Here's a funny thing...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

World Aircraft Information Files is back. After apparently finishing ten issues early last year at No. 200 (complete with a farewell message thanking readers for their support over the years), I'd thought I'd had my last three-hour filing session. But no, WAIF issue 201 mysteriously turned up at my newsagent last week, with nary a word of explanation. Obviously the publishers have got a bit of cash together to fund the last few issues, which can only be good (unless you've got a hernia from shifting all those binders around).

Original post

RE: Here's a funny thing...

RadiO
Thanks for the info... I am still getting them too... though I am up to issue 179 at the moment... :-)

Member for

24 years 2 months

RadiO, thanks for the info, I was a little miffed when out of the blue they announced that the publication was no more, WAIF is a brilliant way of collecting info because using the individual page method that they use allows them to update specific articles without making an entire publication out of date, although I have to agree the mammoth filing sessions do get boring if you did'nt update weekly, if it really is back then thats excellent.
Cheers, Dazza.:7

Member for

24 years 2 months

No problem. :-)
I wonder if it'll continue past issue 210, if Bright Star have the will and the cash to do so? Hmm.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Interesting. I was going to say something as I have just received no.198 and have already been charged for the next 4 parts, so to me it is definitely going beyond 200 parts. I have not had any word from them regarding series termination at 200 parts.

Regards, Glenn.

Member for

24 years 2 months

NOW...I am really confused. I have just received parts 199 and 200, and 200 states inside the cover that it is the last issue! BUT, I was told by the distributor 2 years ago that there would be 210 parts, so what is going on?

Regards, Glenn (scratching head..)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Maybe it'll rise from the dead next week, even more jarringly than in Britain. :-)

"NOW...I am really confused. I have just received parts 199 and 200, and 200 states inside the cover that it is the last issue! BUT, I was told by the distributor 2 years ago that there would be 210 parts, so what is going on?"

Well I'd say they wouldn't print a new 200, so you are just getting the same issue 200 that our friends in Europe got. Unlike them however we have the foreknowledge that it will actually continue prehaps to 210 or maybe even higher due to new info becoming available. We'll just have to wait and see.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Garry,

Hope springs eternal!!! :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

HOPE HAS SPRUNG!!! I just got parts 201 & 202 today!!! Well what da ya know!!... :)

Happy....happy...

Member for

24 years 2 months

Mine are on order... my local newsagent thought it had stopped and sent the new ones back to where they came!!!! D'OH!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sorry I've been away for a while (the computer has had to be glued back together after its rattle came flying out of the pram) but...
Issue 210 of WAIF has arrived with the surprising news that this is not the last one after all; Issue 211 is on the way next week. Great! Goodness knows how many more are waiting in the wings - maybe another 210 of 'em? Hernia time...
Issue 211 has a gatefold of an XB-70, by the look of things. Mmmmm. :)