Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bazv
    olde rigger

Some ago we bought a 'British Heroes' box set online for peanuts !

Films included were Zulu Dawn,Game for Vultures,Ashanti and Wild Geese.
    Game for Vultures was a fair attempt at the Rhodesian war and we finally got round to watching The Wild Geese last night - I had never seen it before - mostly because I did not particularly like Richards Burton + Harris.
    Mostly pretty average movie with a few funnies but there was some nice aircraft action inc C130 Flight Deck footage

Comment

• 1batfastard
      Rank 5 Registered User

Hi All,
      Watched 'Red Tails' via BBCi only available till (20/11-01:50) so be quick if you want to watch it. While the acting is what you expect from a WW2 film the CGI is quite realistic to a point obviously at times you can tell the CGI rom actual footage especially on the static ground shots, none the less the battle footage looks impressive for that reason I enjoyed this film....

Starring:-Terrence Howard,Cuba Gooding, Jr,Nate Parker,David Oyelowo,Tristan Wilds,Ne-Yo,Elijah Kelley,Marcus T. Paulk,Leslie Odom Jr,Michael B. Jordan,
      Kevin Phillips,Andre Royo,Method Man,Bryan Cranston,Lee Tergesen,Gerald McRaney,Daniela Ruah,Paul Fox,Matthew Marsh,Lars van Riesen,Ryan Early,
      Henry Garrett,Robert Kazinsky,Rick Otto,Josh Dallas,Jermaine Johnson,Edwina Finley,Stacie Davis,Aml Ameen and Rupert Penry-Jones.

During World War II, the Civil Aeronautics Authority selects 13 black cadets to become part of an experimental program at the Tuskegee Institute in Alabama. The program aims at training "colored personnel" to become fighter pilots for the Army. However, discrimination, lack of institutional support and the racist belief that these men lacked the intelligence and aptitude for the job dog their every step. Despite this, the Tuskegee Airmen, as they become known, more than prove their worth.

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
        Rank 5 Registered User

Little Shop of Horrors

Rick Moranis finds a strange new kind of carnivorous plant which captivates the local media and makes him a celebrity and his workplace famous. The plant, however, has evil in mind.

Forgot how good this film was.

"Feed me, Seymour!"
        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
          Rank 5 Registered User

Hi All,
          I watched the very underrated Sci-Fi/Thriller 'Self/less' via (Sky Cinema) last night another film not relying on special effects just good acting and a good story set in the not to distant future... Starring:-Ryan Reynolds,Ben Kingsley,Matthew Goode,Michelle Dockery,Natalie Martinez,Victor Garber,
          Derek Luke,Brendon Mcarthy,Jaynee-Lynne Kinchen, Melora Hardin,Thomas Francis Murphy,Sandra Ellis Lafferty,Sam Page,Emily Tremaine,Mariana Vicente,Teri Wyble and Dylan Lowe.

Billionaire industrialist Damian Hale (Ben Kingsley) is master of his universe, until he encounters a foe that he can't defeat: cancer. His only hope is a radical medical procedure called "shedding," in which his consciousness is transferred to a healthy body. After the procedure, Damian, now called Edward (Ryan Reynolds), starts a new life in New Orleans, but he's plagued by disturbing images. When he delves into Edward's mysterious origin, he learns that some will kill to keep it secret.

Geoff.
          Last edited by 1batfastard; 17th November 2016, 19:48.

Comment

• jack windsor
            Rank 5 Registered User

The Outlaw Josey Wales does it for me every time...when it comes on tv I watch it and i'm never disappointed.

jack...
            Last edited by jack windsor; 17th November 2016, 21:32.

Comment

• topspeed
              Get on uppah !

I only watch movies with Morgans on them.

http://www.gomog.com/movies/movies.html
              Attached Files
              If it looks good, it will fly good !
              -Bill Lear & Marcel Dassault

http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Moggy C

You are a strange person.

God-awful cars, but each to their own.

Moggy
                "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• TonyT
                  Rank 5 Registered User

Glorified kit car and dire to boot.

Watched The Grand Tour, top gear on steroids, excellent though some was a bit laboured, drifting drifting and more bloody drifting.... And the death scenes, one was funny, two was funny, but the third was just trying to hard and ruined the idea.

Comment

• topspeed
                    Get on uppah !

Jolly good Moggy!

https://youtu.be/A90bV6QJnpk

Comment

• topspeed
                      Get on uppah !

Originally posted by Moggy C View Post
                      You are a strange person.

Moggy
                      How can you not adour this vehicle?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• DazDaMan
                        Rank 5 Registered User

Richard Hammond likes them, therefore I'm out.
                        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• TonyT
                          Rank 5 Registered User

Topspeed I am not correcting your spelling for the simple reason of correcting it as I realise English is probably not your first language, but to make a point, no matter how long winded..

The spelling is adore, the Adour is the engine that powers the Jag and Hawk, it was named that because it was a joint English / French project, France named theit engines after mountain ranges, Atlas etc. and England (RR) after rivers, Trent, Derwent, Tyne etc..... The Adour was French for a mountain river and that is where any self respecting car fan would shove a Morgan into.
                          Last edited by TonyT; 19th November 2016, 10:53.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                            Rank 5 Registered User

Christine

I think this is the second or third time in a month I've watched this. I mean, what's not to love about a car getting revenge on high school bullies??
                            Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• topspeed
                              Get on uppah !

