Best Christmas Present.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 6 months

Well what did you get..?
My best present was two tins of paint stripper off E-bay.
Odd to some I know, but sadly for us paint stripper fans, the sunny old EU banned a little while ago, the agent in paint stripper which actually strips paint.
So, when you buy a can of Nitromors these days, and despite it now being an attractive shade of green--IT DOESN'T WORK.
And it ain't cheap either.

Some while ago though, I stumbled upon a man on that famous auction site who is selling paint stripper in unmarked cans. It smells like old fashioned Nitromors, it takes the skin off your fingers like old fashioned Nitromors and it strips paint like old fashioned Nitromors. He sent it through the post in cans too..!
The warnings on the can are dire, but I don't care as it works.
Makes me happy..!

Anyone else get anything unusual--or paint stripper for that matter..?

Andy.

Original post

Member for

13 years 10 months

Hi Andy, I didn't get the Nitromors paint stripper.

All I got was the "Stripper" WOW :D
30th Still looking good, see yah.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

20 years 6 months

Jim.
Yes will be there.
Weather forecast looking bearable too.

Please send pictures of your stripper.

Andy

Member for

24 years 3 months

I didn't get anything "unusual", but I did get an iPad, which I have wanted for ages, so I had a great Christmas :D

Member for

11 years 6 months

Santa left in my stocking what I had asked for - my first "proper" camera for about 50 years!!:D

Member for

19 years 2 months

I do not drink 'Paint Stripper' type whisky but I am known to enjoy the occasional Malt ;)
For Chrimble I was given a bottle of Compass Box 'Spice Tree' which is a blended Malt - ie blended but only using Malt whisky...lurvly :)
Tesco have been selling my fave for a reasonable price too (Talisker !)

rgds baz

Member for

19 years 2 months

About the modern paint strippers,the ones we use at work are not as good as the old ones but sometimes 'Keying' or sanding the surface on gloss paint seems to help :)

rgds baz

Member for

13 years

My Other half has just bought me a lovely Seiko Kinetic watch, as they're heavily discounted on Amazon (upto 79% off!)

Will make lovely daily watch for the foreseeable future :)

Member for

13 years 10 months

One of my kids gave me a Seiko, solar/light powered watch, keeps perfect time, and also very reasonable price too.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

15 years 11 months

My son bought me a book :) How To Teach Quantum Physics To Your Dog :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

Courtesy of my partner, I gratefully received an iPad 4, a very real surprise, along with a beautiful 1/72 model of a Swissair DC7C, my all time favourite piston powered airliner. I also got a few vouchers from other loved ones, so all in all, a very nice Christmas for us both, made all the better by spending time with our respective families and friends.