

My interpretation is that England winning the match was far more important than a Six Nations title. I'm aware that perhaps winning titles increases marketability but, win or lose, you're preaching to the converted so, in terms of bottoms on seats it doesn't much matter anyway.

Comment

• John Green
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Mar 2011

Courtesy of No.1. son, off to Twickenham to-day - England v Wales, for what should be quite a contest. Weather looks to be kind. Hope I can find somewhere to park.

Comment

• John Green
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Mar 2011

A sublime day - weather superb, crowd in good form. Pity about the rugger. Best that can be said: England; a work still in progress - hopefully. The Welsh, as always tough and uncompromising, were unlucky, they ran out of time.

Comment

• John Green
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Mar 2011

Glory be ! Hallelujah!

England made it - the Grand Slam that is. France walloped 31 - 21. See-saw game. All thru' the tournament the French have played with lead in their boots. The minute England arrives on the horizon they play like demented berserkers.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
              X