Adopting the U.S.As 2nd Amendment

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 9 months

What if our Government gave us the same 2nd Amendment as our USA cousins.
Would you want it or not. This is a sort of follow on to the GUN HOBBY thread, which has raised a few comments.
Now it's our turn.Myself,NO, but don't let my opinion sway you.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Original post

Member for

18 years 10 months

I think there would be an absolute bloodbath for about a month, until the chavs realized that things were different... & then people would be MUCH more polite.

Member for

19 years 11 months

How come hardly anyone - especially the NRA - ever seems to mention the "well-regulated militia" bit of the 2nd Amendment?

On a more general note: rather than trying to turn this country into an imitation of the USA why can't people who love their way of doing things so much emigrate to the original?

Member for

14 years 1 month

It was only relatively recently, with the Firearms Act of 1920, that UK citizens had to apply for a licence to own a firearm.
So many rifles and pistols were around after WW1 that the toffs feared a Russian-style revolution might be triggered...

Member for

19 years 11 months

And well they might...... :cool:

Member for

16 years

How come hardly anyone - especially the NRA - ever seems to mention the "well-regulated militia" bit of the 2nd Amendment?

On a more general note: rather than trying to turn this country into an imitation of the USA why can't people who love their way of doing things so much emigrate to the original?

Well-regulated meant something different back then, but the amendment itself does not require the regulation, just makes it possible for it to occur.

Ryan

Member for

16 years

And well they might...... :cool:

Especially the way the UK seems to be headed now.

Ryan

Member for

13 years 11 months

i'd emmigrate !!

Member for

19 years 11 months

Well-regulated meant something different back then, but the amendment itself does not require the regulation, just makes it possible for it to occur.
Oh, how very convenient. :rolleyes:

Has the text of the 2nd Amendment been amended by due process and, if so, when?

If it hasn't been amended by due process, then surely it stands as originally adopted?

i'd emmigrate !!
Would you like me to carry your suitcase to the taxi for you? :p

Member for

13 years 11 months

Oh, how very Would you like me to carry your suitcase to the taxi for you? :p

the comon sense way that i see it is that we have enough firearms problems now !!

the solution cannot possibly be letting one man an his dog own one

that is moronic reasoning !!

a few years ago i would have viciously defended the uk as being a terriffic place and would have clung on to stay here , but if the opportunity arrises i will cheerfuly let you carry my bags to the silver bird !!

Member for

13 years 9 months

I.M.H.O. G.B. PLC has gone to the dogs, no one seems to care anymore, we outsource nearly all our business, to Mumbie and China, then wonder why we have so many unemployed.
China, so I understand, leaves foreign containers on their docks for anything up to 6 months, just to put the person who sent said container off from sending more. Yet everything seems to be made in China, I refuse to buy anything that states it's made in China, and still would go the extra mile to buy British made goods.
Yes, I know it's off topic, but I feel Peed off today.:eek:

Jim.

Lincoln .7.

Member for

19 years 11 months

the comon sense way that i see it is that we have enough firearms problems now !!

the solution cannot possibly be letting one man an his dog own one

that is moronic reasoning !!

I would not argue wih you at all there.

"My house is on fire! Quick, fetch more petrol." seems to sum up the stance of the nascent "NRA-UK" pro gun lobby.

Member for

19 years 2 months

.......If you wanted to ammend a written constitution....would you not need a wriiten constitution in the first place....

Member for

19 years 11 months

Don't you dare come in here talking common sense at people, Waco! :mad:

;)

Member for

14 years 5 months

Linc - I am surprised that you manage to "go about your daily business" without buying anything which is manufactured in China. And of course where components are involved you probably would not know. I wonder where your PC and its chip were made. But perhaps I am wrong.....;)

Member for

16 years 10 months

:D:D:D:cool:

Member for

19 years 6 months

Would you like me to carry your suitcase to the taxi for you?

No. Just a few inner tubes and some rope please :) They are not as keen as us to allow unemployed people in :rolleyes:

Member for

13 years 11 months

why ??? , are you unemployed ????

Member for

19 years 6 months

Yes. I am what the forum like to all a `dissillusioned yoof` , although the youth part may be flattering my self :)
Just having a quick break from job searching. I dont know how I find the time for all the rioting and looting :rolleyes:

Member for

13 years 9 months

Linc - I am surprised that you manage to "go about your daily business" without buying anything which is manufactured in China. And of course where components are involved you probably would not know. I wonder where your PC and its chip were made. But perhaps I am wrong.....;)

Pete, you know very well what I mean, If I see "Made in China" I don't touch it, and as regards my comp chip, have you taken yours apart lately just to see where yours was made ?. no of course not.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years 9 months

:D:D:D:cool:

And the point of these :D:D:D:cool:. is what?.

Jim.

Lincoln .7