No single adults allowed

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 8 months

A warning for some on this forum.

Single adults banned from park - in case they are a paedophile

A bird enthusiast made a 25-mile trip to see a falconry display at a family leisure park only to be told that single adults are banned – for fear of paedophiles.

Married man Matthew Richards, 54, a father of three grown-up children, was staggered by the rule at award-winning Puxton Park, a family-orientated leisure attraction near Weston-super-Mare.

Mr Richards, who also has three grandchildren, had previously visited the park with his family to admire the birds of prey.

But when he returned on Thursday hoping to watch another falconry display he was told he couldn't be admitted as a single man, on child protection grounds.

Puxton Park claimed the rule, which is explained in the small print on its website, was "in line with all other parks".

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Single-adults-banned-park-case-paedophile/story-24477493-detail/story.html

Now imagine that this rule was in place at aeroplane museums...;o)

Original post

Member for

11 years 6 months

When I hear of the sheer dim idiocy of stories like these I despair for the lack of intelligence endowed to those who are empowered to make these decisions!:(

Member for

14 years 1 month

"....He was told he couldn't be admitted as a single man...."

I would have though that in itself was illegal ?, as it would need to apply to women as well.

How utterly stupid.

Member for

16 years 3 months

Another fine example of the lunatics running the asylum.... Makes no sense whatever....

Alan........If you read their "small print" they do also exclude single women. Still seems like totally unreasoable discrimination.

PM

Member for

15 years 10 months

A warning for some on this forum.

Now imagine that this rule was in place at aeroplane museums...;o)

Ah, aircraft museums, as some wag once pointed out, the only place where no one bats an eyelid when you take a camera into the toilets!

Member for

11 years 6 months

Don't shout too loud lest some zealous pea-brained "official" sees the opportunity for new restrictions to be enplaced!!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

At least Fred & Rose West, Ian Brady & Myra Hindley would be welcome with open arms.

Good thinking.

Moggy

Member for

19 years 5 months

Ah, aircraft museums, as some wag once pointed out, the only place where no one bats an eyelid when you take a camera into the toilets!

Train fans make us look hip in comparison.
Yes, we may be nerds, but we're not THAT bad.

I've always assumed most train enthusiasts should be banned from playgrounds...:) :0 :)
NOTE: The above is a joke...don't report me to the UN, EU, County Council, H&S or PC police.

Member for

13 years

Perhaps someone should award them an entry on TripAdvisor. That'll make them change their ways.

Member for

17 years 6 months

I hope he sues them, that has got to be breaking several laws from discrimination through to human rights.. As a single guy one sees it as an insidious attack on our freedoms.. What next? Not allowed to walk down the road on our own, sit on a bus, train, plane 3 rows from any child? As said by moggy the majority of the people jailed appeared to have been married... It's like banning all DJ's because of Jimmy Saville.

Member for

17 years 6 months

John, just checked, he has... Stupid thing is you could meet a total stranger at the gate and walk in with her or him, they do not know you are not a couple, I wonder how they would deal with two men or women turning up that are gay, stupidity isn't it.

Member for

16 years 3 months

It is to be hoped the "PC brigade" pursue this "family leisure park" with as much vigour as they did the hotel keepers who elected not to let a room to a same sex couple. My feeling is they probably won't. Fear it will turn out to a case of one law for single folk and another for homosexuals.

PM

Member for

11 years 6 months

I fear you are right!

Member for

10 years 8 months

"....He was told he couldn't be admitted as a single man...."

I would have though that in itself was illegal ?, as it would need to apply to women as well.

...it does - as already mentioned - which was why I didn't put 'single man' in the title.

So, does anyone know of other sites that apply such rules?

Member for

14 years 1 month

...it does - as already mentioned - which was why I didn't put 'single man' in the title.

So, does anyone know of other sites that apply such rules?

Yes I saw that, once I read the article, rather than the original quote :)

Member for

17 years 6 months

I think it is a good idea; just think how much serious crime could be prevented if this initiative was extended?

All those that carried out the suicide bombings in London were young Asian men; this is a far better correlation for convicted pedophiles so naturally young Asian men should be banned from all such venues on anti-terrorism grounds. Actually thinking about it there was that other incident where the terrorist murderers were black; probably best if we were to ban all black men too...

...oh, and I can think of two high-profile murders, one involving a child victim and one involving an Asian victim, that were perpetrated by Eastern European men, so we'd better add them to the banned list...

...oh, and let's not forget children who abduct and murder other children, or children who murder adults...

...and we're surely not going to let Catholic priests in are we..?

...oh, and what about all that 'grooming' by Asian men that goes on up-North.....no, Asian men already banned...

...but that was only young Asian men.....better just ban all Asian men to be on the safe side!

Member for

9 years 7 months

You do have to wonder if they would stop a single Asian man from entering the same park. Probably not. Likewise, you are ignoring a lot of history if you think that women are incapable of cruelty towards children, extending as far as paedophile acts.

Then again, I remember the 2012 London Olympics for the gaggle of female presenters lusting after Tom Daley's then 18 year old body. Imagine if it were the other way round, and male presenters made off-colour remarks about 18 year old female divers. That wouldn't have worked out so well.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Fortunately I missed the the lusting after Tom Daley - but how ironic given that he is openly homosexual.:o

Member for

9 years 7 months

I think he is bi-sexual, but given that he had Clare Balding commenting on my abdominals for days on end...

Member for

11 years 6 months

Two of a pair then.......

Member for

14 years 1 month

........Likewise, you are ignoring a lot of history if you think that women are incapable of cruelty towards children, extending as far as paedophile acts.

Yes I think the figure is roughly 50/50 men/women. Maybe why they are not allowing single women either.

You would have thought though, that all children would be supervised. Either by parents or school teachers ?
Perhaps they should have said that children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. There couldn't
have been any argument with that. Except from those maybe, that allow their little darlings to run riot and
annoy everyone else apart from them.