"Gentleman, you can't fight in here, this is the war room!"

Comment

King Kong

The original and best.
      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Hi All,
        Watched 'Avengers Age Of Ultron' excellent movie in the superhero's genre and the 2hr's 15mins running time passes quickly and well worth watching again.....

Geoff.

Comment

watched "the Aviator" last night. Did'nt Howard Hughes believe in seat belts and shoulder harness/straps?

Comment

Dad's Army. Very ordinary and sadly my original reservations when it was announced were pretty much confirmed. A few good gags but a stand out performance from Toby Jones who invested Mainwaring with so much more without taking anything away from Arthur Lowe. A harmless, innocuous and mildly amusing 100 minutes.
            Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Comment

A Double Feature over the last 2 days -
              First up was 'Five Came Back' 1939 - John Carradine,Lucille Ball - using the infamous Capelis XC12 as a twin engine Airliner which force lands in the remote jungle of S America,they eventually fly it out but the catch is that it cannot take all the passengers.
              This film was remade in 1956 as 'Back From Eternity' - Robert Ryan and Anita 'outstanding' Ekberg using a DC3 - both these films were enjoyable to watch even just for airport locations etc !

Comment

Ted 2

OK follow-up to the original, but basically same Ted, different day.

The Reef

Good-looking Aussie kids go on a yacht, manage to get into difficulties, and end up having to swim for land. If that wasn't bad enough, there's a great white lurking around as well....!

Predator

Need I say more?
                Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

I recorded War Horse a couple of weeks ago, but have put off watching it
                  until today.
                  Not a bad couple of hours. A reasonable film.
                  Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Hi All,
                    I Watched 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' last night and a good bit of escapism, surprisingly the film passes quite quickly..........

Geoff.

Comment

Nightcrawler - Jake Gyllenhall. Unusual by very good indeed. He is excellent.
                      Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Comment

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Battle of Britain

Need I say more?
                        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

The World's End

Have watched this a few times recently, and I'm starting to finally get it. Not as good as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, of course, but still bloody good fun!
                          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

'Sammy Going South' 1963
                            10 year old Sammy's parents are killed in a Suez air raid in 1956 - he treks south to find an Aunt in Durban.
                            Starring Fergus McClelland and Edward G.
                            Really lovely film - mostly shot in Africa

Comment

Hi All,
                              Watched this truly moving at times film you can understand some of the hate from the coloured community in the US after this dramatization of an event in US history, well worth watching......
                              Although the Civil Rights Act of 1964 legally desegregated the South, discrimination was still rampant in certain areas, making it very difficult for blacks to register to vote. In 1965, an Alabama city became the battleground in the fight for suffrage. Despite violent opposition, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (David Oyelowo) and his followers pressed forward on an epic march from Selma to Montgomery, and their efforts culminated in President Lyndon Johnson signing the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Geoff.

Comment

Well the last film I saw at the cinema was Dr Dollitle with Eddie Murphy in 1998.

Gues the cinema has changed a bit since then, especially the prices!
                                "We can all make mistakes" said the Dalek climbing off the dustbin.

Comment

Hi All,
                                  Watched the last Terminator Gynysis I enjoyed the film but not a patch on 1 or 2 really but not as bad as what many people make out, just two things stick out in my mind firstly if the old Terminator kills the original how could he then possibly survive to fight others ? (Time travel Grandfather paradox).
                                  The second was the funniest moments in the film when he has learnt how to smile

Geoff.

Comment

The Great Escape

Need I say more?
                                    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Oh What a Lovely War......... First time I've watch it.

A lot better than I imagined
                                      Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Hi All,
                                        Watched the 'Howard Hawkes' production of 'The Big Sky' last night off BBCi, watched it before still a good watch IMO but not to everybody's taste admittedly. A rather romanticised outdated nowadays view of the pioneering days of the 1800's along the Missouri River from the settlers point of view to trade with Indians. Starring Kirk Douglas,Dewey Martin,Elizabeth Threatt,Arthur Hunnicutt,Buddy Baer,Steven Geray,Henri Letondal,Hank Worden and Jim Davis.

In 1830, two tough Kentucky mountaineers join a trading expedition from St. Louis up the Missouri River to trade whisky for furs with the Blackfoot Indians. They soon discover that there is much more than the elements to contend with. Based on the novel by AB Guthrie, Jr.

Geoff.
                                        Last edited by 1batfastard; 26th March 2016, 15:46.

Comment

Watched 'Bush Pilot' 1947 again last night - not the best of productions LOL
                                          But it had 3 lovely floatplanes involved inc a gorgeous Howard DGA 8S - this is not a still from the film,the film is not such high quality LOL

It is on youtube if you fancy a laugh : ),but the aircraft scenes are nice !

Comment

Working...
                                          X