• Show
Clear All

Crossing point.
    If it looks good, it will fly good !
    -Bill Lear & Marcel Dassault

http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Star Wars - The Force Awakens

I must have been the only person on the planet who hadn't seen this, so I borrowed the DVD off my mum.

Yep, pretty bloody good!
      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Originally posted by DazDaMan View Post

I must have been the only person on the planet who hadn't seen this, so I borrowed the DVD off my mum.

Yep, pretty bloody good!

Death Race 2000 with Rutans vari viggen.

Comment

Tremors

Giant, man-eating worms threaten Kevin Bacon's little desert town in America.

Brilliant fun!
          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Hi All,
            Last night I watched the Metallica film 'Through The Never' an excellent stage show interspersed with a story in the background, Starring:- Dane DeHaan,James Hetfield as himself,Lars Ulrich,Kirk Hammett,Robert Trujillo and Mackenzie Gray..........

As the rock band Metallica performs a roaring set for fans in a sold-out arena, a young roadie named Trip (Dane DeHaan) is sent on a mission to meet a disabled truck and retrieve a particular item. However, the routine task turns into a surreal odyssey when Trip's van is hit by another vehicle and he finds himself up against a death-dealing horseman. As Trip flees through desolate streets, he has only his wits to help him avoid the deadly equestrian and deliver Metallica's cargo.

Geoff.

Comment

Originally posted by DazDaMan View Post

No, there's at least two of us. I've never seen a Star War film all the way through.
              Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

And another. I did take my son to see the first film last century some time but haven't watched any of the subsequent versions. Like a few million others I guess.
                Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Comment

Fright Night and Vamp

Two under-rated classic vampire flicks from the 1980s. Stuff this Lost Boys malarkey!!
                  Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

John Wick
                    Keano Reeves as a pissed off hitman killing everyone.
                    Good `head shot` action.

Comment

Have finally seen Skyfall. Not that keen on Daniel Craig but enjoyed the film with Bardem as a marvellously coiffured blond villain and great to see Albert Finney as the old gamekeeper at the end.
                      Charlie

Comment

Von Richthofen and Brown

Ignore the acting and the historical accuracy (Roy Brown flying an SE.5a?!) and just watch the flying. It's good for that alone.
                        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Only Angles Have Wings (1938).
                          An independent woman traveling in South America meets a group of American pilots flying the mail through the Andies. She learns their callousness to the death of their fellow pilots is actually a defense mechanism. Directed by Howard Hawks, a Great War flier. Paul Mantz did the flying.

Cary Grant is the chief pilot, Jean Arthur as the plucky dame...and Hamilton Metalplanes, Ford Tri-Motor, Stinson Detroiter and Boeing 40.

A classic, and one of the best flying films ever.
                          Last edited by J Boyle; 8th May 2016, 04:30.
                          There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

Florence Foster Jenkins - extremely good film directed with his usual panache by Stephen Frears with excellent performances from Meryl Streep - pitch imperfect!! - Simon Helberg and especially Hugh Grant, who, when free of his rather predictable "romcom" straitjacket, is an accomplished actor.
                            Charlie

Comment

Hi All,
                              Watched the film 'Robot And Frank' (Available on BBCi till16/5 but also available on Youtube) Quite funny in parts enjoyed it for what it was.
                              An aging, cantankerous ex-cat burglar (Frank Langella) finds his zest for life renewed when he trains his robotic caretaker to help him commit heists...

Starring:- Frank Langella,Susan Sarandon,Peter Sarsgaard,Rachael Ma,James Marsden,Liv Tyler,Caine Sheppard,Jeremy Strong,Jeremy Sisto,Katherine Waterston Ana Gasteyer and Joshua Ormond.

Geoff.
                              Last edited by 1batfastard; 13th May 2016, 22:11.

Comment

This is a real good movie...NEERJA; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg2Td6tH4FQ

Comment

Hi All,
                                  I watched another 'Mads Mikkelsen' film last Thursday evening called 'The Salvation' a half decent low budget revenge story western with some subtitles......
                                  Starring:- Mads Mikkelsen,Eva Green,Jeffrey Dean Morgan,Eric Cantona,Mikael Persbrandt,Douglas Henshall,Michael Raymond-James,JonathanPryce,
                                  Alex Arnold,Nanna land Fabricius. Available on Sky Movies.

After shooting the man who murdered his wife, a Danish settler (Mads Mikkelsen) incurs the wrath of the man's brother (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), a ruthless land baron who rules their frontier town.

Geoff.
                                  Last edited by 1batfastard; 23rd May 2016, 13:15.

Comment

Deadpool

Not a fan, generally, of Marvel comic characters, but I really enjoyed this more than I thought. Not for kids, though!

Eddie The Eagle

None-too-bad comedy biopic of skier Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards. Pretty good fun.
                                    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Hi All,
                                      I watched Sabotage recorded from C5 22/5 I thought this was a good film not to busy but when it is good action..........
                                      Starring:-Arnold Schwarzenegger,Sam Worthington,Mireille Enos,Olivia Williams,Terrence Howard,Joe Manganiello,Harold Perrineau,Martin Donovan,
                                      Max Martini,Josh Holloway and Troy Garity.

John "Breacher" Wharton (Arnold Schwarzenegger) leads an elite DEA task force. Its latest mission is a high-stakes raid on a safe house owned by one of the world's deadliest drug cartels. Wharton and his team (Sam Worthington, Terrence Howard, Joe Manganiello) complete the mission successfully but secretly steal $10 million for themselves. They think their work is done -- until, one-by-one, the commandos are mysteriously killed. As the body count rises, everyone becomes a suspect.

Geoff.
                                      Last edited by 1batfastard; 30th May 2016, 13:52.

Comment

Hi All,
                                        I watched another good low budget film available on (Sky Movies) 'We Still Kill The Old Way' the film even has a nod to another good film see if you can guess which, easily watchable again.... Starring :-Ian Ogilvy,Alison Doody, Susan Taylor,Christopher Ellison,Danny-Boy Hatchard,Lysette Anthony,James Cosmo,Steven Berkoff,Nathan Clarke,Tony Denham,Dani Dyer,Nicky Henson Houghton
                                        John Samuel Kande,Red Madrell,Anouska Mond,Sagar Radia and Adele Silva.

A retired East End gangster, Ritchie Archer, returns to London from Spain to investigate the violent sadistic murder of his brother, Charlie, at the hands of a local street gang called E2. In the process, Ritchie discovers that the police are pussyfooting around the case, out of incompetence, fear or both. Ritchie and his old mates gather to pay their last respects to Charlie, and then set about getting revenge.

Geoff.

Comment

JAWS

Need I say more?
                                          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Working...
                                          X