Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ~Alan~
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post
    Hi All,
    I watched an excellent biopic last night (Sky Cinema) Love and Mercy about the life of beach boys legend Brian Wilson if you like biopics or music history in general you'll love this film as always up to the individual taste.......

Geoff.
    I must get to see this. Pet Sounds was the first LP I ever bought. Brian Wilson was one of the top song writers of the last century.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

• ~Alan~
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Mar 2010

We watched The Grand Budapest Hotel tonight, recorded on Film4.
      A really entertaining film, a lot of very good humour.
      Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

• DazDaMan
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Aug 2003

A few WW1 aviation flicks over the past couple of days:

Zeppelin

Michael York goes on a secret mission to infiltrate a German factory building a top secret new Zeppelin prototype. Great fun.

Von Richthofen and Brown

Much-maligned film about the Red Baron and the man who supposedly shot him down. Actually not that bad - great flight scenes, at any rate, and worth watching for those alone.

Aces High

My favourite WW1 film, based on the play Journey's End but featuring the Royal Flying Corps instead of the army. Great flying scenes and strong performances all round.
        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2013

Hi All,
          Alan,
          If you like Brian Wilson you'll really like It's a very compressed life story but shows hoe manipulative his personal Dr was in his life so sad really but just glad of the outcome of it all..

Last night I watched the remake of 'When The Earth Stood Still' (Sky Cinema) not one of Mr Reeves better films but watchable if you like the Sci-Fi genre messes with the original time line of events a bit compared to the original but basically all the elements are there. As always it's all down to personal taste and I enjoyed it for what it was..

Starring:- Keanu Reeves,Jennifer Connelly,Jaden Smith,Kathy Bates,Jon Hamm,John Cleese,Kyle Chandler,Robert Knepper,James Hong and John Rothman.

Klaatu (Keanu Reeves), an extraterrestrial visitor to planet Earth, becomes the herald of upheaval on a global scale. As the world's governments and scientists race to understand what is happening and how to stop it, Dr. Helen Benson (Jennifer Connelly) and her stepson come to understand the chilling ramifications behind Klaatu's statement that he is a "friend to the Earth."

Geoff.

Comment

• Moggy C
            • Jan 2000

Recently saw Bridget Jones's Baby at the local picture palace.

I enjoyed the first one, didn't think the second one measured up, but in my opinion the latest iteration is the best of the lot.

We laughed a great deal. It's not just a chick-flick in my opinion.

Moggy
            "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• Amreti
              • Oct 2016

Recently I started watching again cinema classics, which is available in 4K. Fortunately, the connection speed is now lets me do this.

Comment

• 27vet
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Nov 2009

I watched this one tonight. Gave it a good score. Appears to be made in Aussie

'41' (2012) Full Movie - 1080p - Time Travel Film PG13

A young man discovers a hole in the floor of a local motel that leads to yesterday.

Dark Epic Films presents a Glenn Triggs Film.

WINNER* Rhode Island Flickers Film Festival. Las Vegas Film Festival. Maverick Movie Awards. Made in Melbourne Film Festival. (2012/2013).

Starring: Chris Gibson, Dafna Kronental, David Macrae, Menik Gooneratne, Nick Antoniades, Glen Hancox, Anne Cordiner, Robert Plazek, Shane Lee, Keith Gordon, Bethia Triggs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5mnqxwErTk
                sigpicHindsight is what you see from the tailgunner's position...

Comment

• DazDaMan
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Aug 2003

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Need I say more?
                  Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 27vet
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Nov 2009

Get outta here! I love the Indiana Jones films. I have one or two of them on DVD back home and will eventually get the others.
                    sigpicHindsight is what you see from the tailgunner's position...

Comment

• DazDaMan
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Aug 2003

Yeah, Raiders is one of my go-to films when I'm having a crap day! There's just something about it that instantly works to cheer me up!
                      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• wl745
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Aug 2007

Deepwater Horizon,the BP(contracted)rig that blew in the gulf of Mexico.Excellent movie,all those who drive a car etc should see this movie and see where your petrol comes from!

