White orcs on steroids crush All Blacks

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

Well, well, well!

Funny old game, rugby.

Dave Homewood - eat your heart out ! We knew we wouldn't have to wait too long!

Original post

Member for

11 years 6 months

Well, well, well!

Funny old game, rugby.

Dave Homewood - eat your heart out ! We knew we wouldn't have to wait too long!

Oh - two threads with the same theme - still you can't get too much of a Kiwi defeat, can you?:diablo:

Who's Dave Homewood.....?

Member for

20 years 6 months

He's a nice Kiwi lad who frequents this place.
Knows his stuff on Kiwi aviation too.

We've talked together about The Great War a bit over the years.

He won't be happy though.

Andy

Member for

11 years 6 months

Ah...thanks. I'll keep an eye out for his reply....;):)

Member for

13 years

Charlie,

Andy in Beds is right. He knows more about Dave than I do. What I do know is that Dave will be spitting tacks. I think that he is the Kiwis unoffical cheerleader for the mighty All Blacks and took exception to my statement at the end of the last rugby World Cup that the Kiwis one point win over France was the narrowest of margins and really in rugby terms counted as a draw !

In the spirit of my usual xenophobia, I'm just glad that it was at least one point and that their opponents were France. Although, I wouldn't tell Dave.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Oh dear - a sensitive Kiwi!! The only thing worse than a sensitive Kiwi is a sensitive Welshman!! I'll just have to steer clear of incoming tacks. I wonder if he heard Chris Laidlaw paying tribute to England and saying that by far the better team won on the day. None of us is invincible but the All Blacks have shown how nearly you can be.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Quite frankly I do not give a toss. The All Blacks lose games sometimes - that is a fact of life - and they were overdue for a loss. When better to lose than at the very end of a massive season where they are all shattered; at the end of an unbeaten run that other teams can simply dream of, and when they are all suffering from a virus thanks to a lot of foreign travel? It had to happen, no shame in it. It's only a game, after all.

I never even watched the game, nor any on this northern tour, as it was all played in the middle of the night and I don't have Sky TV so I couldn't get up at 3.00am to watch it.

John Green's description of me here is a bit rich, I'm not spitting tacks nor eating my heart out. He thinks this for soem reason because he was making all sorts of outlandish anti-NZ comments around the time of the World Cup last year - a time when New Zealanders were experiencing a real exhiloration and national feeling of togetherness thanks to our pride in not just the team but the country putting on such an amazing tournament. Kiwis sadly seldom get to be so prominent on the World Stage. It was a fantastic few weeks where everyone was happy, even the non-rugby fans. Towns across the country adopted national teams and everyone flew flags from their homes and cars and the likes. We don't usually get into such sporting fervour as a nation, unlike the Brits with their soccer teams, etc. It was something different for us, something great, a one-off, and now many people look back on it as a wonderful time in our nation's history. Whether we won or lost the cup wouldn't have dented the great spirit of the event, but winning was a wonderful bonus to cap it all off. No miserable whingers from abroad could knock our national spirit, but they tried of course.

John Green was one of them, he was simply being a complete prick at the time and I was one of several kiws who stood up against his ridiculous, jealous bullying of New Zealand, that's all. Why should I be blamed for that?

Well done to the England rugby team, they have obviously sorted themselves out after being a complete drunken shambles last season.

Member for

11 years 6 months

When better to lose than at the very end of a massive season where they are all shattered; at the end of an unbeaten run that other teams can simply dream of, and when they are all suffering from a virus thanks to a lot of foreign travel?

In contrast it was good to listen to deserved praise from Kiwi current and ex-participants without a word of excuse. After all they had just won all their other Northern Hemisphere games - some very easily. But talk of 2015 is very premature - a lot can happen to All Black and England rugby in two years so we will take the win and prepare for the Grand Slam in the New Year. The All Blacks will lick a few wounds and come out fighting again next Summer.

It's only a game but a bl***dy great one when two fine teams play each other.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Who is talking about 2015? Commentators? Where is the next RWC being held? I have forgotten.

"The All Blacks will lick a few wounds and come out fighting again next Summer."

Not much rest then, Summer started three days ago.

"It's only a game but a bl***dy great one when two fine teams play each other."

Absolutely. The AB's have not had a lot of competition till now. Some of the games this year have been walk overs as the oposition has been pretty slim.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Who is talking about 2015? Commentators? Where is the next RWC being held? I have forgotten.

"The All Blacks will lick a few wounds and come out fighting again next Summer."

Not much rest then, Summer started three days ago.

"It's only a game but a bl***dy great one when two fine teams play each other."

Absolutely. The AB's have not had a lot of competition till now. Some of the games this year have been walk overs as the oposition has been pretty slim.

Indeed since it is being played here and the pool draws take place today.

I think you knew what I meant....!!;)

Member for

13 years

Extra ! Extra! Read all aboit it! Massive sense of humour failure reported in Kiwi rugby supporter!

Oh dear! Dave, in sport, even to the very best, defeat happens occasionally. When the All Blacks - deservedly the best team in the world - have yet another annoying run of continuous success and it is that continuity which makes them the best, I'll do as I always do, doff my hat and bow out of respect for their sporting virtuosity.

Vituperation and character assassination should not be a part of your riposte. It's bad manners - for a start. Yes, I can on occasion be a pr##k, it annoys even me, but, when I'm being a pr##k it's never accompanied by malice.

So, with me and others, raise your glass to an outstanding England win, forget all the excuses, on the day the better team won. Most England supporters will be aware that one win 'does not a summer make' (apologies for the twisted metaphor) but, being the sporting, fair minded Kiwi that you are known to be, you will join with me and other rugby fans in wishing England continued success, so that in the future we can provide the All Blacks with worthwhile opposition !

P.S
Before you next accuse anyone of being anti NZ remember this, many of us who know the history of seventy years ago, have an obligation to New Zealand that can never be repaid or forgotten. Don't forget that many of us have relatives and friends that have established an unbreakable and enduring link between Great Britain and New Zealand.