Forum on a Go-Slow?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 6 months

The forum has been running incredibly slowly for me for the last few days; it is patchy but sometimes freezes completely halfway through loading a thread while advising ‘waiting for ____://forum...'

No other site I use seems to be affected; anybody else noticed any change? :confused:

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Seems fine here.

Regards,

kev35

Member for

16 years 8 months

same here CD,can`t find my own thread in the `search` and the blue grahics etc are `blurred` like they been poorly photocopied...............

Member for

24 years 3 months

The 'search' function is broken at the moment, and will be fixed in the near future.

The forum running slow has already been notified to the WebMaster and he will be looking into the problem. Do note that the forum seems to be working fine for most people, try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Most people facing problems, seem to be on a BT connection and in a specified geographical area.

The forum and Key Publishing servers are working absolutely fine.

Member for

17 years 6 months

I'm on BT. What geographical area has the problem?

Member for

15 years 2 months

I'm on BT and the forum has been going slow for me for a few days too.

Member for

15 years 11 months

I am also with BT and it is running like a dog.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'm on BT. What geographical area has the problem?

It is any BT account that passes through a couple of jumps in Essex.

I have the issue and it is simply dreadful.

Moggy

Member for

17 years 6 months

Is there anything that can be done or is this normal service from BT now? :mad:

A couple of weeks prior to this specific problem with the forum my PC started to sporadically disconnect itself from BT and I sometimes had difficulty reconnecting; it was very similar to problems I experienced a few years ago with BT which I put down to there being too many people in the village wanting to use BT broadband at the same time (always worst at peak-times).

Other sites, some with lots of photographs, seem to work (if a tiny bit ‘clunky’) but this forum is unusable; it has taken me twenty minutes to get to the point where I can post this!

Member for

14 years 6 months

I finally gave up with BT last year and have been with Sky since, without any serious problems.

Member for

15 years 11 months

Is there anything that can be done or is this normal service from BT now? :mad:

A couple of weeks prior to this specific problem with the forum my PC started to sporadically disconnect itself from BT and I sometimes had difficulty reconnecting; it was very similar to problems I experienced a few years ago with BT which I put down to there being too many people in the village wanting to use BT broadband at the same time (always worst at peak-times).

Other sites, some with lots of photographs, seem to work (if a tiny bit ‘clunky’) but this forum is unusable; it has taken me twenty minutes to get to the point where I can post this!

They are working on it! hope to have it sorted by next Thursday they say. :eek:

Member for

24 years 3 months

All I can suggest is that your run a tracert like this and then forward it to BT.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/moggycattermole/traceroute.jpg

Note the age it is taking to get through Ilford :eek:

Moggy

Member for

17 years 6 months

Whoa! Forum running instantaneously now! :eek:

Moggy, thanks for stringing-up with piano-wire whoever needed stringing-up at BT; I now have a new-found respect for the awesome effectiveness of the Webmaster and Moderation Team. Not quite sure how this works now; is it like the Mafia, I wait until you need a favour, I give you my first-born female child..? :o

Member for

24 years 3 months

I wish mine was :mad:

Moggy

Member for

24 years 3 months

I give you my first-born female child..? :o

Er.. Is she over 18 and under 30? :D:D:D:D:D

Moggy

Member for

15 years 11 months

Mine is still running slow! :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

Mine's back up to speed now.

Moggy

Member for

17 years 6 months

Well, it was nice while it lasted! :rolleyes: Forum running slow again...

...the rest of the web unusable! Sod this.....I’m off to bed! :mad:

Member for

15 years 11 months

Mine is running super fast now! Please don't drop out again.:D

Member for

14 years 6 months

It is any BT account that passes through a couple of jumps in Essex.

I have the issue and it is simply dreadful.

Moggy

But the previous posts are from Milton Keynes and Anna near Sandhurst....:confused:

And, for what it's worth, This morning, Key is running very slowly on both Google and Firefox, via Sky, but I have no problems with any other sites.