The merged UKIP thread

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 6 months

Without in any way wishing to defend his actions he is not the only MP whose public face is very different from the one his constituents see on a daily basis, who receive support, attention and alleviation of their problems and concerns.

If Farage does decide to stand but fails in the attempt to overturn a very large majority he will not have achieved much, will he? A high risk policy it would seem...

Edit: it would seem he felt the same!!!

Member for

11 years 8 months

Farage was never going to take the risk of overturning a large Tory majority and at the same disembark from the Brussels Gravy Train.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Those last five words speak volumes!!

Member for

10 years 4 months

what I don't get is why can we be racist but for some reason everyone sees that them doing something to us isn't for example if I killed an African person I would be jailed not only for murder but also for commiting a hate crime yet if an African person killed me he would only be jailed for murder and not a hate crime so I think its a stupid little word that needs to be implemented for everyone not just white ethnic people

Member for

13 years 1 month

I am not going to get involved in the previous comments. I wish to say that I will be voting UKIP next month and I hope they get at least half a dozen members. Why some of you may ask? I think it will give the other two and a half parties a kick up the posterior and concentrate on what the country is interested in namely immigration 77% in straw polls want an end to it and the hold Brussels seem to have and want to increase on my country. The General election is a different matter UKIP could not hold a p*** up in a brewery so I will be voting for the encumbrant Jack Lopresti who served in Afghanistan and works hard for this constituency even though he is fighting stomach cancer.

Does that make me a racist then?

Member for

11 years 6 months

It probably does in some peoples' eyes, Paul!!:D

Member for

15 years

It was an observation, and I did ask if it was true..?

And I chose to ignore yet another stir of the wooden spoon, because I can.
If you like. Not sure where it is written, so you'll have to take it on the fly...

Doesn't have to be written, since you take it for granted.
You being a rank 5, you mean, and me a lowly 3...

I mean no such thing, because I haven't a clue what you're talking about.
You do not know me, you will not know me and for that I shall be forever thankful.
It's mutual
Just what exactly are you doing a wonderful job of assuming I was 'suffering' from?

I don't, because I'm not interested; my concerns lie with Jim's position.
It does seem strange that you are stirring up trouble on this thread by - being a troll - repeatedly dragging Linc's thread in

Once = "repeatedly?
and calling me selfish in an attempt to get a reaction. If you think that doing so is in any way helping him then you are surely deluded.

Couldn't care less if you react, and you've already admitted you don't want to help.
Misuse by...who? It is an offensive word: There is now no way on earth that you can incorporate it into a conversation with people you are not familiar with without them drawing conclusions about you for using it. Under those circumstances the only person who be misusing the word would be you. Can you come up with a legitimate use for that word, one that doesn't cause offense or rouse a moderators ire?

It used to be possible to buy a dye called N----- Brown, and I used that in a conversation with a (black) friend, while we were discussing the dog silliness.
I'm stirring and you aren't answering a simple question. Guess you might be hiding your feelings by being patronising and not answering...

More assumptions, to which you're quite welcome, but which only serve to show your ignorance of what I'm really like.
'Them'? Good grief. Did you use your special voice for the hard of understanding as well?[/sarcasm]

Is the lowest form of wit.
Maybe you are tired but I have already stated that I was using that to illustrate the changing of language... Do keep up

See response immediately above, and I have no wish to "keep up" with your brand of insolence.
Dregs of society was the term you used, I believe. They come from both high and low social orders - another attempt at illustration of a point that appears to have gone right over your head, I'm afraid.

Sarcasm really does become you.
I do not need you to kowtow, genuflect, whatever. If you want evidence then walk down Brixton high street

I have no need, since the same situation pertains in my home town, so I deleted the rest of your rant, since it doesn't apply, and I have enough commonsense not to antagonise people just for the sake of it (you should try it sometime.)
Hurrah for you...!

Hurrah for never-ending sarcasm.
But I mentioned it because the offence that the 'n' word causes can be just as offensive as the 'f' word in the wrong location.

Something of which I'm perfectly aware, so would never use either in public, unless with long-standing friends (which you'll never be, so don't keep playing the wind-up game.)
So, again, when would you use that word, with all its offensive and racist baggage, in normal everyday life

So, again, I've already told you (and you tell me to try to keep up.)

Member for

11 years 8 months

Anyway.......

