Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1batfastard
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2013

Hi All,
    Daz - If you liked (We Bought A Zoo) you should like (If you never watched it first time around ? ) this BBC drama (Our Zoo) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04gvbkz a very good IMHO mini series drama about the beginnings of Chester Zoo.......

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 4th April 2019, 16:18.

Comment

• 1batfastard
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2013

Hi All,
      Tommorrowland 2015 via (SKY Cinema) This Sci-Fi film was not very popular as I think it was a bit to ( Look what we are doing to the planet! ) rather than concentrating on just a good escapism film in the Sci-Fi genre. IMHO I don't think it was that bad a movie really ignoring the wagging finger at the audience, still like I say you like what you like in the genre and it is not for everyone being a Sci-Fi fan or the casual watcher.....

Starring:- George Clooney,Hugh Laurie,Britt Robertson,Raffey Cassidy,Tim McGraw,Kathryn Hahn,Keegan-Michael Key,Chris Bauer,
      Thomas Robinson,Pierce Gagnon,Matthew Maccaull and Judy Greer.

A former boy genius (George Clooney) and gifted teenager (Britt Robertson) set out on a dangerous mission to unearth the secrets of "Tomorrowland", an enigmatic location caught between time and space.

Geoff.

Comment

• 1batfastard
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jan 2013

Hi All,
        Finally I have watched ARRIVAL 2016 (Via Netflix) Not every Sci-Fi fans cup of tea but I really enjoyed this movie......

A very different type of time travel film just a good down to earth what if movie without too much CGI that seems to accompany this genre at the moment. I don't mind CGI when it is essential and good but some are really atrocious (Black Panther) even though having millions spent on them.

Starring:- Amy Adams,Jeremy Renner,Forest Whitaker,Michael Stuhlbarg,Mark O'Brien,Tzi Ma,Abigail Pniowsky,Julia Scarlett Dan,
        Jadyn Malone and Frank Schorpion.

Linguistics professor Louise Banks (Amy Adams) leads an elite team of investigators when gigantic spaceships touch down in 12 locations around the world. As nations teeter on the verge of global war, Banks and her crew must race against time to find a way to communicate with the extraterrestrial visitors. Hoping to unravel the mystery, she takes a chance that could threaten her life and quite possibly all of mankind.

Geoff.

Comment

• Cajun21
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Apr 2004

Last film was Alpha, how mans best friend became mans best friend. Some what suspicious events but somewhat plausible. A good flick once you get the hang of reading the subtitles as no one really speaks Neanderthal these days.
          Cheers
          Itch

Comment

• 1batfastard
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jan 2013

Hi All,
            The Lost City Of Z 2016 (Via BBCi) Enjoyed this little publicised biopic film an historical drama based on the book of the same name by David Grann, a little piece of UK history that is not very PC in todays climate.......

Starring:- Charlie Hunnam,Robert Pattinson,Edward Ashley,Sienna Miller,Tom Holland as Jack Fawcett,(Bobby Smalldridge as 7-year-old Jack/Tom Mulheron as young Jack Fawcett),Angus Macfadyen,Clive Francis,Ian McDiarmid,Franco Nero,Harry Melling,John Sackville,Adam Bellamy and Daniel Huttlestone.

At the dawn of the 20th century, British explorer Percy Fawcett journeys into the Amazon, where he discovers evidence of a previously unknown, advanced civilization that may have once inhabited the region. Despite being ridiculed by the scientific establishment, which views indigenous populations as savages, the determined Fawcett, supported by his devoted wife, son, and aide-de-camp, returns to his beloved jungle in an attempt to prove his case.

Geoff.

Comment

• 1batfastard
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jan 2013

Hi All,
              Spider-Man Homecoming 2017 (via Sky Movies.) A good addition to the Marvel universe that is quite funny but just another great view for anybody into the Comic Book Superhero/Sci-Fi genre........

Starring:- Tom Holland,Michael Keaton,Jon Favreau,Zendaya,Donald Glover,Tyne Daly,Marisa Tomei,Robert Downey Jr,Gwyneth Paltrow, Kerry Condon,Chris Evans,Jacob Batalon,Laura Harrier,Tony Revolori,Garcelle Beauvais,Jennifer Connelly,
              Hemky Madera,Bokeem Woodbine,Logan Marshall-Green,Michael Chernus,Michael Mando,Christopher Berry,Kenneth Choi,
              Hannibal Buress,Martin Starr,Selenis Leyva,Tunde Adebimpe,John Penick,Isabella Amara,Jorge Lendeborg Jr.J. J. Totah,
              Abraham Attah,Tiffany Espensen,Angourie Rice,Michael Barbieri,Ethan Dizon,Martha Kelly,Kirk Thatcher,and last but not least Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee also has a cameo

Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, young Peter Parker returns home to live with his Aunt May. Under the watchful eye of mentor Tony Stark, Parker starts to embrace his newfound identity as Spider-Man. He also tries to return to his normal daily routine -- distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just a friendly neighborhood superhero. Peter must soon put his powers to the test when the evil Vulture emerges to threaten everything that he holds dear.