Comment

• DazDaMan
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Aug 2003

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

And not the crap remake, either. The proper original version.
                          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• DazDaMan
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Aug 2003

A Street Cat Named Bob

True story about a former drug addict who turns his life around after finding a sick ginger cat.

Really good, and quite heartwarming. Definitely need some tissues for it, though, or, if you're a bloke, "I've got something in my eye".
                            Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                              From a film with a cat to a film with a dog... I watched the film 'Max' via (Sky Cinema) last night and enjoyed the film more than I thought I would. If you like dogs it should be right up your alley. The film is dedicated to all the armed forces dogs that have served all armed forces in all conflicts around the world..

If you do watch the film can anybody spot the Spitfire....?

Starring:-Carlos as Max (Main star Of the film obviously),Josh Wiggins,Dejon LaQuake,Thomas Haden Church,Robbie Amell,Lauren Graham,Luke Kleintank,Jay Hernandez,Miles Mussenden,Mia Xitlali,Owen Harn and Joseph Julian Soria as

After U.S. Marine Kyle Wincott is killed in Afghanistan, Max, his highly trained service dog, is too traumatized to remain in service. Back in the U.S., Kyle's family adopts the dog, but teenage brother Justin (Josh Wiggins) has problems of his own and doesn't want the animal. However, Max may be Justin's only chance to learn what really happened to his brother. With the help of a dog-savvy friend, Justin and Max begin to bond, and set out to unravel the mystery of Kyle's death.

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Aug 2003

Geoff

I saw Max once a while ago, and thought it was quite good. Don't remember the Spitfire, though!
                                Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by DazDaMan View Post
                                  Geoff

I saw Max once a while ago, and thought it was quite good. Don't remember the Spitfire, though!
                                  Hi All,
                                  Daz,
                                  Trick question matey I had to rewind to make sure what it was but the spitfire is there matey only for a few seconds... I'll give it a week and if nobody can spot what I spotted then I'll tell all.....

Geoff.

Geoff

Comment

• hampden98
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post
                                    Hi All,
                                    Alan,
                                    If you like Brian Wilson you'll really like It's a very compressed life story but shows hoe manipulative his personal Dr was in his life so sad really but just glad of the outcome of it all..

Last night I watched the remake of 'When The Earth Stood Still' (Sky Cinema) not one of Mr Reeves better films but watchable if you like the Sci-Fi genre messes with the original time line of events a bit compared to the original but basically all the elements are there. As always it's all down to personal taste and I enjoyed it for what it was..

Starring:- Keanu Reeves,Jennifer Connelly,Jaden Smith,Kathy Bates,Jon Hamm,John Cleese,Kyle Chandler,Robert Knepper,James Hong and John Rothman.

Klaatu (Keanu Reeves), an extraterrestrial visitor to planet Earth, becomes the herald of upheaval on a global scale. As the world's governments and scientists race to understand what is happening and how to stop it, Dr. Helen Benson (Jennifer Connelly) and her stepson come to understand the chilling ramifications behind Klaatu's statement that he is a "friend to the Earth."

Geoff.
                                    A much underrated but excellent film in my opinion. One of my favourites.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Aug 2003

Monsters University

Not-too-shabby prequel to the first wildly successful "Monsters" film from Pixar.
                                      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                                        I watched 'Strategic Air Command' via (Sky Cinema) an excellent film OMHO fantastic aerial footage of both B-36 and B-45 would have loved to hear a B-36 must have sounded just great.... Starring:-James Stewart,June Allyson,Frank Lovejoy,Bruce Bennett,Barry Sullivan,Alex Nicol,Jay C. Flippen and Harry Morgan.

Saga of the US Air Force special bomber unit during the Cold War era. A professional baseball player is recalled to military service because of the expert flying skills he acquired during World War II. Although the athlete and his wife are both reluctant to give up civilian life, both come to realize the importance of the defense mission. The film features spectacular aerial footage of big bombers on manoeuvres

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Aug 2003

Battle of Britain

Need I say more?

Trainspotting

Danny Boyle's classic comedy-drama about the highs and lows of a group of drug-taking friends in Edinburgh. It's a classic for a good reason.
                                          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X