Member for

24 years 3 months

Well, that's it for another year.

I've folded my half-mill chart :)

Moggy

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

With the recent CPL/IR, I've taken to bolting mine down with bulldog clips. Force over form. :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

I don't fly a Bulldog. Can I still use the clips?

Moggy

Member for

20 years 8 months

Well, that's it for another year.

I've folded my half-mill chart :)

Moggy

Or until they bring out an interim updat for some spurious reason like swelling the CAA's coffers:D

Member for

24 years 3 months

True.

I'm a great believer in the McKillop fold. It takes some time to do, but does save a lot of in-flight faffing.

Duncan himself folded the first example for me :)

Moggy

Member for

24 years 3 months

...which is the McKillop fold.

I found that I could never get the training area on the chart without running into folds. Halfpenny Green for some reason always ends up near a fold! So I resorted to force. By the way red clips go top and bottom on the left, green clips on the right. I have to know which way port and starboard are ;)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Anyone who has neat folds in their map is a fop and a dandy and probably irons their jeans.

Real pilots screw charts into a large ball, or stretch them over their (open) cockpits in inclement weather. A spiffy up-to-date map is the first sign of a ' new bug '. I am proud to say my one still has Croydon, Hanwell and the Great West Aerodrome.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Propstrike,
Luxury! That is far too new! Mine was actually delivered as a plain piece of paper, a quill and a note to 'Please fill it in as you fly'. Try telling that to the young pilots today.....(apologies to Monty Python and a bit of Blackadder)

Member for

19 years 5 months

The hardest part of GA
Having to scroll down through umpteen "Stickies" that should have been binned years ago. And the same ones get repeated on page 2.... And page 3.... :mad:

Member for

20 years 1 month

Chiefy,

NOBODY calls my map new. Roman hill forts are still marked as danger areas, and on the edge it says ''Beyond here there be dragons! '' If you want to see it , I will be flying into Cricklewood aerodrome this weekend.

Member for

20 years 10 months

When you fly an Auster a 1/4 mil is adequate.....

Member for

17 years 10 months

Swap it for a Taylorcraft, the US version, not the Rearsby type. You'll never look back.:D

Member for

17 years 1 month

Personally, I've always found that writing out the cheques is the hardest part of aviation.

"I know that there is money in aviation - because I've put it there".

Member for

20 years 10 months

Swap it for a Taylorcraft, the US version, not the Rearsby type. You'll never look back.:D

Good idea, I can do away with a map altogether then. :D

Member for

20 years 3 months

True.

I'm a great believer in the McKillop fold. It takes some time to do, but does save a lot of in-flight faffing.

Duncan himself folded the first example for me :)

Moggy

My CFI did mine for me - who am I to complain?;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Wouldn't have happened in my day ;)

Rob P

Member for

24 years 3 months

...dear boy ;)

Member for

20 years 3 months

Wouldn't have happened in my day ;)

Rob P

Well, you did tell me before I started that he was a top bloke..........:)

Member for

18 years 7 months

I used to be in the luxurious position of just going over to the Ops room and selecting the maps I needed for that day's sortie. I would cut and glue them to the right shape (with diversions obviously) fastidiously apply all notams and amendments followed by expert fablon-ing to give them a bit of strength/water resistance when you had the door open.

Of course you'd do all that and march proudly back to the squadron only to be told that plans had been changed........:mad:

Member for

20 years 8 months

Having to scroll down through umpteen "Stickies" that should have been binned years ago. And the same ones get repeated on page 2.... And page 3.... :mad:
Yes, I agree