Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scammer monitoring the forum

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard gray
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2006

This man fell for it hook line and sinker.

A chartered surveyor turned conman to cheat his closest friends out of more than 1million after he became convinced he had won the Spanish lottery.
    Arthur Stimpson began a four year prison term yesterday after being sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on 13 counts of fraud and two of forgery.

The 56-year-old fed lie after lie to his childhood friends, a former neighbour, the godparents of his children and kept his wife in the dark, as he faked her signature in a bid to raise money and send it to Spain to claim his lottery winnings.

Stimpson, a respected chartered surveyor from Plumstead, used his good reputation in the community and a promise of up to 500% interest on loans to borrow money from those who trusted him most.

Despite being warned by police in autumn 2009 that he had fallen victim to a lottery scam he continued to borrow money totalling 1,154,000.

In July 2007 he received a letter saying he had won around 3.3m euros on the Spanish lotto.

Full story here. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/how_norf...ends_1_1157864

Comment

• Student Pilot
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by paul178 View Post
      If you are at a loose end for half an hour or so try this one done on a 419 scammer. I love it!

http://419eater.com/html/okorie.htm
      Absolute pisser, genius work.
      If I wasn't a never was I could have been a hasbeen

Comment

• Portagee
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Moggy C View Post
        I spend some time working from home and must get three or four of the (almost unintelligible sub-continent voice) "This is Windows security company, we have detected that you have a virus on your computer and we want to help you fix it remotely"
        My favoured response to that one is

"How can you be sure my computer has a Virus... have you hacked into my computer ... isn't that illegal ?"

Comment

• trumper
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Student Pilot View Post
          Absolute pisser, genius work.
          Agreed 100% ,well worth the half hours read and laughter.

Comment

• Student Pilot
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Moggy C View Post
            If I am in the mood and not busy I will drag it out for a few minutes with my totally incompetent attempts to follow their instructions. Moggy
            We get the same out here, all sorts of calls from trying to change your web carrier to cheaper power and cheaper phone calls/mobile phones. If I'm feeling playful I'll drag it out as long as possible, while I'm keepinum busy they aren't annoying anybody else. My personal best is 22 minutes, you have to be prepared to change your tack and work compliantly withum.
            Usually our calls come from India/Asia. The calls normally start with a long pause then "Could I speak to the manager/owner of the company please". You say "Speaking" and away they go.
            "It's Stephen here ringing from Melbourne, how are you sir?"
            "I'm extremely well and thank you very much for asking" That throws them a bit then they start.
            Then I'll say "You don't sound like a Steven to me, you sound more like Sanjeev" After a bit of trying to deflect the comments they start the hard sell if they haven't said I ask where they are ringing from. The likes of Melbourne I ask "What's the weather like in Melbourne?" When they reply I tell them what the weather is really like. You can go on for ages before they start to get stroppy, mostly they'll just keep trying no matter how rude/ignorant/stupid you are.
            If you've got a bit of spare time see how long you can string them out, if they are going to waste your time why not waste a bit of their phone bill?
            If I wasn't a never was I could have been a hasbeen

Comment

• Chris 1
              Rank 4 Registered User
              • Aug 2011

Would anyone like to buy a fleet of harrier jets and an aircraft carrier....
              Just send me 30,000 GBP and i will fly them to you.............Honest

Happy Christmas Guys!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
              X