Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1batfastard
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2013

Hi All,
    Watched 'Surveillance' via (Sky Movies) was panned by a few critics but won the 2008 'Festival de Cine de Sitges' also won 'Best Diector and Best Female' actress for the child actress at the 'New York City Horror Film Festival'. I enjoyed the film which has a good twist to the plot in the last third at the end of the day you either like it or not. The film is not to busy and relies on the actors talents to carry it for the most a good short film I recommend..

Starring:- Julia Ormond,Bill Pullman,Pell James,Ryan Simpkins,Michael Ironside,French Stewart,Kent Harper,Mac Miller,Hugh Dillon and Cheri Oteri.

After a spree of horrific murders in the New Mexico desert, two FBI agents arrive at a small Sante Fe police station to interview the key witnesses. Using elaborate surveillance equipment to view the interrogations simultaneously, Sam Hallaway watches as his partner cross examines the three survivors. As several inconsistencies emerge, it becomes clear that somebody in the room knows the truth behind the slayings.

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 29th June 2016, 19:17.

Comment

• J Boyle
      With malice towards none
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post
      Hi All,
      ...Zamparini hugging I assume his mother alongside what looks like a B-25, this was replaced for some reason with what looked like a Beech C-45. Considering that the B-25 are sill extent especially in the US why when the cost of standing next to an original would be negligible compared to the C-45. Geoff.
      The film was shot in Australia. Look at all the credits....
      There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

• DazDaMan
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Aug 2003

Forrest Gump

Still a great movie. Doesn't look its age at all!
        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by J Boyle View Post
          The film was shot in Australia. Look at all the credits....
          Hi All,
          Mr Boyle,
          I will look at the credits as you say I just watched the film and enjoyed it, it's just when it's supposed to be an historical drama on such subject matter the director for that one small scene either couldn't be arsed or had ran out of money to film that very,very short shot and let the film down but that's just me...

As you say shot in Australia that would explain the lack of a B-25 (Unsure whether or not any B-25's in Australia ?) still being as the film was about US air-crew being imprisoned then returning to the USA you would have thought a little attention to what was an actual scene recreated from actual historic events yes ?

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Aug 2003

The Shallows

Blake Lively (aka Mrs Ryan Reynolds) goes surfing at an idyllic beach, but becomes trapped on an outcrop of rocks after being attacked by a non-too convincing CGI great white shark.

Not bad, but not brilliant. Methinks part of the disappointment was that, despite the advances in CGI, film-makers still cannot do a shark justice! I'll have to watch the film again, though, to give it a better review.
            Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jan 2013

Hi All,
              Last week I watched 'One Night In Istanbul on Sun (Via Sky Cinema) then Odd Thomas on Thu (Recorded from Film4) 1st film funny in places but if your a Liverpool fan you'll love it, 2nd film starring the recently departed 'Anton Yelchin' A supernatural fantasy that's quite good if your into that genre you should like it nothing spectacular just a watchable film.....

One night In Istanbul Starring:-Steven Waddington,Paul Barber as Gerry,Lucien Laviscount,Samantha Womack,Gamze Seber,Ingvar Eggert Sigursson
              Mark Womack and Natasha Jones. All from various British tv soaps and other series.

Two down on their luck Liverpool cabbies, Tommy and Gerry, strike an unusual deal with a local gangster to take their sons on a trip of a lifetime, to watch their beloved football team play in the European Cup Final in Istanbul. Hoping to use the trip as a chance to bond with their sons, big trouble awaits them in the form of a sexy hotel chambermaid, two ruthless crooks on a mission and a bag of counterfeit cash.

Odd Thomas Starring:- Anton Yelchin.Jack Justice,Addison Timlin,Robin Lanning,Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Viola,Shuler Hensley,Leonor Varela,Willem Dafoe,
              Melissa Ordway,Nico Tortorella Kyle McKeever. Cameo appearances by Patton Oswalt,Matthew Page,Morse Bicknel,Ashley Sommers and Arnold Vosloo .

A clairvoyant cook (Anton Yelchin) joins forces with his sweetheart (Addison Timlin) and the town sheriff (Willem Dafoe) to prevent an unknown catastrophe that may be linked to a weird stranger.

