Drug Runner UAV

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

After the narcos already use DIY-subs, has anybody heard about DIY-cargo-UAVs for smuggling?

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

Subs could easily go undetected..I dunno know about UAV:s.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 5 months

It's still big business with risks...A Canadian was recently caught flying a stolen Canadian JetRanger full of pot into the U.S. from B.C.
The pilot then hung himself in jail.

So I could see how a small RC plane might work in a remote area over (which means most of the U.S.- Canadian border...in fact the local Customs/Border Patrol sector uses surplus Mustangs..the wild horse, not the plane... in the mountains just north of here because there are few roads) a short distance....it wouldn't work with pot, but might with lighter weight, higher value contraband.

Member for

20 years 5 months

A helicopter is pretty dumb for the job. Guess something like a Remos GX would be more interesting. Anyway.

It's amazing what hobby components are available out there! Autopilots with integrated GPS for example, all kind of radial, Wankel and Boxer r/c and UAV engines with 30hp and more for only a few thousand bucks, &c. I reccon building a private UAV is just a few steps away. A simple shape out of GRP, launched by a bungee cord, flown via GPS waypoints, cuts fuel supply at target and activates WLAN-based localizer. Send surviving engine and electronics back via UPS.

Member for

15 years 2 months

A helicopter is pretty dumb for the job. Guess something like a Remos GX would be more interesting. Anyway.

It's amazing what hobby components are available out there! Autopilots with integrated GPS for example, all kind of radial, Wankel and Boxer r/c and UAV engines with 30hp and more for only a few thousand bucks, &c. I reccon building a private UAV is just a few steps away. A simple shape out of GRP, launched by a bungee cord, flown via GPS waypoints, cuts fuel supply at target and activates WLAN-based localizer. Send surviving engine and electronics back via UPS.

Well like I said dunno. Maybe they are doing it already if it is that easy as you refer. I just think it may not be that easy as it sounds like. If the druglords get that sophisticated the police will have to get AA-guns on their vehicles and radars etc.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Well like I said dunno. Maybe they are doing it already if it is that easy as you refer. I just think it may not be that easy as it sounds like. If the druglords get that sophisticated the police will have to get AA-guns on their vehicles and radars etc.

Nowadays theres some pretty advanced stuff for building UAVs and/or models and even with radar and AA-guns and even jamming devices for the link between the UAV and the controller of course theres still the bisness of catching the creaters of such aircraft for this purpose, in a way theyd still be safe over the border really so if aa guns, radar and jamming equipment work it may be a solution in the future abit extreme to start with but hey if it works :cool:

Member for

19 years 5 months

Send surviving engine and electronics back via UPS.

That alone would eat upo their profits! :D My Canadian friends hate their postal system and regulations which makes sending items across the border...even by UPS, etc....a costly venture.

...the police will have to get AA-guns on their vehicles and radars etc.

Now thats sounds like fun! Arm their AStars with a Vulcan...

Member for

15 years 5 months

This reminds me of the old Children's Film Foundation film "Sky Pirates". Smugglers were using r/c planes to transport diamonds. From what I recall some kids shot them down using darts fired from r/c Spitfires.