Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DazDaMan
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Aug 2003

Aliens

James Cameron's classic 1986 sci-fi actioner is still a kick-ass thrill ride, even 36 years later!
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2013

Hi All,
      Daz Great choice after that things went a bit pear shaped loosing it's way a little and the franchise and has never really gotten back on it's true track though that doesn't mean the other films are not good in their own right just never carried on from Aliens as a storyline IMPO..... Also from what reviews I have seen and other titbits that are given out on youtube the next instalment is an SJW fest rather than using the returning characters to they're full potential allegedly.... Still it's all up to the viewer in the end like or not like simple.

Anyway watched a good Drama called Wind River 2017 (Via Netflix) Based on true events it is just a good movie to watch from start to end and well recommended.....

Cory Lambert is a wildlife officer who finds the body of an 18-year-old woman on an American Indian reservation in snowy Wyoming. When the autopsy reveals that she was raped, FBI agent Jane Banner arrives to investigate. Teaming up with Lambert as a guide, the duo soon find that their lives are in danger while trying to solve the mystery of the teen's death.

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Aug 2003

Top Gun

Don't think I need to say any more, except that I can't wait for the new one to come out!
        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2013

Hi All,
          Daz with you there matey...

The Wandering Earth 2019 (Via Netflix), an Chinese/English Dubbed Sci-Fi. If you can get past the video game style CGI at times then all in all it's enjoyable film and well recommended IMHO, and at over 2Hr's long keeps going until the end......

When the sun dies out, the people of Earth build giant thrusters to move the planet out of orbit and sail to a new star system. After 2,500 years, young people continue the fight for everyone's survival.

Geoff.
          Last edited by 1batfastard; 13th August 2019, 21:05.

Comment

• DazDaMan
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Aug 2003

The Final Countdown

The USS Nimitz gets sent through some kind of time warp to the day before the attack on Pearl Harbor, and then comes the decision on whether or not to intervene with history and strike at the Japanese task force before they obliterate the US Pacific Fleet.

An interesting premise, and some great footage of carrier operations, and not forgetting that brilliant Zeros vs. Tomcats sequence - "Splash the Zeros!"
            Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jan 2013

Hi All,
              Insidious 2011 (Via Netflix), I have wanted to watch this Horror since it came out and missed the Sky Cinema presentation, I really don't know what all the fuss was about when it came out as many touted it to be a return to true shock Horror I did not. To be honest though maybe the film loses that feeling when viewed on the small screen I don't know none the less as a Horror it does it's job and keeps you watching so all in all one to watch if your into the genre..........

Starring:- Patrick Wilson,(Josh Feldman as Young Josh),Rose Byrne,Lin Shaye,Ty Simpkins,Barbara Hershey,Leigh Whannell,
              Angus Sampson,Andrew Astor,Heather Tocquigny,Corbett Tuck,Ruben Pla,John Henry Binder,Christopher Marr Besina and
              Marfren Cubar.

Parents (Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne) take drastic measures when it seems their new home is haunted and their comatose son (Ty Simpkins) is possessed by a malevolent entity.

Geoff.

Last edited by 1batfastard; 13th August 2019, 21:18.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Aug 2003

Black Eagle

A 2012 South Korean action movie about a hotshot F-15 pilot who gets kicked out of the country's aerobatic team, and is forced to rejoin his military unit in the hopes it might discipline him better. Cue MANY Top Gun-esque scenes, and some OTT CGI flight scenes, but entertaining enough.
                Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• hampden98
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Sep 2009

I watched 2001 A Space Odyssey again to see of it had improved with age.
                  Nope, still confusing nonsensical rubbish.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Aug 2003

Iron Eagle

The Goonies goes to Top Gun - probably the best way to describe this one!

I mean, it's not bad, but it's not in the realms of Top Gun!
                    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                      Hunter Killer 2018 (Via Netflix) I enjoyed this film on the whole despite some minor niggles, the CGI was quite good at times and the film does flash by quite quickly keeping the viewer paying attention. Not much in the way of a dramatic acting roles but none the less if you like the genre and can get over the few niggles you can enjoy it like I did.......

