Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sicario

Excellent film.
    If it is pointing fingers, not sure at just whom the film is aimed, but it hits a few.
    Does a number to the cinema macho babe genre though.
    Last edited by RpR; 24th December 2015, 06:10.

Comment

Hi All,
      A Beautiful Mind on Monday and Whiplash last night both excellent dramas and well worth watching....
      A Beautiful Mind is a 2001 American biographical drama film based on the life of John Nash, a Nobel Laureate in Economics. The film was directed by Ron Howard, from a screenplay written by Akiva Goldsman. It was inspired by a bestselling, Pulitzer Prize-nominated 1998 book of the same name by Sylvia Nasar. Starring Russell Crowe,Ed Harris,Jennifer Connelly,Paul Bettany,Adam Goldberg,Judd Hirsch,Josh Lucas,Anthony Rapp and Christopher Plummer......

Whiplash is a 2014 American drama film written and directed by Damien Chazelle based on his experiences in the Princeton High School Studio Band.[3] Starring Miles Teller and J. K. Simmons and others, the film depicts the relationship between an ambitious jazz student (Teller) and an abusive instructor (Simmons). Great music and a fantastic ending......

Geoff.

Comment

Finally saw the latest Bond film.
        It manages to walk the fine line between being too serious to be any fun and too campy (like the best forgotten Roger Moore-era).

Anyone notice the quick shot at MI6 HQ of the memorial of agents who lost their lives?
        One name...Emma Pill...so someone has a sense of humour.

Lots of ac...the Red Bull BO-105 acrobatic helicopter was fun and the silly Islander prolonged crash (as seen in the trailer, so I'm not spoiling anything)...the engines run forever after losing its wings ,and presumably, it fuel supply. Also, the wings came off very cleanly...:0 Somebody call the CAA.
        There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

Four Lions

A group of young Muslim men plot to commit a terrorist attack on London, although it definitely doesn't go according to plan.

Not a bad film.
          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Inside Out from Pixar

I finished this touchable movie in the cinema and cried about three times. After I bought the dvd, I just watch dvd movies on ipad air 2 at home alone, then I was cried whole the time.............

Comment

Vampire Circus

An Austrian village is set upon by a scourge of vampires from the local travelling circus. Cue lots of nasty goings on and some boobage. Good fun.

Countess Dracula

Ingrid Pitt plays a Hungarian countess who discovers that the only way to remain youthful is to drain the blood of local virgins. Boobs and blood abound.

Jaws 3

Giant rubber shark mayhem, only this time in a brand-new oceanarium in Florida.

Jaws: The Revenge

The silliest one of the lot sees the Brody family menaced by a great white shark in the Bahamas, seemingly bent on finishing them all off.
              Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

The Force Awakens....3 times.
                If it looks good, it will fly good !
                -Bill Lear & Marcel Dassault

http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DazDaMan View Post
                  Four Lions

A group of young Muslim men plot to commit a terrorist attack on London, although it definitely doesn't go according to plan. Not a bad film.
                  It is worth pointing out that this is a comedy, a dark comedy, and is one of the funniest films I've seen in years; it is an excellent British film and I would recommend it to anybody.
                  WA$.

Comment

Very true. I will have to watch it again.
                    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

I agree about the Four Lions, very good film.

Watched The Imitation Game tonight. A lot better than I expected.
                      Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Star Wars: the Force Awakens

I now realize why after the third of the first three, I wondered if this was a waste of moeny, it was..

Comment

Hi All.
                          23/12 - The Black Sea - An excellent film I thought considering it mostly takes place on a sub one of Jude Laws better films I think, starringJude Law,Scoot McNairy,Ben Mendelsohn,David Threlfall ,Bobby Schofield ,Karl Davies,Konstantin Khabensky,Grigoriy Dobrygin,Sergei Puskepalis,Sergei Kolesnikov,Tobias Menzies
                          Jodie Whittaker and Michael Smiley...........

Soon after losing his salvage job, former naval officer Robinson (Jude Law) assembles a misfit crew of unemployed sailors for a risky mission: Find a sunken Nazi U-boat, rumored to contain a fortune in gold. Promising each man an equal share, Robinson leads the mixed British and Russian crew to comb the depths of the Black Sea. Before long, greed takes hold of a crew already divided along language and cultural lines -- and the fewer men that make it back alive, the more gold to go around.

Geoff.
                          Last edited by 1batfastard; 4th February 2016, 16:52.

Comment

Star Wars - Episodes 4, 5 and 6.

In the event that I do manage to catch Episode 7 on the big screen, I decided to start watching the others (YES, including the prequels!).

Sadly, my copies of the films are the supposed "special editions" with the added bits, but to me they don't really add or take anything from the film.

Still, good fun.
                            Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

The Muppet Christmas Carol. Several times on rotation, since the youngsters love it.

Incidentally, I've only ever seen the first Star Wars film, way back at the cinema when it was released. I was young but I enjoyed it, although I've never gone out of my way to watch the others despite the fact that I've never actually been around when they appeared on TV.

Comment

Hi All,
                                A heap horror film on the 27/12 from BBCi called 'Salvage' filmed on what looked like the old Brookside set not very good IMO but don't let my opinion stop you from watching...

Then last night watched a quite funny comedy 'Gambit' Starring Colin Firth,Cameron Diaz,,Alan Rickman,Tom Courtenay,Stanley Tucci,Cloris Leachman and Togo Igawa
                                Some really quite funny moments but overall a good film that I enjoyed......

A mild-mannered art curator (Colin Firth) plans to scam his abusive boss with the help of an expert forger (Tom Courtenay) and a rodeo queen (Cameron Diaz).

Geoff.
                                Last edited by 1batfastard; 31st December 2015, 20:39.

Comment

Hi All,
                                  Last night watched 'Big Hero 6'. For the big kid inside you,with your children or grandchildren some quite amusing moments considering it's an animated feature film I enjoyed it and that's what counts....

Geoff.

Comment

Watched Ted2 on new years eve.
                                    Really funny film.
                                    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Wreck-It Ralph

Not too shabby Disney flick.

The Descent

Six girls go on a caving trip - and it starts going wrong very quickly. Great film.
                                      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Hi All,
                                        28/12/2015 I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Quite a funny and pleasantly surprising film with Robert Downey Jnr and Val Kilmer heading the cast...........

Geoff.

Comment

Fright Night

Classic 1980s vampire flick.

Cliffhanger

Classic Stallone actioner.
                                          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Working...
                                          X