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
                              Topspeed I am not correcting your spelling for the simple reason of correcting it as I realise English is probably not your first language, but to make a point, no matter how long winded..

The spelling is adore, the Adour is the engine that powers the Jag and Hawk, it was named that because it was a joint English / French project, France named theit engines after mountain ranges, Atlas etc. and England (RR) after rivers, Trent, Derwent, Tyne etc..... The Adour was French for a mountain river and that is where any self respecting car fan would shove a Morgan into.
                              Ok adore...I know there was something wrong when I spelled it.
                              I think the wooden look appeals to me...and sporty aeroplane likeness .
                              Attached Files

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                Rank 5 Registered User

Hi All,
                                What's happened to this thread all you Morgan freaks go and get your own thread.....

I watched the film 'Fiend Without A Face' via (Youtube) I was always mystified about this film, in my memory a scene I thought of never happened at all
                                It wasRaketaObezyana that put me onto it of which he has my gratitude Anyway a classic Sci-Fi movie it is what it is and looks very dated these days but watchable all the same if you like the genre. There also a few decent shots of B-52/B-47/Sabre and T-33's one shot of an early model B-52 in particular doing a very impressive steep banking turn to the left, if you like early classic Sci-Fi you'll love this...........

Starring:- Marshall Thompson,Kynaston Reeves,Michael Balfour,Kim Parker,Terry Kilburn,Gil Winfield,Shane Cordell,Stanley Maxted,James Dyrenforth and Kerrigan Prescott.

A Scientist, experimenting with telekinetic powers enhanced by a nearby nuclear power plant succeeds in creating a new form of life. This new creature grows in intelligence until it finally escapes his laboratory. Once outside the lab, and closer to its nuclear power source it multiplies. The creature is also invisible, so no one knows what it looks like... Courtesy of:-( harold.lind@airtouch.com )

Geoff.

Comment

• RaketaObezyana
                                  Rank 1 Registered User

Pleased that was the right film!. Has a very engaging simplicity that film.

I'm a fan of the genre and, for me, sci-fi peaked in 1951 with the original Michael Rennie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and "When Worlds Collide". The definitive "War of the Worlds" was only 2yrs away as well!.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                    Rank 5 Registered User

Hi All,
                                    RaketaObezyana,
                                    I agree with your sentiments these days they rely on to much CGI rather the plot of the movie and most actors just see these type of films as a pay cheque rather than looking at them as it's their job and give a good performance as the would in any other genre. Having said that there have been some quite good modern
                                    Sci-Fi films such as the recent one I watched (Self/less) starring Ben Kingsley and Ryan Reynolds is just one of them IMOHO....

I watched the short Horror film Knock-Knock via (Sky Cinema) a slow start but it's vital to the film plot and should serve as a warning if your ever tempted to cheat on your partner especially if your married and have kids.... Starring:-Keanu Reeves,Lorenza Izzo,Ana de Armas,Ignacia Allamand,Aaron Burns and Colleen Camp.

When a devoted husband and father is left home alone for the weekend, two stranded young women unexpectedly knock on his door for help. What starts out as a kind gesture results in a dangerous seduction and a deadly game of cat and mouse. A sexy new thriller from director Eli Roth and written for the screen by Eli Roth & Nicols Lpez & Guillermo Amoedo and story by Anthony Overman and Michael Ronald, KNOCK KNOCK stars Keanu Reeves as the family man who falls into temptation and Lorenza Izzo and Ana de Armas as the seductresses who wreak havoc upon his life, turning a married man's dark fantasy into his worst nightmare
                                    (Above description courtesy of Lionsgate )

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

A friend of mine got me a signed photo for my birthday of Ke Huy Quan who played Short Round in the film, so it made sense to watch the film last night!
                                      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• RpR
                                        RpR
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

ABE LINCOLN: Vampire Hunter

Much, much better than I expected .

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                          Rank 5 Registered User

Hi All,
                                          Watched 50 Dead Men Walking last night a really good short low budget british Thriller/Drama based on true events that happened in Nth.Ireland well recommended.... Starring:-Ben Kingsley,Jim Sturgess,Kevin Zegers,Natalie Press,Rose McGowan,Tom Collins,William Houston,Michael McElhatton,Gerard Jordan,Kris Edlund and Paschal Friel.

Marty McGartland, aged 16-17 street hustler from Ireland, living in the 1980s. He gets noticed by the Provisional Irish Republican Army, but thinks their cruel justice is no good. The British want to use Marty as well, because of his connection to the community undetected. The British police want him to infiltrate and spy on the IRA. Marty decides to work for the police because of his IRA dislike. He soon forgets his political preferences when his powerful position takes over. Despite fearing that the IRA will find out about his spying, he builds up a new sense of self esteem. Afraid his family and friends will be murdered if they are informed, Marty starts to lead a double life. Even his new girlfriend Lara knows nothing of his work.

Things start to take their toll when the British sell them out. They explain their system could fall down and reveal Marty was their bait all along. The IRA capture and torture Marty, but he is able to escape. His best friend and former British police colleague finds Marty and decides to help him hide. Marty knows the IRA will turn to his family and is forced to make a decision, saving himself or his beloved ones.
                                          ( Courtesy of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1097643/ )

Geoff.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X