Lets invade the Falklands!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 6 months

Well commander,
the time is right to re-invade the Falklands. We have several things on our side this time;

1. The Brits will not be expecting us to try again.
2. The Brits have scrapped their carriers, crushed their Nimrods and disposed of their Harrier Fleet.
3. Economically the Brits are in a rut with most of their armed force and Chinook Fleet engaged in Afghanistan overstretched.

Yes the Brits have strengthened the Falklands defenses and based Fighter jets. However if we can land our troops, capture the airfields, dig in and and hold out we believe it is a possibility.

So, as commander of the Argentine forces how would you do it?

What opposition do we expect from the Brits?

CIC Argy Forces.

Original post

Member for

13 years 9 months

Simple!!
Just nuke them as soon as the first Argi foot is set on the Islands shores, Obviously the Yanks, being our BEST FRIENDS, as we are always there for them would nuke them for us, as they have the long range aircraft to do it. :D:D:D, and if you honestly believe the yanks would help US, you must live on a different planet.(And obviously I don't mean nuke the Islands)

Lincoln .7

Member for

14 years 6 months

What I was interested in was whether we could repel an attack if the Argies decided to recapture the Falklands. Politically I doubt they would in the current climate, but, if they did, could we do anything about it?

Also I was interested in whether the Argies could (militarily) actually take the islands? Would they have the equipment?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Guess not seeing as they seem to be in a worse state than we are according to a recent thread posted somewhere here.

Regards,

kev35

Member for

14 years 5 months

What I was interested in was whether we could repel an attack if the Argies decided to recapture the Falklands. Politically I doubt they would in the current climate, but, if they did, could we do anything about it?

Also I was interested in whether the Argies could (militarily) actually take the islands? Would they have the equipment?

Indeed it is an interesting question, but as Kev says there seems to be some evidence that at the moment that there is neither the inclination nor the resources to do so.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Yet another good reason for NOT scrapping ARK ROYAL, when are these idiots whoever is in power realise money just isn't everything, and there is life outside the many Bars inside Westminister and queueing up each month for their expences money.

Lincoln ,7

:rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 6 months

Yet another good reason for NOT scrapping ARK ROYAL, when are these idiots whoever is in power realise money just isn't everything, and there is life outside the many Bars inside Westminister and queueing up each month for their expences money.

Lincoln ,7

:rolleyes:

I totally agree, It feels this government will do anything to save a few pieces of silver. Mind you that in the case of Nimrod included wasting lots of cash and then scrapping the project before anyone can do anything about it.

Sadly I honestly feel we could not protect the British Citizens of the Falklands now should Argentina decide to have another go, We can barely look after our own shores now let alone islands 1000s miles away:mad:

Member for

14 years 5 months

But that's the point, surely. If we geared our defence budget to every conceivable threat world-wide we would be spending even more than we used to. There are plenty of arguments for against the decisions made but defence has to be related to perceived medium and long term threat. The judgements have to be taken rationally, not emotionally.

Member for

13 years 9 months

I don't agree Sky High. The trouble in this Country, is that wherever there is trouble in the world, our polititions make sure we shove our noses in, and mostly because we are dragged in by the USA.
Cant remember, but was it "Love actualy," where Hugh Grant was our PM, and he more or less told the U.S. President where to go? Well thats the sort of boss I would like to see in charge, at least he had the guts to stand up for our once GREAT BRITAIN.
I remember the days when every label etc had the words, "Made in GREAT BRITAIN" now, it;s all made in China and elsewhere because of greed, it's a case of S*D the G.B. as long as I have my Yatch, Learjet etc.
Feel like a fuse is about to blow, so over and out.

Lincoln .7

Member for

14 years 5 months

And that's the problem, Linc. We all get over-emotional and reach the fuse blowing stage which doesn't help rational decision making. "Love Actually" really was a fantasy, wasn't it?...;):)

Member for

18 years 7 months

he more or less told the U.S. President where to go? Well thats the sort of boss I would like to see in charge, at least he had the guts to stand up for our once GREAT BRITAIN.

Wouldn't doing that now leave us in a rather awkward position as we don't really have an air force anymore? :confused:

Things change, and we may not like it but it's a fact of life. Some of the things we were once great at were actually partly screwed up by ourselves like the over-unionisation of shipbuilding; as manufacturing technology progressed and it was realised 2 people could do the same job with modern machines that it would have taken 6 to do previously, they objected. The result was that we were building ships using outdated methods and taking longer to do it, while shipyards in countries like Japan were producing very high quality ships in much less time. Sure, they were objecting to try protect their jobs but we could still have an active shipbuilding industry now if we'd have moved with the times. A classic example of thinking for the present rather than the future.