Geoff.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                The Shape Of Water 2017 (Via Sky Movies) I enjoyed this Fantasy/Sci-Fi for the most, only one scene did not make sense for me as it just was not needed IMO. None the less an enjoyable experience overall and recommended for the fan of the genre IMHO.....

Starring:- Sally Hawkins,Michael Shannon,Richard Jenkins,Doug Jones,Michael Stuhlbarg,Octavia Spencer,Michael Stuhlbarg,David HewlettNick Searcy,Stewart Arnott,
                Nigel Bennett,Lauren Lee Smith,Martin Roach,Allegra Fulton,John Kapelos and Morgan Kelly.

Elisa is a mute, isolated woman who works as a cleaning lady in a hidden, high-security government laboratory in 1962 Baltimore. Her life changes forever when she discovers the lab's classified secret -- a mysterious, scaled creature from South America that lives in a water tank. As Elisa develops a unique bond with her new friend, she soon learns that its fate and very survival lies in the hands of a hostile government agent and a marine biologist.

Geoff.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                  Too Many Crooks 1959(Via Talking Pictures Channel/ SKY 328). Classic UK B&W comedy leading role for Terry Thomas's in his usual roguish character, along with early roles for recognisable star's of they're own TV series and the famed Carry On films of yesteryear. If your into this particular genre you'll like this and it's still a good laugh in my book.....

Starring:- Terry-Thomas,George Cole,Brenda De Banzie,Bernard Bresslaw,Sidney James,Vera Day,Delphi Lawrence,John Le Mesurier,Sydney Tafler,Rosalie Ashley Nicholas Parsons,Terry Scott,Vilma Ann Leslie,Edie Martin,Tutte Lemkow,John Stuart,Joe Melia,Arthur Brough,Sam Kydd and Howard Pays.

Fingers (George Cole) and his gang of incompetent crooks try to rob the rich Bill Gordon (Terry-Thomas), but they come up empty-handed. Undeterred by the failure, Fingers plots to kidnap Gordon's daughter and hold her for ransom. But they can't even get that right, and instead they abduct Gordon's wife, Lucy (Brenda De Banzie), by mistake. Shockingly enough, Gordon is happy to be rid of his spouse, and ignores the ransom demands, so Lucy works with the gang to plot revenge.

Geoff.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                    Triple Frontier 2019 (Via Netflix) I really enjoyed this action flick with a host of modern TV and Film stars acting well together that has the possibility of a sequel ? If you like this genre of film that has a decent storyline as well as action when needed then this for you.......

Starring:- Ben Affleck,Oscar Isaac,Charlie Hunnam,Garrett Hedlund,Pedro Pascal,Adria Arjona,Louis Rodriguez,Juan Camilo Castillo, Reynaldo Gallegos,Madeline Wary and Michael Benjamin Hernandez.

Former Special Forces operatives reunite to plan a heist in a sparsely populated multi-border zone of South America. For the first time in their prestigious careers, these unsung heroes undertake this dangerous mission for themselves instead of the country. But when events take an unexpected turn and threaten to spiral out of control, their skills, their loyalties, and their morals are pushed to a breaking point in an epic battle for survival.

Geoff.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                      I have watched two films within days of each other one via Netflix the other Sky Cinema. Both are of the Sci-Fi genre one not as good as the trailer makes but is a good storyline as far as the drama goes and the other quite good that has a good twist at the end along with good drama and action sequences..

Annihilation 2018, I had wanted to watch this for a while as the trailer hinted at a good storyline, it has some good SFX and the storyline is quite good but needed a couple more action sequences to enhance the film IMPO, all that said it is still worth a gander if you like the Sci-Fi genre as at the end of the day I enjoyed watching.....

Starring:- Natalie Portman,Jennifer Jason Leigh,Gina Rodriguez,Tessa Thompson,Tuva Novotny,Oscar Isaac,Benedict Wong,Sonoya Mizuno and David Gyasi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrade 2018 Another film that was well worth waiting to watch, if you like Action/Sci-Fi then this is for you a low budget film that hit's the ball out of the park for me personally I thoroughly enjoyed this film that like I say has a good twist at the end......

Starring:-Logan Marshall-Green,Betty Gabriel,Harrison Gilbertson,Melanie Vallejo,Benedict Hardie,Linda Cropper,Simon Maiden,
                      Christopher Kirby,Clayton Jacobson,Sachin Joab,Michael M. Foster,Richard Cawthorne and Kai Bradley.

At the end of the day you either like or dislike films as everybody has different tastes and expectations which is what it is all about........

Geoff.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                      X