Are We Slowly Slipping Into World War?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 6 months

News today that Russia is concerned with Israel for bombing Siria.
US and British forces are in Afghanistan with limited actions in Pakistan.
Tensions between North and South Korea.
Tensions between China and Japan.
French and British forces in Mali.
Taliban expanding not to mention coflicts in Libia, Africa, Somalia.
On top of all this the world is in a tripple dip recession. Mass unemployment, povety.
A tinder box waiting for a spark?

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

Are we slowly slipping into World War?

No. (But that’s just my opinion.)

On top of all this the world is in a triple dip recession.

The world isn’t in a triple-dip recession, at least I don’t think it is, but some countries are, including the United Kingdom (probably).

Anyway what’s so bad about a ‘triple-dip’ recession? That’s just some bullsh|t phrase that an economist or journalist thought-up and every politician who wants to scare people has latched-onto, it doesn’t actually mean anything! Don’t believe me? Some countries haven’t come out of the first recession yet so they haven’t even had a double-dip recession; are they better-off than the United Kingdom?

Member for

11 years 5 months

Regional conflicts, yes. Always have been, always will be.

The world is most certainly NOT in triple dip recession. Europe for all the reasons well rehearsed is the only real basket case. Much of the world is in economic growth and leaving us behind. Hence, on a different tack, the need for us to concentrate on trading with new and growing markets and not with the slumbering European ones.

Member for

11 years 2 months

China will be the root of a world war.

Member for

24 years 2 months

It may well be a future participant in one, but I think that the root of the next world war, will originate elsewhere.:diablo:

Member for

20 years 5 months

Well you never know, with a bit of luck.
At least it'll give us something to watch on the telly.
A.

Member for

12 years 11 months

The world is already at war. China has been attacking the west with cyber attacks for years now, and America does it to everyone else.

Every country seems to be involved in some kind of tension at the moment, that coud easily escalate. The potential for it all to collapse like a house of cards is concerning.

Member for

11 years 5 months

So...? Is your post linked to your thread title..?

Member for

14 years 6 months

Just another example of unrest in the world.

Member for

19 years 11 months

There has never been a time in the whole of recorded human history without organised conflict of one kind or another.

In today's information age, our easy access to news and pictures via TV news and the Internet enables us to bear near-instant witness to events in far-off countries that people only 50 years ago would have found out about at third or fourth hand after a significant delay.

Your impression that the world is spiralling out of control is little more than a by-product of increasingly efficient news-gathering and broadcasting.

So come out from under that bed..... ;)

Member for

20 years 5 months

Grey Area,
I agree and we've been through worse before.

Let's face it, World war would be bad for business and with the international gang of bankers, usurers and spivs who are currently in charge in the World, I can't see any of them wanting to cut their profits right now.
They've got it pretty well sown up I reckon.

A.

Member for

14 years 6 months

Grey Area,
World war would be bad for business.

Depends who's making the weapons.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Grey Area,
World war would be bad for business and with the international gang of bankers, usurers and spivs who are currently in charge in the World,
A.

Well if that is the case, as you see it, then a World War is exactly what I would have thought these "usurers and spivs" would want - lots of shady money from shady arms deals!:rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 5 months

Not really--and Charlie, I'm in no mood for sarcasm.
I often have to read the cr*p you write, but I read it, absorb it and often consider it. So, although you might not agree with me, my cr*p is as valid as your cr*p.
Countries borrow big bucks in wartime, and that's OK if they win.
Russia in The Great War borrowed heavily from America.
When it all went **** up, those investors lost.
You could if you were a true cynic (and heaven forbid, I'm not) argue that America joined The Great War to protect their investments in Gt Britain and France, who in 1917, with the Russians gone and the Germans bringing a substantial number of divisions from east To West, the French army in a shambles and even talk of unrest in Britain, were looking like the loosing side.

Again in 1938, Neville Chamberlain repeated that war would be bad for World trade.
That's why he gave Czechoslovakia away--well one of the reasons anyway.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Your description of those who rule us belies your first sentence. Well, I certainly don't mean to write cr*p nor do I regard what you write as such, so I am sorry you see it that way.

Member for

24 years 2 months

It's only a worry if you're afraid of dying. Personally, I can't do anything to alter the world situation one way or the other so worrying about it is wasting what little energy I have left over when I've dealt with situations I can influence or control.

Regards,

kev35

Member for

11 years 5 months

Well I entirely agree with that, Kev. I have never worried about events which I cannot control nor have any influence over. Immediate concerns in our personal lives are what trouble me and are troubling me, as I know are yours.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I couldn't care less...and in all honesty i'm not convinced that peace has proved to be all that marvellous anyway.

Member for

13 years 9 months

[QUOTE=Andy in Beds;1984360]Well you never know, with a bit of luck.
At least it'll give us something to watch on the telly.

What, and take away the only TV program I watch,...Andy Pandy ;)

Now that's going to get a few on here wondering :p and Muffin the Mule.....OOOps, should I have said the word "Muffin" these days?.

Jim.
Lincoln.7