Forum Quote Facility Abuse

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

23 years 7 months

All,

Recently we have had a number of threads that have had the quotes system used excessively which is beginning to dilute the contents of threads. Whilst using quotes in some cases can be useful to get your point across, it can be counter productive as it can fragment the thread. Rather than imposing a blanked ban on this can everybody give some thought to whether the use of quotes is absolutely necessary to get your point across. This will also put less load on the forum which will make it run faster.

As a guideline;

1) If it is the post directly above yours, don’t quote it

2) If the quote contains images - remove them first

3) If the post you are quoting is very long and you are only answering one part of it please edit the quote so that only the part you are responding to is relevant.

Cheers
Webmaster

Original post

Member for

12 years 9 months

Good idea .....We can all read !! & just like telly : I hate repeats & I dont want to see 24 pics 97 times !!!!!!

Member for

15 years 10 months

Indeed, I'd like to also suggest not to quote the pics, unless there is one that raises a specific query.

Member for

15 years 10 months

Well, I suppose it has become a hot topic of late, just thought I'd help it along with a back-up on the whole pickeroo thing ;)

Member for

15 years 10 months

Hang on? 11Years?

quote without using facility= "19th February 2010, 16:20"

Member for

19 years 11 months

Blimey!

Is it really 11 years since 2010? How time flies....... ;)

Member for

14 years 5 months

Stating the obvious but I endorse the principle!:)

Member for

7 years 2 months

Sounds reasonable to me...thanks.