Big thanks to Solent Aviation Society

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

Mention should be made of the efforts of the Solent Aviation Society, who arranged a very successful Fly-in at Popham yesterday.

There was a great turn-out of modern and vintage aeroplanes, and all pilots were welcomed with a 'goody-bag' of useful stuff. Various visitors were awarded trophies, and the whole event was evidence that some people had invested no small amount of time and money to put it all together.

Given the dismal weather that has wiped out most of the season, they would not have been blamed if they had quiety dropped the event, but instead we were treated to one of the best Fy-ins this year.

Thank you very much to all who gave their time , and also to to Popham airfield, who make available such an agreeable venue.

Original post

Member for

19 years 6 months

Well said, Propstrike - I couldn't have put it better myself. An excellent day out!

Member for

17 years 6 months

Sadly clashing events meant that I wasn't able to get to Popham this year, but in the past, the Solent Aviation Society event has been one of my favourite fly-ins.

I'm sure the plaudits are well-deserved. Congratulations SAS !!

Promise to try and get there next year!

Member for

21 years 1 month

Many thanks for the kind words about our event - I will pass them on to the rest of the team. As a regular at Popham with our SAS sales stand it was good to get a nice day for once. (so i am told - I was in South Africa that day)