Back to work tomorrow!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

So who's looking forward to going back to work tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Good thing for me is that I have been working mostly through the festive period (only had Christmas Day & NYE off!), so it is not that much of a shock for me, but just think you've only got 4 days and then its the weekend again...:D

Original post

Member for

16 years 8 months

I have to head back in on Thursday, exactly four weeks since I last went in, two days work and then back to my obligatory three and half day week, thank god I rarely have to do an eight hour day.
God bless the MoD!

Member for

20 years 8 months

What do you mean back to work tomorrow? I haven't stopped. Night shift on Christmas Eve. Day shifts Boxing day and 27th, night shift 28th day shift 30th and night shifts ever since through to Saturday. All 10 or 12 hour shifts.

Member for

18 years 6 months

What do you mean back to work tomorrow? I haven't stopped.

I know what you mean Mike...I work at Heathrow, which is not the kind of place that can just close down for Christmas, in fact December was probably our most hectic month, what with the snow/ice debarcle here, and then the snow on the East Coast of the USA, really messed us (and a lot of others!) up, and then we had to contend with the usual pre and post Christmas rush of families/friends coming and going.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Yep, some of us still have to work over the festive season. I actually had my 4th Christmas day off in 16 years. Mind you being on nights on Christmas Eve I went to bed when I got in. Alarm set for 1030 - turned it off and fell asleep again and woke up at 1240 so I really didn't have much of a Christmas day as I was back in bed by 2100 to be up in time to get to work the next day.

Member for

14 years 6 months

Indeed - many people forget that thousands of people have to work through our "holiday" seasons, but I am intrigued by Pagen's post - are these reducing hours following the cut-backs or just MoD inefficient management of its resources?

Member for

14 years 2 months

Freelancing means weekends and holidays go out the window, Friday and yesterday spent illustrating a Sunderland, today it's a XB-15 so not really had a break but can't complain at the work.

But then this morning is spent watching Mr Men with daughter so it all balances out in the end.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Well if it suits you it can't be too bad. Personally I would love to be able to work less and spend more time with the grandchildren but a living has to be earned at some point so in my line of work I have to take the work when it is available.

Member for

14 years 1 month

I was pleased to realise that as I logged on the works PC this morning, I had to read my last few Emails in order to remember what I was working on, way back on Dec 23rd!!! The memory loss was not booze related, this holiday I have had 1 glass of Wine and 1 glass of Brandy. I no longer like this job and was able to switch off and forget. And, we thought our baby daughter was going to die last Thursday so that somewhat re-aligned and prioritised a lot of thoughts!!

Member for

20 years 8 months

That figures, nothing like a family crisis for rearranging your priorities in life. It tends to make us realise what is important to us and what isn't.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Sorry to hear about your daughter PeeDee and hope she is getting better