Canopy needed for Grumman AA1 Yankee

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 3 months

Folks, the sadly abused canopy on our AA1 Yankee G-SEXY finally "bit the big one" in the strongs winds last weekend.

If anyone knows of a canopy in the UK for sale, please please let me know!

Thanks,

Roy.

Original post

Member for

19 years

Guess that means the price quote from the U.S. was enormous!:D

Member for

18 years 3 months

I'm still waiting for it !

A new canopy is only $300 US but I guess it'll be about the same again for the shipping.

Guess I'll phone them tomorrow... make sure I've got a chair by the phone :diablo:

Member for

19 years

Don't forget Cabair at Elstree were the agents for the aircraft, might be worth a 'local' call first!:)

Member for

18 years 3 months

Cheers for that - I'll give them a try.

Member for

17 years 7 months

Try giving Dave Almey a call at Skycraft at Bourne in Lincolnshire, www.sky-craft.co.uk He had at least one Grumman American aeroplane in his 'chop-shop'.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Very many thanks for that - I'll certainly chase that up.

Roy.

Member for

20 years 9 months

I've just had a thought. Until the backe end of last year there were the remains of a dead AA-5 at Oxford Airport though who you'd need to contact I don't know I'm afraid. The canopy on that was, AFAIK, intact and undamaged. The wings are also still there. She was written off after being wheelbarrowed on so the only things missing are the cowlings, engine and nosewheel assembly.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Thanks Mike, I'll certainly chase after that.

The only UK canopy I've found so far is priced at 500 quid plus taxes and transport - giving an approximate total of £ OUCH

Roy.