Ernie would of been proud

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 6 months

77.5 mph... the fastest milk float in the world (and not just the west, Ernie :D)

http://www.ebaymotorsbtcc.co.uk/features/ebay_motors_mechanics_challenge_grand_finale

Rob

Original post

Member for

13 years 10 months

Good old Benny Hill, one of the best comedians ever:)
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

14 years 7 months

77.5 mph? Doesn't the horse get tired?

Member for

24 years 3 months

... would HAVE... :rolleyes:

Member for

16 years 1 month

Funnily enough, our milkman when I was a boy in New Zealand was called Ernie. He was a Maori chap who drove a Bedford milk truck with 'E Kidd Pukekohe' painted on the side.
Ernie was knocking off one of the women who lived up the road. She was about 26 stone and had a moustache. She would wait for him for hours at the end of her drive and then they would disappear inside for a tryst while the teenage boys who worked for him would carry on delivering the milk from small trolleys they had.
Ernie was an alcoholic and she had heart problems, so I imagine they're both long dead now.

Member for

15 years 2 months

I seem to remember (somewhat hazily!) a converted Transit? van at Brands Hatch that was quite fast - anybody remember the details (Alan Mann Racing perhaps/).

(Sorry for thread drift :o)

Member for

13 years 10 months

Dave, I seem to remember it was "Possibly" Top Gear, with a V8 possibly twin turbo.Like the proverbial off a shovel, when it went around the track.I could however be wrong though.

Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

11 years 6 months

Funny - I had Top Gear in mind the minute I read the story....a typically TG stunt!

Member for

13 years 10 months

I also think it may have been the Hamster who drove it.

Jim.

Lincoln .7

Member for

11 years 6 months

More than likely - Captain Slow wouldn't have got it out of second and Clarkson would have fallen out of it.