Does that make me a racist then?

Not necessarily but the public should be made aware of the views of the UKIP candidates. We all should know who we are voting for.

Member for

10 years 8 months

what I don't get is why can we be racist but for some reason everyone sees that them doing something to us isn't for example if I killed an African person I would be jailed not only for murder but also for commiting a hate crime yet if an African person killed me he would only be jailed for murder and not a hate crime so I think its a stupid little word that needs to be implemented for everyone not just white ethnic people

Hate crime? (Seems like you hate punctuation...;o)

Why would you be killing that person? If it was just because of his race then you have your hate crime (see Lee Rigby, for example).

I mean no such thing, because I haven't a clue what you're talking about.

(Helpful mode) Under your name, on each post, you are (at the moment) a Rank 5 Registered User.

Once = "repeatedly?

Three times now.

It used to be possible to buy a dye called N----- Brown, and I used that in a conversation with a (black) friend, while we were discussing the dog silliness.

Words fail me.

More assumptions, to which you're quite welcome, but which only serve to show your ignorance of what I'm really like.

Still not answering...again.

Is the lowest form of wit.

Think you might find that imitation is the lowest form of wit...

See response immediately above, and I have no wish to "keep up" with your brand of insolence.

Somebody got out of bed the wrong side this morning...

Sarcasm really does become you.

Thank you.

I have enough commonsense not to antagonise people just for the sake of it (you should try it sometime.)

Not me - it was suggested by a friend of colour (his intention was more to show how someone intent on causing offence would be pulled up, after the riots the other year).

Hurrah for never-ending sarcasm.

(Cue applause)

Can we go back to UKIP, now you have made your feelings blatantly obvious?

Member for

15 years

(Helpful mode) Under your name, on each post, you are (at the moment) a Rank 5 Registered User.?

Still don't know what it means
Three times now.

Seems you can't get the message first time.
Words fail me.

That's a first (but very welcome.)
Still not answering...again.

To those who know me, I don't need to; you (as you've said) don't want to know me, so a reply is pointless.
Think you might find that imitation is the lowest form of wit...

Actually, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, which is why I make every effort not to imitate your sarcastic style.
Somebody got out of bed the wrong side this morning...

Can't, it's against the wall.
Thank you.

You are exceedingly welcome.
Not me - it was suggested by a friend of colour (his intention was more to show how someone intent on causing offence would be pulled up, after the riots the other year).

Doesn't apply, since I have no intention of deliberately causing offence; I leave that to others.
(Cue applause)

And the inevitable wearisome sarcasm
Can we go back to UKIP, now you have made your feelings blatantly obvious

I really began to wonder if I would ever get through

Member for

10 years 8 months

No, you haven't got through, like I seem not to have gotten through to you - but the word is still offensive, just the same.

Member for

11 years 6 months

"Gotten through" - you are American?

Member for

24 years 3 months

SNAFU, Edgar.

There are some good points being made, but there are also some personal attacks which are outside the spirit of the Forum

Play nicely please, or sling personal jibes to each other by e-mail

Thank you.

Moggy

Member for

10 years 8 months

Noted. Playing fair.

"Gotten through" - you are American?

Once again, no. Are you?;o)

Member for

11 years 6 months

Noted. Playing fair.

Once again, no. Are you?;o)

No, what makes you ask?

Member for

13 years

Reference the Lenny Henry comments. This 'traffic' does seem to be one way. If I went to a country in which I am plainly a minority and then complained that my kind are seriously under represented on TV, theatre and TV advertising so a quota system should be adopted to ensure adequate representation of the minority that I represent - I think I'd be laughed out of the country.

I bet it wouldn't make any headlines.

Does anyone know, for example, just how many persons of European heritage are regularly featured on Indian, African or Caribbean television ? I promise that I won't be surprised.

Member for

15 years 11 months

Phew that was a close call!!!:D

Thought of the much plugged museum when the whole UKIP/Newark story hit, had visions of the collection being sized up to attack France or something, under the possible new local administration.

Member for

11 years 8 months

If Lenny Henry had just arrived here then maybe he would be unjustified in his comments but he's as British I am and has a right to state his opinion on the way his ethnicity is represented. What is newsworthy is the way some UKIP (ex-)candidates have chosen to pick on Lenny Henry's comments in a particularly ignorant way.