Geoff.
              Last edited by 1batfastard; 9th July 2016, 12:14.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Aug 2003

A Yank in the RAF

Watchable WW2 flick starring Tyrone Power and Betty Grable, and featuring surviving Spitfire R6915.
                Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                  Going on an Alien binge started last night with 'Prometheus' 2nd time now,(Via Film4) not liked by many but I liked it a lot... With the new Ridley Scott directed 'Alien Covenant' coming out soon and two moor prequels also in the pipe line Alien fans are in for a treat. I just hope these prequels that follow on it will put into perspective 'Prometheus' and flesh out the story behind the engineers better than what we had in 'Prometheus'...

Starring:-Noomi Rapace,Michael Fassbender,Charlize Theron,Idris Elba,Guy Pearce,Logan Marshall-Green,Sean Harris,Rafe Spall,Emun Elliott,
                  Benedict Wong,Kate Dickie,Branwell Donaghey and Vladimir 'Furdo' Furdik .

The discovery of a clue to mankind's origins on Earth leads a team of explorers to the darkest parts of the universe. Two brilliant young scientists lead the expedition. Shaw (Noomi Rapace) hopes that they will meet a race of benevolent, godlike beings who will in some way verify her religious beliefs, while Holloway (Logan Marshall-Green) is out to debunk any spiritual notions. However, neither the scientists nor their shipmates are prepared for the unimaginable terrors that await them.

Geoff.
                  Last edited by 1batfastard; 11th July 2016, 16:00.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                    Alien 1979 (Via Film4) Still even with the adverts a stand out film despite unbelievably being nearly forty years old.......
                    Starring:-Tom Skerritt,Sigourney Weaver,Veronica Cartwright,Harry Dean Stanton,John Hurt,Ian Holm and Yaphet Kotto.

In deep space, the crew of the commercial starship Nostromo is awakened from their cryo-sleep capsules halfway through their journey home to investigate a distress call from an alien vessel. The terror begins when the crew encounters a nest of eggs inside the alien ship. An organism from inside an egg leaps out and attaches itself to one of the crew, causing him to fall into a coma.

Geoff.

Comment

• hampden98
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Sep 2009

He Never Died

An immortal hitman who is also a cannibal.
                      Black Comedy, at least I thought it was. Worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/6QK2T7I5uUA

Comment

• 1batfastard
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                        Aliens stand alone movie in it's own right and a worthy sequel to Alien... Starring:-Sigourney Weaver,Michael Biehn,,Paul Reiser,Lance Henriksen
                        Carrie Henn,Bill Paxton,William Hope,Jenette Goldstein and Al Matthews,Mark Rolston,Colette Hiller,Daniel Kash,Cynthia Dale Scott, Ricco Ross,
                        Tip Tipping,Trevor Steedman,Paul Maxwell and Carl Toop.

After floating in space for 57 years, Lt. Ripley's (Sigourney Weaver) shuttle is found by a deep space salvage team. Upon arriving at LV-426, the marines find only one survivor, a nine year old girl named Newt (Carrie Henn). But even these battle-hardened marines with all the latest weaponry are no match for the hundreds of aliens that have invaded the colony.

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Aug 2003

Aliens is awesome. My mate and I know it virtually word for word!

The last film I watched was Jaws on blu-ray.
                          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                            Alien 3 the weaker of the first three films but still watchable good towards the end but story wise another Ripley last survivor story again, they should have at least fleshed the story to getting back to earth then having for whatever reason had to go elsewhere to further the story line IMHO.
                            Starring:- Sigourney Weaver,Charles S. Dutton,Charles Dance,Paul McGann,Brian Glover,Ralph Brown,Danny Webb,Christopher John Fields,Holt McCallany,
                            Lance Henriksen,Christopher Fairbank,Carl Chase,Leon Herbert,Vincenzo Nicoli, and Pete Postlethwaite.

Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) is the only survivor when she crash lands on Fiorina 161, a bleak wasteland inhabited by former inmates of the planet's maximum security prison. Once again, Ripley must face scepticism and the alien as it hunts down the prisoners and guards. Without weapons or modern technology of any kind, Ripley leads the men into battle against the terrifying creature.

