Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt-100
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jul 2012

The Iron Lady (2011)
    Channel 4, 6 Jan, 21:00

Firstly, Meryl Streep plays a fantastic Thatcher.
    The film is a very inlightening insight into Margaret's rise to power and personal life. If nothing else it shows just how much she helped promote women in parliament. A great tribute for a great woman.
    Feel free to check out my aviation pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lhr_spotter/ - comments welcome

Comment

• DazDaMan
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Aug 2003

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

The third outing for Dr. Jones looks great in blu-ray.
      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• Al.
        Al.
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Nov 2008

Captain America the first Avenger

I am not really a big superheroes fan and even when my interest aligned more as a kiddie Captain America was probably of least interest.

However I rather enjoyed it. I dig spent large parts taking more interest in the German Reichpunk planes than the plot.

Favourite line: so many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own.
        Rule zero: don't be on fire

Comment

• hampden98
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Sep 2009

Threads.
          A BBC drama - documentary shown in 1984.
          WW3 breaks out, Sheffield is Nuked and the collapse of civilisation ensues.
          Quite good if not a little dated. Very thought provoking. Some nice shots of RAF Phantoms scrambling.

Comment

• Bmused55
            Aaahh Emu!
            • Oct 2003

The Hobbit

I was worried how on earth Jackson will stretch out a book that has fewer pages than either of the Lord of the Rings books into 3 movies. However, having now seen and been suitably entertained by "The Hobbit - An unexpected journey" I have nothing to worry about.
            Bmused55

Keep thy airspeed up, less the earth come from below and smite thee.

My Blog
            My Designs

Comment

• Al.
              Al.
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bmused55 View Post
              The Hobbit
              I always liked hobbit best of all of JRRs books. In part i think because it is much tighter and leaner. And was worried about the bloat of going to 3 films.

However with the exception of about 100 battles all following the same format.

Run away
              Two make a heroic stand to buy the others time
              Two get overwhelmed
              The others come charging back in
              Baddies defeated

It was good.

Number one son loved it and insisted we stopped at library on the way back to get the book out. He is already half way through. So job done.
              Rule zero: don't be on fire

Comment

• Louiechevy
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Apr 2012

Raiders of the Lost Ark - The Adaptation
                For those of you that don't know a more or less shot for shot remake of the original made by a load of kids in the 80's. And iv'e just found it on youtube the picture quality is terrible and the sound is probably worse! But and it's a BIG but it's well worth a watch because you know what's coming next and you keep thinking well they cant do the truck chase (they do!) it's bad but brilliant at the same time! What more can I say other than if you liked the original watch this.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Aug 2003

You got a link for that?
                  Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• stangman
                    Lost the plot
                    • May 2006

This the one?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-CCeuDt2hw
                    "Everybody's doing it so why the hell should I ?" Black Sheep- Gin Wigmore

Comment

• DazDaMan
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Aug 2003

Sweet! I'll give that a look! Cheers!
                      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• Guzzineil
                        Trainee Spitfire Polisher
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Al. View Post
                        I always liked hobbit best of all of JRRs books. In part i think because it is much tighter and leaner. And was worried about the bloat of going to 3 films.

However with the exception of about 100 battles all following the same format......

same here.. must admit I started to drift off in places, although one benefit of my local Kinema is that they have an interval halfway through when a bloke appears through the floor playing the mighty compton organ

yes, i was suffering battle fatigue by the end of it all...

Comment

• Louiechevy
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Apr 2012

Yep thats the one sorry I couldnt post the link last night my puter promptly packed up after my first post Its also worth reading the story of them making the film thats the true adventure!

Comment

• wl745
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Aug 2007

Recent oldie

I watched an old british movie here in OZ last week ,it was about an aircraft designer who commits a crime and gets away with it!Some office background shots of an airfield and a model on the desk of I think an Avro 707 delta also some flying shots of a Miles Gemini.Maybe some of you have seen it?John Mills was the star(well one of them!)
                            The Title was "Mr Denny goes north"
                            Last edited by wl745; 9th January 2013, 10:11. Reason: forgot the title!

Comment

• DazDaMan
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Aug 2003

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

It's not a bad movie, it's just not a great movie. And, if they're remotely considering making a fifth one, keep George Lucas the hell away from it!

An American Werewolf in London

On blu-ray. Fantastic transfer, with remixed sound. Still the classic monster movie we all know and love!
                              Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• BSG-75
                                So say we all.....
                                • Aug 2007

the bourne legacy

Its Ok, it crosses over plot lines and timelines with the earlier three movies. It also throws you a curve ball with some drug dependency that the Treadstone agents have that I don't recall from the first 3, its better than it deserves to be, and there is maybe one more film there to squeeze out of the story line.
                                You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Aug 2003

Life of Pi

Finally got around to seeing it this afternoon.

Very good. The CGI is unbelievable, although at certain times you can tell what's real and what isn't. Certainly quite emotional at points (one scene with the tiger in particular), but it certainly doesn't feel like a long film.

8/10
                                  Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Aug 2003

Cockneys vs. Zombies

Well, I didn't like it.

The Fly

A quality horror film from "back in the day". I hope to Christ this one isn't remade!!
                                    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• BSG-75
                                      So say we all.....
                                      • Aug 2007

Dredd

I am, The Law.............

For those who know the comic, it's a hit I think. Very violent but stylish and they do well to capture the iconic figure that Dredd has become.

It suffers a bit from the same plotline as "The Raid" (which is an insane Indonesian movie) but well worth 90 mins of my life and all of my nectar points to buy it with !
                                      You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

Comment

• Moggy C
                                        • Jan 2000

Les Miserables

Went this afternoon as flying wasn't an option.

I love the stage show and have seen it three times, so how does the film compare?

Different

It's a good movie and well worth a fiver to see big screen. It has more detail from the book than ever made the stage, but somehow it didn't have quite the same impact.

Overall though stunning.

Despite two really poor bits of casting.

Thnardier the innkeeper is really poorly realised by Sasha Baron Cohen. He should never have been let anywhere near the set with his wildly swinging accent and mugging at camera. Made worse as his wife is brilliantly played by Helen Bonham Carter, which makes his lack of talent all the more painfully exposed.

And the female lead, Cosette is played by Amanda Seyfried, the goggle-eyed bird from Mama-Mia. She can't sing, she can't act and she doesn't even look good or convincing. Once more acted and sung off the screen by Samantha Barks playing ponine.

That the film overcomes these two handicaps shows, I think, just how good the entire package is.

Moggy
                                        "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Aug 2003

Dredd

Pretty much the same opinion as BSG, although I never read the comics (nor saw the Stallone original - apparently I shouldn't!).

Good fun, though. Karl Urban does bad-assery very well. I hope he gets to whup some in the new Star Trek film...!
                                          Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X