Member for

13 years 9 months

I guess, if like I stated, we had a P.M. who showed us he had the guts to stand up for his Country, we would still have an airforce, and navy.
Isn't that what he was elected to do?.
How much does it cost the British taxpayer for every day we are in every conflict in the world?.
Lincoln.7

Member for

18 years 7 months

Lincoln, with respect I don't really see the point in the way you're looking at this. You seem to be more concerned with complaining at what you perceive to be failures in the past rather than looking to the future, which won't get you, me, or our country anywhere.

when are these idiots whoever is in power realise money just isn't everything

If there isn't enough money to run a larger defence force then how do you suppose we do it? I want a Canon 5DII but I don't have 1800 quid so I can't have it, the basic principle is the same.

Member for

13 years 9 months

On about money!! I got my Canon 5d11 cheaper than that!! :p so money does matter, it's just being able to get your priorities right, which we as a Country can't ever seem to do. How many times has this Government done a "U" turn since it's been in power?

Lincoln .7

Member for

14 years 5 months

Let's be constructive instead of destructive. As you are so critical what is your solution and how would you fund it?

Member for

13 years 9 months

You tell me how much I have to spend, and I will tell you what to do with it!
The 1st would be to get all those who are here illegaly out! especialy at least 3 different families who are living in a million pound plus houses in London. I don't know what your finances are and not realy bothered, but I STILL pay income tax, so I like many others, I have a right to their say.
Lincoln .7

Member for

19 years 11 months

The 1st would be to get all those who are here illegaly out! especialy at least 3 different families who are living in a million pound plus houses in London.
In several parts of London, you're talking 3 bedroom semis there - not some kind of mansion.

And presumably you're just as eager to see Australians and New Zealanders who have over-stayed their welcome removed?

Member for

13 years 9 months

In several parts of London, you're talking 3 bedroom semis there - not some kind of mansion.

And presumably you're just as eager to see Australians and New Zealanders who have over-stayed their welcome removed?

Well, GA unless ITV are lying, they showed mansions not semies, and as for illegal Ausies and N/Zealanders, I would hazard a guess, metaphoricaly speaking that you could count them on one hand which is not what you can say about the others. May I suggest you watch Boarder Control on T.V.
And why did the last Government "Let go and disappear into society, because they knew they were here but couldn't find them?.1.000.000 illegal immigrants.?.
Lincoln .7

Member for

24 years 2 months

Lincoln.

Well, if we're talking priorities, might it be wise to identify and prioritise the purpose of the topic started by the OP? Which is, if I remember correctly, all connected with our ability or otherwise to prevent a second invasion of the Falkland Islands by Argentina? It would seem, that at least for now, Argentina pose no credible threat seeing as how they no longer have the military capability to attempt such a venture. While the Armed Forces in the UK may be perceived to be in a parlous state financially and overtaxed strategically, they still maintain a significant presence on the Islands and have a modern well equipped airfield with which to operate an air defense from. Isn't there also a detachment of Typhoons or Tornado's constantly based there at RAF Mount Pleasant?

However, you seem insistent on talking about the Government's handling of the financial crisis (is it really any different to the last lot?) and the influx of asylum seekers who either disappear or live in million pound mansions. Doesn't seem relevant at all to combatting the currently non existent threat to the Falklands does it?

"Boarder" Control. Not seen the programme. Is it about children running away from residential schools? Or am I getting mixed up with Broader Control - the programme about obesity?

Regards,

kev35

Member for

14 years 5 months

Hampden98

President of Argentina to CIC Argy Forces - don't be a fool!

Member for

13 years 9 months

Lincoln.

Well, if we're talking priorities, might it be wise to identify and prioritise the purpose of the topic started by the OP? Which is, if I remember correctly, all connected with our ability or otherwise to prevent a second invasion of the Falkland Islands by Argentina? It would seem, that at least for now, Argentina pose no credible threat seeing as how they no longer have the military capability to attempt such a venture. While the Armed Forces in the UK may be perceived to be in a parlous state financially and overtaxed strategically, they still maintain a significant presence on the Islands and have a modern well equipped airfield with which to operate an air defense from. Isn't there also a detachment of Typhoons or Tornado's constantly based there at RAF Mount Pleasant?

However, you seem insistent on talking about the Government's handling of the financial crisis (is it really any different to the last lot?) and the influx of asylum seekers who either disappear or live in million pound mansions. Doesn't seem relevant at all to combatting the currently non existent threat to the Falklands does it?

"Boarder" Control. Not seen the programme. Is it about children running away from residential schools? Or am I getting mixed up with Broader Control - the programme about obesity?

Regards,

kev35

Kev. I am on about the LAST lot. Maybe the Argies MAY for now, not have the equipment to invade, but don't forget in the last conflict our friends the FRENCH not only supplied them with exocet missiles, but even sent technitions to help the Argies. And as for me being obsessed with the illegals, every one caught and sent back from whence they came is money saved, pennies make Pounds Kev. Next time Border Control is on, look at it, and with a bit of luck you may start to think like the officers who have to deal with them.
Thats all Kev, you can go back to sleep now.
Lincoln .7
;)