Jeremy Clarkson Strikes Again

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 8 months

Allegedly thrown out of Argentina for driving a Porsche with the "coincidental" registration mark of "H982 FKL...."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/11137879/Jeremy-Clarkson-stoned-as-Top-Gear-crew-abandon-cars-and-flee-Argentina.html

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Most here know my opinions on Clarkson.

But this story did make me smile.

Moggy

Member for

17 years 6 months

BLOODY HELL!!! 'H982 FKL'!!!

How utterly offensive! If you change the 'H' to a '1' it reads '1982'...

...then all you've got to do is add an 'a', an 'l', another 'a', an 'n', a 'd' and an 's' and you've.....got.....er?

Member for

17 years 6 months

Allegedly thrown out of Argentina for driving a Porsche with the "coincidental" registration mark of "H982 FKL...."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/11137879/Jeremy-Clarkson-stoned-as-Top-Gear-crew-abandon-cars-and-flee-Argentina.html

'Local councillor Juan Manuel Romano said the digits 269 on the number plate of the Ford Mustang Mustang Richard Hammond was driving were close to the 255 Britons killed during the 1982 war.'

Argentina, a country where 269=255...

...no wonder they keep defaulting on their loans! :rolleyes:

Member for

14 years 8 months

Yep; They must like their word games in Argentina. Wonder if they show "Countdown" over there?

Member for

11 years 6 months

Whether you are a fan or not few could find this story anything other than one which makes he Argentinians look utter fools. In fact the more detail of the story which comes to light the more it becomes a Python-like sketch. Mind you the Argentine is now such a basket case of a nation it needs some petty distractions!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sounds like it was the actual film crew that got stoned driving the cars - the three amigos had flown out earlier.

I suspect it has been blown up out of all proportion by the Argies - good job a monkey wasn't driving - they may have hung it as a spy...

Member for

15 years 3 months

The Argies should have been just as p*ssed in 1982, they might have had a better result.

I admire Ckarkson. A poke in the eye to the political correct wombles.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Yes, I almost look forward to the next charge of wanton provocation to be fabricated out of nothing. At times he can be irritating but is often a breath of frest air amid the po-faced authordoxies of modern life. Satire has been dead for years so we need something to brighten our days!;)

Member for

15 years 10 months

I would hope the Argentinians had better things to worry about than a car registration...get a life.

Member for

13 years

As Garry says also there is a fat drug taking football player who is their hero(Maradona "hand of God) for those who don't remember 1986)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Using the DVLA vehicle search - found this for H982 FKL....

Vehicle details

Vehicle make PORSCHE
Date of first registration 30 May 1991
Year of manufacture 1991
Cylinder capacity (cc) 4957cc
CO₂Emissions Not available
Fuel type PETROL
Export marker No
Vehicle status Tax not due
Vehicle colour GREY
Vehicle type approval Not available

✔ Taxed - Expires: 01 May 2015
✔ MOT - Expires: 06 June 2015

Member for

11 years 6 months

Well researched, Bob, but I don't think any of us needed further convincing of the moronic Argentinian over-reaction.

Member for

24 years 3 months

No, but just to hopefully lay to rest any accusations that it was a deliberate "stir-up-the-Argies-for-a-giggle" move by Clarkson & Co.
The other two vehicles in the programme both have genuine plates - the Lotus manufactured/first registered in 1996 and the Mustang, while manufactured in 1971, was first registered in 2014. So, allegations they were references to the numbers of service personnel killed can probably also be discounted as ramblings of conspiracy theorists and underhand machinations by government agent provocateurs!!!

Member for

11 years 6 months

Indeed - utter bilge from beginning to end confirming the pathetic obsession many Argies harbour about the FALKLAND ISLANDS. Their excuse for a president Mrs Kirchner does them no favours either.

Member for

13 years

I agree with all the above. I wonder if they will do a road trip from Iraq to Syria next?

Member for

11 years 6 months

That would be - err.....challenging!;) Jeremy would certainly have to chose his words carefully..........

Member for

10 years 8 months

Most here know my opinions on Clarkson.

Indeed, me too, yet while I hate to drag myself into a Top Gear thread...for what reason did they feel the need to ship three old cars (presumably) from Britain to South America? Are there no old cars in Argentina, which would have been cheaper to buy and dispose of after filming was finished?
I have to say that Clarkson and co have brought it upon themselves: their previous actions (I'm guessing that Top Gear is broadcast in Argentina) cause people to believe the kind of stupidity that makes coincidence seem unlikely. Is it actually possible that, for example, the whole episode would have gone off without some quip about the Falklands war because that is the sort of thing that you can imagine them joking about, complete with knowing glances to the camera and their trademark schoolboy smirks...

Member for

11 years 6 months

Well who knows? It's irrelevant. Let's stick to the facts of what happened, so far as we understand them.

The delay in the indignant reaction puts me in mind of the Danish cartoon episode. An isolated reaction is publicised and ripples through the media fuelling the inevitable mob response.

Member for

14 years 8 months

And it goes on! "Falklandsgate" has become "Bellendgate" .... assuming you believe the Daily Pail....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2786155/Claims-Top-Gear-cover-grow-emerges-Jeremy-Clarkson-second-set-rude-number-plates-Porsche-BBC-gagged-car-dealer.html

Though I suppose it shows a certain self-awareness that they'd think "Bell ends" would be directly aimed at them..

Member for

11 years 6 months

Or perhaps "Squeeeeveryouncewecanoutofnothingstorygate".:sleeping: