EM2012 -- why is Russia out??

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

To drunk to make sense: Why is Russia out when they have a +2 goals ratio, while the Greek with only a 0 goals ratio, and the equal amount of wins-losses-draws are in the next round?? :confused::confused:

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Is this Eurovision?

I'm guessing whatever the problem is, it's something to do with Graham Norton

Moggy

Member for

24 years 2 months

Maybe because they invaded Poland the other day?

Regards,

kev35

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ah! Chavball.

All is now clear :rolleyes:

Moggy

Member for

13 years 9 months

Maybe because they invaded Poland the other day?

Regards,

kev35

Only you could come out with a "Classic" reply like that Kev however there is an element of truth in it?.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

14 years 11 months

If teams amass the same points, the result, when they played each other, decides the superior team; if their game was drawn, the team having the better goal difference takes precedence.
Of course, if their song is better than your song, and they have more friends in Europe, they will win.

Member for

15 years 8 months

If Greece wins against Germany, someone isn't going to be getting a bailout ;)

Ah! Chavball.

All is now clear :rolleyes:

Moggy

I don't quite understand how the scoring works, but I think I've figured out how the game works. From what I've seen there two teams, each meets near the entertainment stadium often in bars, where they begin the game each side trying to score a higher scoring hit on the other. Hitting the other guy with a glass scores higher than punching them for example, but being seen by the police scoring a goal gets them sent off. Then there is a half time period where both sides go to watch some men run around in the entertainment stadium with a ball and faking injuries, after which they move on to the second half of street combat a.k.a football.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Throw in a little, misplaced, Nationalistic (dare I say racist?) fervour and you have a recipe for hours of entertainment to which the football is purely coincidental.

Regards,

kev35

Member for

17 years 5 months

Ahhh like the Banana incident.... Unfortunately they award the competition to a Country or have Countries playing that do not have the same Moral stance as the rest of us, then cry foul when those Countries do not live up to those standards...

Member for

20 years 5 months

If teams amass the same points, the result, when they played each other, decides the superior team; if their game was drawn, the team having the better goal difference takes precedence.
Of course, if their song is better than your song, and they have more friends in Europe, they will win.

Understood. Thanks!

But it is Euro-diotic.

Member for

14 years 11 months

Understood. Thanks!
But it is Euro-diotic.

If they made it simple, they wouldn't have so much to do to "earn" (hah!) their expenses, and would have time for unimportant things like goal-line technology.

Member for

19 years 5 months

As I understand it, although Greece has only a 0 goals ratio, they get 8 credits from the other members of the EU....thus beating Russia.

Based on the same system, Spain is expected to do well too.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Well whatever it is it was bleedin' mayhem when I flew into Kiev last week (for work, not football. I'm Scottish so we tend not to appear at major championships and anyway the ball's the wrong shape!).

Doesn't help much I suppose when the brand new Terminal they built to cope with the influx of supporters is still closed !!! :rolleyes: