Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 7 months

Well, except sometimes.

Gideon's true colours

Original post

Member for

11 years 5 months

....and so he paid the £160 and everyone lived happily ever after.

Slow news day?;):rolleyes:

It happened to me a few months ago when a generous relative stumped up for my journey in 1st and some bod had a similar "discussion" when he did not wish to move from 1st. I expect it is not an uncommon event.

Member for

11 years 7 months

It did indeed make me smile. Mind you, his days were numbered when CMD gave him his full support!

....and so he paid the £160 and everyone lived happily ever after.

He paid? I suspect we paid.

Member for

15 years 10 months

Gideon probably booked standard fare because it would look good on the expenses form and then just took an automatic upgrade as his "right", must have been galling when some anonymous serf had the temerity to question this right.

Member for

17 years 5 months

They should have thrown him off the train... As for the other pleb, should have been deselected to..

Member for

11 years 5 months

It did indeed make me smile. Mind you, his days were numbered when CMD gave him his full support!

He paid? I suspect we paid.

Indeed every taxpayer paid. Just as we pay for the expenses of every MP, and Minister of the Crown....

Member for

15 years 10 months

Apparently Gideon has form for this, one occasion didn't have the readies available and had to go sit with the plebs, by all accounts a shattering experience even though no-one threatened to heave him through the window, evidently he was pretty well ignored.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Nothing new there then, I would ignore him too.