What's the lowest cheeky bid for a house my missus is thinking of buying ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 7 months

House is in Cleveleys just north of Blackpool and near the sea front.

House has been on market for quite a few months and it's now with second estate agent.

No chain as it's vacant possession (the woman selling owns 3 house - she slipped up telling us that I think).

It's a very nice house, 3 bed detached with extension and conservatory.

Quiet area but right near sea and shops.

It's on for £169k and my missus is ready to make an offer tomorrow.

What is a too low a bid ? £160k ??? or lower ??? Don't want to upset anyone but no harm in trying a low bid I assume.

The attached garage has been converted to a room but it's like a building site that needs some work.

Bathroom needs doing and carpets replacing - other than that it's in top condition and house is only 12 years old.

Original post

Member for

14 years

she's not willing to budge on price i'd guess !! i may be wrong but if it has been on the market for so long and in that area others will have tried cheeky bids

it also depends on what you are willing to pay as an individual i myself for anything in the blackpool area would only be willing to pay 30,000 but that's personal as i don't like blackpool !!

vacant possesion with no chain is a bonus to you but not an issue for them as they are already living somewhere !!

i'd personaly try 140,000 if it is refused give it a bit then try later to test how much they want to get rid !!

selling houses is a stagnant market presently nothing to loose it'll probably be around for a while yet if it isn't others will follow

Member for

20 years 2 months

Blackpool

First thing you need to know is that Cleveleys is not in Blackpool it's a few miles north and a nice place to live, so don't take any notice of people who think that Cleveleys, Fleetwood, St Annes or Lytham are in blackpool because
they are not. If you Pm the name of the road to me I will give my mate a ring and ask him what its like there.

Member for

14 years

fair enough it doesn't have the golden mile , piers , or tower but blackpool it is just the quieter areas a little to the side !!

i do know as i live pretty much where the op does !! and have been there many times

cleveleys is directly next to blackpool with fleetwood shortly after

Member for

18 years 9 months

Try zoopla,it will give you the last sale price of the property,what their estimate is and look on there for resent sale prices in the street.

Also if you do some digging on the net and as you say the owner has several property's,they might have a business in letting them and be struggling.

Ive recently sold a property,id seen it up for a while,firstly for 170k then over several months dropping to 160k,it was empty,i asked around the area and found out it was a rental property,one nice lady gave me the owners name,i checked him out,he had 6 other property's.3 of which where empty too and had been for a while.

Having checked out his wife (facebook) she posted her divorce had came through and was waiting for settlement....

I paid 100k for the property 2 weeks later.

Member for

20 years 2 months

blackpool

fair enough it doesn't have the golden mile , piers , or tower but blackpool it is just the quieter areas a little to the side !!

i do know as i live pretty much where the op does !! and have been there many times

cleveleys is directly next to blackpool with fleetwood shortly after

A half hour drive from Blackpool center to Fleetwood is not a little to the side.

Member for

14 years

it is 4 miles with no break in buit up areas to cleveleys but in reality as they are next door neighbours it is zero miles north blackpool to south cleveleys !! it's blackpool !! if you take that long on the coast rd to reach fleetwood from blackpool i'd book your car into a garage !! even fleetwood is only about 15 - 20 mins drive taking it easy !!

Member for

20 years 2 months

Blackpool

Tell you what you go to Fleetwood and tell em they live in the Blackpool area
and I'll send you some flowers to the ward you end up in at Blackpool Vic Hospital. I know how long it takes to get there from Blackpool it's 7.4 miles and it takes longer at rush hour, in fact go to St Annes an see what they think of your ill thought out statment, Oh and as for the silly statment of £30.000, that wont buy you a shed in Lytham. It's zero miles north, are you taking the p%%ss.

Member for

13 years 7 months

Thanks for all the advice folks. :)

Member for

17 years 6 months

Sounds like it might have been bought to let with the garage being converted and she has been caught out with the slump, go in low and she can always say no, you can always increase your offer if refused. Agree with the see what the others went for. But remember these days it is a buyers market, not a sellers, so still go in lower. I would think offering way lower than you suggest, 130-140 ish as suggested by Tornado

Member for

13 years 7 months

if you take that long on the coast rd to reach fleetwood from blackpool i'd book your car into a garage !!

I LOL'ed at this comment ! :D

Member for

20 years 2 months

Blackpool

You won't be laughing if you move there and you try and do the trip in the rush hour, as I said before it takes longer than 15 mins, but hey if you want to listen to a sgsmfi then crack on, I've done that trip hundreds of times, trust me I know.

Member for

24 years 3 months

it is 4 miles with no break in buit up areas to cleveleys but in reality as they are next door neighbours it is zero miles north blackpool to south cleveleys !! it's blackpool !! if you take that long on the coast rd to reach fleetwood from blackpool i'd book your car into a garage !! even fleetwood is only about 15 - 20 mins drive taking it easy !!

Are you allowed to go that fast on L plates?:D

Member for

20 years 2 months

LOL

Don't you have to be able to fill in a D1 form to get a provisional licence in this country:D

Member for

19 years 2 months

I wish I had that 'smiley' that pours a beer :D
It is good to have the 'Expert' around LOL

Member for

19 years 5 months

I'd offer 10% less...or about 153.
The worse they can do is say no...then if you still want it you up your bid.

Member for

13 years 7 months

You won't be laughing if you move there and you try and do the trip in the rush hour, as I said before it takes longer than 15 mins, but hey if you want to listen to a sgsmfi then crack on, I've done that trip hundreds of times, trust me I know.

I'm not moving up there and my missus doesn't need to drive in rush hour.

However you are right - it does take a while to get up to Fleetwood from Cleveleys and longer to St Annes especially if you do the prom route.

I should know this as my parents live in Cleveleys.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Blackpool

Keep us posted as to how you get on with the house, as for St Annes keep away from there, it's not the place it used to be unless you've got up to half a million to spend:D

Member for

17 years 7 months

sgsmfi?

PM if necessary. :)

Member for

13 years 7 months

Eh ? Not sure what you mean.

Member for

14 years

Tell you what you go to Fleetwood and tell em they live in the Blackpool area
and I'll send you some flowers to the ward you end up in at Blackpool Vic Hospital. I know how long it takes to get there from Blackpool it's 7.4 miles and it takes longer at rush hour, in fact go to St Annes an see what they think of your ill thought out statment, Oh and as for the silly statment of £30.000, that wont buy you a shed in Lytham. It's zero miles north, are you taking the p%%ss.

30.000 was my personal value not what bozo's actualy pay !!

no fleetwood is not blackpool but blackpools entertainments and hotels extend into cleveleys , cleveleys is blackpool i have just come back from there today from being with a client for work for 5 days , cleveleys is blackpool in everything but name !! granted it is the slightly quieter side of blackpool but blackpool none the less !!