Nigel rises again- Is this the second coming?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 11 months

Without - I hope - tempting fate, is this day, the day that Nigel and UKIP take their first confident steps on the path to Government ?

It seems likely - without making oneself a hostage to fortune - that UKIP will sweep the board at Rochester. An emphatic win might well result in a trickle of Tory defectors to the UKIP machine. That trickle could become a stream, resulting in a seismic shift in British politics.

Almost too delicious to contemplate ! Can you imagine the gnashing of left wing teeth ? The first step in releasing our country from EU serfdom.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

The first step in releasing our country from EU serfdom would be a popular referendum.

Now let's think... Which party, if elected, will give us the referendum?

Moggy

Member for

12 years 11 months

If enough people vote for them - UKIP

It won't be Dave, he can't be trusted in any direction ! He has form.

Member for

11 years 5 months

If enough people vote for them - UKIP

Which of course ain't gonna happen - as we all know!

Member for

10 years 7 months

Without - I hope - tempting fate, is this day, the day that Nigel and UKIP take their first confident steps on the path to Government ?

Sounds a little like my sister back in the days when she was apparently going to be Mrs Simon Le Bon; if only she knew then that she never would, but instead marry a railway manager from Braintree...

Yes, as the old saying goes: if wishes were horses, beggars would ride. English beggars, obviously. We don't want none of your foreign beggars around here, thank you.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Lucky escape for your sister I'd surmise?

Moggy

Member for

11 years 5 months

The rock industry's loss was Network Rail's gain!

Member for

12 years 11 months

Not if you look at the performance of the railways. I can't think that she was actually responsible.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Passenger miles on the British railway network have all but doubled in the last twenty years after remaining more or less stable from 1950. So maybe she has contributed.

When did they marry Charlie?

Moggy

Member for

12 years 11 months

Now let's think... Which party, if elected, will give us the referendum?

Seeing as it's their only policy, that would be UKIP. :D

ALL of the other main parties have previously promised referendums and not delivered. Why should we believe them now?

I REALLY hope UKIP win with a total landslide, just to show those in Westminster that their time of false promises, reckless spending (no pun intended) and 'rubber stamping' ever more devolution of powers to foreign governments is over.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Moggy - pass. That's a question for Snafu.

Jaz - just the thought of that fills me with deep anxiety. That a party with few policies which make any realistic sense actually being given the levers of power makes a mockery of the electorate who voted for them.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Charlie,

Let me sooth your anxiety. If, in the worst possible case, UKIP find themselves in Parliament with a clear majority but no particular other policies apart from our removal from the EU's embrace, the country will continue to function exactly as before - seamlessly.

Eventually and in good time - the best possible way, UKIPs policies will slide into place. I have two suggestions for Nigel:

A new Cabinet post : A Minister For Priorities

A new peoples lottery, the proceeds to go to defence procurement plus of course, the usual contributions from taxation.

Member for

14 years 7 months

A quote from the Guardian, just after the first party leaders debate prior to the 2010 General Election:

"Nick Clegg has surged into contention as a potential prime minister, according to a Guardian/ICM poll carried out following last night's TV leaders' debate.
A quarter of voters who watched the three leaders on the ITV programme say they will switch their vote, with most changing to theLiberal Democrats."

And from the Telegraph....

"Exploiting his equal billing with the two main party leaders,*Mr Clegg presented himself as the voice of “fairness” and challenged his rivals to be honest with the public. His tactics appeared to have paid off with three separate polls putting Mr Clegg far ahead of Mr Cameron and Mr Brown."

Come 2019, it will be interesting to re-read some of this year's articles...

Member for

11 years 5 months

John

Rather than soothing any anxieties your first paragraph confirms them irrevocably. And this from one of UKIP's strongest supporters displays no more than blind faith in a deeply lost cause.

Mahone - I hope one of the things a new government does is to repeal the fixed Parliamentary term legislation.

Member for

9 years 6 months

Charlie,

Let me sooth your anxiety. If, in the worst possible case, UKIP find themselves in Parliament with a clear majority but no particular other policies apart from our removal from the EU's embrace, the country will continue to function exactly as before - seamlessly.

Eventually and in good time - the best possible way, UKIPs policies will slide into place.

The SNP said exactly the same thing and it was dismissed as porridge gargle, probably by 'your lot'.

Member for

12 years 11 months

To all the many UKIP supporters on this forum, now is not the time for unbridled triumphalism but instead, quiet satisfaction at a job done exceedingly well.

I expect UKIP to win the next three or four by-elections that may occur as a consequence of that number of Tory MPs switching their allegiance.

The first but necessary step towards our political disentanglement from continental affairs.

Raise your glass to Nigel.

Member for

11 years 5 months

I trust you have become a member John, as confirmation of your unbridled enthusiasm!!

Member for

14 years

To all the many UKIP supporters on this forum, now is not the time for unbridled triumphalism but instead, quiet satisfaction at a job done exceedingly well.

I expect UKIP to win the next three or four by-elections that may occur as a consequence of that number of Tory MPs switching their allegiance.

The first but necessary step towards our political disentanglement from continental affairs.

Raise your glass to Nigel.

This is despite the media in general, being anti-UKIP.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Re 18 & 17

As the wind of change becomes a gale, so will the media change. But, yes, I do agree, they are anti UKIP. I do not include the Guardian because they aren't really 'the media'.

Not yet Charlie but I'm working on it !

Member for

11 years 5 months

I am genuinely surprised you are only "working on it". Surely all you have to do is fill in the form and send a nice donation!! Does your hesitancy imply a lingering doubt.....?

Member for

9 years 6 months

I am genuinely surprised you are only "working on it". Surely all you have to do is fill in the form and send a nice donation!! Does your hesitancy imply a lingering doubt.....?

Probably bedridden.