'Filling Front Seats' - Odd 'Flight' Article

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 11 months

There is an article in this week's Flight, 27th May p.7 Comment section, on the perennial topic of not enough commerical pilots, which has been recurring regularly for decades. It is not the topic so much which interests me here, but the odd closing paragraph and callout penned by Murdo Morrison:

"The pilot shortage is here, but as with climate change there are still unhelpful deniers."

Try as I might, parsing out the meaning of this sentence is difficult. I thought that by now the idea that there was some dire anthropogenic effect on the climate was just a fringe view, unsupported by any actual evidence. Morrison seems to be saying that if you see something is wrong or question its integrity then scepticism is not allowed, and it is preferable to just keep quiet.

Either that, or the Flight editorial staff are closet warmists.

Steven

Original post

Member for

11 years 6 months

Well Mr Morrison certainly is a closet warmist! And so ardent that he has to make the link to an entirely unrelated subject. Rather sad, really....

Member for

13 years

Yes, it is odd. It seems as if he/she is attempting to insert some gravitas with the help of an intentionally silly juxtoposition.