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Aug 2003

Jaws 2 on blu-ray. Great transfer - looked like it was made last week.

Aliens - still awesome.
                              Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• jaysamuel
                                Rank 2 Registered User
                                • Feb 2016

I watched conjuring 2 horror movie i heard some people have dead because of this movie...

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                                  Well 'Alien Resurrection' a better film than 3 IMO but the story a bit fanciful, having said that worth watching as the films flies past once it gets going, and have just watched an alternative ending which should have been kept in IMHO. The alternative ending would have given a more open step-off if they wanted to film another such as the director 'Steven Blomkamp' wants to along with 'Sigourney Weaver'. Unfortunately his idea is to carry on from where 'Aliens' left off and forget all about 3 and Resurrection which on the whole is a better vision. The problem is that 'Ridley Scott' has thrown a massive spanner in the works by announcing a further two sequel's to 'Alien Covenant' the 'Prometheus' sequel now in production so until they have been released there is no chance that he will hand the reigns over to 'Mr Blomkamp'.

Two hundred years have passed since Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) died on Fiorina 161. Aboard the medical research vessel USM Auriga, a team of scientists clone Ripley from her extracted DNA and removes the alien Queen embryo which was growing inside her at the time of her death.
                                  Starring:- Sigourney Weaver,Winona Ryder,Ron Perlman,Dan Hedaya,J. E. Freeman,Brad Dourif and Michael Wincott.

Alternative ending of Alien Resurrection.

Geoff.
                                  Last edited by 1batfastard; 14th July 2016, 16:15.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                                    Watched 'Red' last night (2nd time) recorded via 'Film4' still a good comedy action and worth a watch in anybody's book.
                                    Starring:-Bruce Willis,Morgan Freeman,John Malkovich,Helen Mirren,Karl Urban,Mary-Louise Parker,Rebecca Pidgeon,Brian Cox,Richard Dreyfuss,
                                    Julian McMahon,Ernest Borgnine and James Remar.

After surviving an assault from a squad of hit men, retired CIA agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) reassembles his old team for an all-out war. Frank reunites with old Joe (Morgan Freeman), crazy Marvin (John Malkovich) and wily Victoria (Helen Mirren) to uncover a massive conspiracy that threatens their lives. Only their expert training will allow them to survive a near-impossible mission -- breaking into CIA headquarters.

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Aug 2003

RED is great fun,although I've yet to see the second installment.

Deadpool was the last film I watched. Still a good laugh, with some gratuitous violence as well.
                                      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                                        Daz,
                                        Red holds it own but apparently Red 2 not so much but each to their own at the end of the day I enjoyed it and that's all that counts in my book....

I watched 'Ken Russell's-The Devils' last night make sure you either have plenty of booze or take some drugs when watching this film It's definitely a film that is from the word go disturbing with very mature themes while based on true characters and historical facts. What I will say is if you watch the film through to the end it has to be one of 'Oliver Reed's' best performances especially the last third but on the whole I watched for the experience as it was recommended on a film show.

Starring:- Oliver Reed,Vanessa Redgrave,Dudley Sutton,Max Adrian,Gemma Jones,Murray Melvin,Michael Gothard,Georgina Hale,Brian Murphy,John Woodvine Christopher Logue,Kenneth Colley,Graham Armitage,Andrew Faulds and Judith Paris.

In 17th-century France, Father Grandier (Oliver Reed) is a priest whose unorthodox views on sex and religion influence a passionate following of nuns, including the sexually obsessed Sister Jeanne (Vanessa Redgrave). When the power-hungry Cardinal Richelieu (Christopher Logue) realizes he must eliminate Grandier to gain control of France, Richelieu portrays Grandier as a satanist and spearheads a public outcry to destroy the once-loved priest's reputation.

Geoff.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Aug 2003

Eagle Squadron

Robert Stack plays a gung-ho American volunteer who joins the Eagle Squadron in 1941, flying Spitfires on ops over the Channel and falling in love with an English girl.

Some of the effects aren't bad, and the flying sequences pretty good, but that's about it!
                                          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X