Starring:- Gerard Butler,Gary Oldman,Common,Zane Holtz,Caroline Goodall,Alexander Diachenko,Michael Nyqvist,Ilia Volok,
                      Mikhail Gorevoy,Igor Jijikine,Yuri Kolokolnikov,Toby Stephens,Linda Cardellini,David Gyasi,Gabriel Chavarria,Taylor John Smith,
                      Ryan McPartlin,Michael Trucco,Richard Hills Jr,Adam James,Carter MacIntyre and Kieron Bimpson.

American submarine Captain Joe Glass is on the hunt for a U.S. sub in distress in the Arctic Ocean. He soon learns that a secret Russian coup is in the offing, a conspiracy that threatens to dismantle the world order. With crew and country on the line, Glass must assemble an elite group of Navy SEALs to sneak through enemy waters, rescue the kidnapped Russian president and prevent World War III.

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Aug 2003

Jaws

After watching the sold-out play The Shark Is Broken, it kinda had to be done!

If you can, I strongly urge watching the play about the relationships of the three actors while making the 1975 classic - in particular Ian Shaw (Robert Shaw's very own son!), who looks and sounds the part to the minutest detail.

Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• barongan
                          Rank 4 Registered User
                          • Jul 2018

Furious 9

Comment

• 1batfastard
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                            The Dark Crystal - 1982 (Via Netflix) I watched this again to get back into the story line for the new series (The Dark Crystal Age Of Resistance) now showing on Netflix. I naturally assumed that the series would pick up from the end of the original film WRONG!!

They have done a Star Wars and the series is a prequel to the original TDC film bringing back some of the original characters. None the less the first episode looks like they are keeping with the Jim Henson ethos, only time will tell just how well it compares to TDC, so long as they don't go woke like so many other series and films nowadays that seem to alter franchise characters and politicising instead of a good storyline .......

Anyway back to the film TDC it's still a good watch if dated by todays standards and when you consider there are no digital effects or CGI it's still a well made film if your into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre of film and a great watch for the young IMHO.

Starring:- You can look at the list of star voices but the other stars (The puppeteers) are also named, the list is to long to put on here so visit the link:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Crystal

Jen (Stephen Garlick), raised by the noble race called the Mystics, has been told that he is the last survivor of his own race, the Gelflings. He sets out to try to find a shard of the dark crystal, a powerful gem that once provided balance to the universe. After the crystal was broken, the evil Skeksis used sinister means to gain control. Jen believes that he can repair the dark crystal and bring peace back to the world, if he can only find the remaining shard.

TDC Age Of Resistance trailer for the series below Now available on Netflix.

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Aug 2003

The Shawshank Redemption

I was utterly gobsmacked to find that my girlfriend had never seen this - and she rather enjoyed it!
                              Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                                The Hateful Eight (Via Netflix) One of Tarantinos westerns, a long film at nearly 3Hr's taking place for the most in one location yet it still manages to be entertaining and funny at times. If you enjoy the genre you shouldn't be to disappointed but I will say not your typical western but definitely has that feel and is a definite Tarantino fan must see....

Starring:- Samuel L. Jackson,Kurt Russell,Jennifer Jason Leigh,Walton Goggins,Demin Bichir,Tim Roth,Michael Madsen,Bruce Dern,James Parks,Dana Gourrier,
                                Zo Bell,Lee Horsley,Gene Jones,Keith Jefferson,Craig Stark,Belinda Owino and Channing Tatum.

While racing toward the town of Red Rock in post-Civil War Wyoming, bounty hunter John "The Hangman" Ruth (Kurt Russell) and his fugitive prisoner (Jennifer Jason Leigh) encounter another bounty hunter (Samuel L. Jackson) and a man who claims to be a sheriff. Hoping to find shelter from a blizzard, the group travels to a stagecoach stopover located on a mountain pass. Greeted there by four strangers, the eight travelers soon learn that they may not make it to their destination after all.

Geoff.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                X